1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

War Kits Revision

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Driver_X, April 15, 2015.

1. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Some time ago Typodestoyer made a thread about DeityWar kits and I had suggested a few tweaks that players seemed to like, but due to problems with plugins and such these revised kits were not uploaded yet.

Since it's been a while (a year, in 2 weeks) and much has changed since then, I'd like to revive the kits idea and check if there are any tweak suggestions or if there is still interest on them at all.

Kit 1: DeityWar Base
    -Iron Sword
    -Bow
    -Golden Apple
    -Armor: Full Protection I

Kit 2: The FaTn1nj4
    -Stone Sword
    -Bow
    -Splash potion of Swiftness II
    -Golden Apple
    -Armor: Full Protection I
    -Boots: +Feather Falling I

Kit 3: Cloud Warrior
    -Iron Sword: Knockback I
    -Bow: Punch I +Power I
    -Golden Apple
    -Chestplate & Leggings: Protection I
    -Boots: Feather Falling II

Kit 4: The Juggernaut
    -Iron Sword: Sharpness IV
    -Bow: Punch I
    -Golden Apple
    -Armor: Full Projectile Protection I
    -Boots: +Feather Falling I

Kit 5: Wow
    -Iron Sword
    -Bow: Power IV
    -Splash potion of Swiftness I
    -Splash potion of Healing II
    -Golden Apple
    -Boots: Feather Falling I

Kit 6: Pyromaniac
    -Stone Sword: Fire Aspect II +Sharpness I
    -Bow: Flame I
    -Golden Apple
    -Chestplate & Boots: Protection I
    -Helmet & Leggings: Fire Protection I

Kit 7: FullLeather Alchemist
    -Stone Sword
    -Bow
    -Stick: Knockback II
    -2 Splash potion of Harming I
    -Splash potion of Healing I
    -Splash potion of Weakness (1:07 duration)
    -Helmet & Boots: Projectile Protection II
    -Chestplate & Leggings: Projectile Protection I
    (No Golden Apple)

All kits would have Infinity bows, arrows and some food (5 Steaks, like now).

The main concerns with kits were about op kits like Wow and Juggernaut, I have tried to balance them a bit, and many people seem to dislike fire weapons so I thought it would be a good idea to do as Dragonslayer suggested and limit it to a single kit.
    Axeplode kit would be removed while Cloud Warrior had its weapons upgraded for a faster game (more damage), with better damage I chose to remove the harming potion from it and made a new kit focused on potions, so there is Alchemist.
    DeityWar Base's armor was 'improved' with Protection I and FatNinja kit had fire aspect removed and now uses Swift II potion for even more speed, that was what people seemed to like about it.

There it is ;)

Qazz, iSquared, Stormmay and 7 others like this.
  2. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    Just putting in my two bob, what if we had like a one in the chamber class where you have a bow with the damage right up so that it is a one shot kill, and no armour. If you miss, then it goes to good old fashion hand to hand combat. If you hit, then the bow is restocked and you have another shot.

Driver_X likes this.
  3. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    I like the idea. Actually I thought of something close to that before - but my reference was one of 1997 Nintendo 64's 007 Goldeneye game multiplayer modes called 'the man with the golden gun' lol. The main problem with it, that makes it not possible to be added to war, at this moment, is spawn camping.
    From what I remember, both Goldeneye and One in the Chamber games/maps have multiple respawn points - what makes camping less likely, while here we have a single spawn point, easy to camp around and 1 hit kill everyone that goes down.

If we could figure a way to discourage/get rid of spawn camping, I am sure this would be a fun game mode/kit to have in War.

Trekar_Sil and BarryX15 like this.
  4. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    Thanks for your reply. I had forgot about the whole spawn aspect of it. Would it be possible through plugins/commands/command blocks to write up a code to cycle through a predefined set of spawn points in five or ten second cycles? This would minimalise the chances of players being spawn killed, and hopefully make it a bit more challenging. And we could possibly incorperate this into all the wars to remove the standard of spawn, run towards opposing spawn, kill, which makes a pretty linear experience, and easy to predict where the enemy will be. With a new spawn system, it would remove this and make for a more challenging and realistic match.