1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Vines in creative

Discussion in 'Creative General' started by Hallideadly, November 25, 2013.

1. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    2013-11-25_12.23.19.png I have vines growing on my windows to represent drapes. The windows materials used are glass , cobblestone walls, furnaces, stone, and more but the vines don't go to them.

As you can see in the above pic, one furnace is missing on a bottom row of one of the windows.

The problem is; the vines will destroy a furnace and grow into that space. This is a random occurrence that results in 1 to 6 furnaces missing per day. For the entire time I have had these windows constructed, I have had to replace some furnaces every day.

The furnaces that get destroyed are always on the top or bottom row of the window, never from the 2 columns going up and down. Only furnaces get destroyed, never the glass or cobblestone wall.
    2013-11-25_12.49.32.png
    You can just see a vine inside on the side of that furnace. Once in awhile one previously repaired needs repairing again however it is mostly random, one here, one there.

I have carpets one block below the window to stop the vine growth/spread and it seems that the vines will push into a furnaces space somehow and take it over - such an invasive species of vine.

Twice now I have contemplated the thought of removing all the vines. I do so hate it when my build has blocks out of place. Call it a pet peeve of mine.

Is this an issue that would require a lot of work, (checking coding and so on)?.

If so I will remove them as that would be a far simpler fix,, LOL

2. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Not sure why that is happening, but I can just turn vine growth off like I did on the build world.

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  3. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    nah, that would be no fun as so many things are already off, and I use vines in other ways in my build..

I will just remove them eventually..

Thanks Vershye..:)

4. scoutdog75

scoutdog75

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoutdog75
    Actually this is happening on the pvp world as well with vines, any vines will break any block below it.

5. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    I spoke with Taco about the vine growth, and I believe he has turned it off, so you can now just place vines. It should allow you to be more creative with your vine placements.

6. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    thank you SaintThunder, I appreciate it. Thanks Taco, I can do my final repairs on the windows and be done with them, phew..lol

bran_bash likes this.