1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

War Kits- Noplzhalp

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Typodestoyer, April 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    I think war is just fine as it is (EXCEPT AXEPLOAD) Because the fire makes it fast paced and fun.

2. owning254

owning254

In-Game Name:
    owning254
    Actually I've written a very long post to rebuttal your argument, but I do not want to argue for the sake of arguing here because I have gotten what I want, in the form of Driver's post. Well thought of and explained clearly, while giving a slice of everything to players who like bows, who like swords, who like fire, who like knockback, who simply likes to play normal PvP without much enchantments. And more importantly, it keeps kits, which defeats the original intention of this thread. I have however, added you to a conversation where I explain my reasoning for everything I've said. If you wish to continue XD It was fun, but I understand if you don't want to.

To make things clear, I was not targeting either Typo or Dragon, but was merely fighting for kits, because no kits is just boring after a while. Flame was a separate less pressing issue, which I would have accepted either way.

Special thanks to jacob, because he understood what I was trying to say even though my words were a little bit difficult to comprehend, although Driver's words really hit the nail on the coffin. It is clear how much effort (more effort than any of us) he put into making that one post, even though it is much shorter than any of our one post yet drives a much clearer point.

thejacoborg likes this.
  3. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    Thought I'd say something to finish this up. Regardless of how it seems, I've always been okay with the idea of kits. However, I watched kit revisions be requested ever since they came out, and saw no response other than "we'll get to it". Well, nice job getting to it. I was sick and tired of seeing all of the great suggestions go unheard other than, "These kits are just a first draft, we'll change them eventually", which is not an adequate response anymore. To avoid getting this same meaningless response, I made a statement that would hopefully bring attention to the issue of the current kits.
    Now, don't get me wrong. I would still love kitless PvP. Many of us were absolutely fine with War the way it was, and it had been out for 9 months, so clearly it wasn't like it was just the startup hype. When kits were first released, many people were unsure about whether they liked them. People who had played war stopped playing, and new people joined. The DeityWar Top Overall shifted quite a bit, as many of the superplayers stopped playing as much. Now I feel that war has been redefined to be with kits, and so stay they probably will (and maybe even should). However, would the kits that are added/deleted/changed please have at least as much thought as Driver's? Because I don't feel as if the current kits do, especially given the fact that Axeplode exists even though its original purpose was never fulfilled, it was kind of a "close enough". Many people who made the kits either don't play war anymore or play very rarely, almost only on the all-server wars. Those of us who play a lot are the ones who use them, and I think that we are the ones who know best in this case. We won't all agree on what's perfect- we don't have to. I just know that we can sure be better than this, and most of us have agreed on that much.

Musician10 likes this.
  4. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    All this mumbo jumbo aside I personally like the kits. I am a bit rusty when it comes to pvp so the kits that force me to use the sword help me improve with the sword and the kits that force me to use the bow help me improve with the bow. Also, I don't necessarily like or dislike knockback/fire/whatever else is op but i feel they are a necessary part of war. It adds a little bit or variety to minecraft pvp which, in my opinion, is kinda needed since no kit pvp can be kinda boring. That's my two cents on the subject and I sure something similar has already been said previously so don't bother writing a big long post in response... I won't read/care about it so it's just a waste of your time that you could be spending playing war :p

thejacoborg likes this.
  5. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    This post has run it's course and to me isn't needed anymore. Especially with the original posters last reply that the only reason it was made was because what he wanted to be done was the most important thing Deity should be working. So it needed a new post to be made for no other reason than to vent/complain about something that already has an entire thread.

I'll just reiterate this here, Deity decides needs to be done for the server and what order things need to be worked on. He does all this in his free time of his own good will and love of hosting minecraft servers. If you don't like the order of importance that Deity puts things for the server, then that's your problem, not his. Just because something was said that it will be done, doesn't mean it will be done when you want it. It will be done when Deity wants it.

So, any more "discussion" about this topic can either be taken back to it's previous thread, or into conversations. Which I believe has already taken place.

ngennaro, Tallpines and thejacoborg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.