1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Twitch1's creative builds

Discussion in 'Creative Tips, Critiques, and Advice' started by Twichl, February 17, 2014.

1. Twichl

Twichl

In-Game Name:
    Twichl
    I'm an appreciator of beauty, and I'm always looking for ways to improve. I'm sure other Craftsman out there want to improve and rank up, but it's not always easy to keep inspiration in a 2D game with limited textures. So I thought why not have a place to post pictures of our creative builds. We could get inspiration from each others pictures, offer building advice and nice critiques.

What do you like? What don't you like? Do you build this with a texture pack? Do you have any tips that'll make or break a build?​

Don't forget to leave the command to get to your plot! ​

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my very unfinished castle, I just started it today. I'm still playing around with colors and entrance ideas. Being a landscape lover this TaigiaHills biome is rough. Can't wait until the new stone blocks reach the server.

[​IMG]
    I'll add landscape last, but I'm worried this will still look very bland by the time I'm done.
    Does anyone know how to get running water, or is that not possible?

/c tp Twichl

2. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    Hey sis *mah igns twitchycake*

Anyways, only Craftsmen can place running water. Since you seem to be a great builder, I would suggest having that as your class.

OH, thats in creative. :3 Well, no, sadly. You can't have running water, *sadface*

3. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    I moved this to the correct creative forum that as actually created for exactly this kind of post.

melvin484 likes this.
  4. Twichl

Twichl

In-Game Name:
    Twichl
    Whoops, sorry Vershye.

Hi there big sibling,
    No running water in creative? Pfft... no block update in creative.... *slurred bothered mumbling*

melvin484 likes this.
  5. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Running water and running lava was removed because people thought it would be hilarious to make it flow off the edge of their plots into other peoples areas and screw up their builds.

Block update? No clue what you mean there.

melvin484 likes this.
  6. Twichl

Twichl

In-Game Name:
    Twichl
    I figured it was due to no block updates. If the water block doesn't update, the water doesn't flow. Same with lava. I'm not a redstone person, so I've never tested to see if BUD switches work or not, they rely on block updates to work.

7. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Ahh, I gotcha. Yea, block updates happen. It's just the flow is disabled.

8. moneymankillz

moneymankillz

In-Game Name:
    vidimc
  9. Twichl

Twichl

In-Game Name:
    Twichl
    Well it's finished and up for review. Whew! It took about 8 hours. Please come check it out and leave a comment!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hey... feel free to post up builds other than mine.:)

Sephronia likes this.
  10. porterdog02

porterdog02

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    PorterYT
    That is cool

Wish I could get another plot

Last edited by a moderator: February 21, 2014
  11. Twichl

Twichl

In-Game Name:
    Twichl
    Have you put your plot up for review?

12. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    yes you can make water look as though it is running in creative on this server. The trick is to make a pillar that you can place a water block against - then remove the pillar and the water remains.

use your creativity to make different ways for this to work. when one block of water is placed one block below an adjoining water block, like a stair case, then it will appear to be flowing down. - I myself made several water falls this way when water does not actually flow - hope this helps.:)

Twichl likes this.
  13. porterdog02

porterdog02

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    PorterYT
    I have put it has failed to be reviewed I have tried 5 times I give up now I built something really cool and I want to level up craftsman I can post a pic tomorrow of my build and see how you guys like it I hope you guys can help get it reviewed and approved

14. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    looked at your plot, tbh it lacks detail. make curves in the river, ad an island protruding from it so its not all just water, add some detail to the depth, straight lines get you nowhere with rivers in minecraft. detail the houses by putting on sloped roofs, use more than one type of wood, detail the inside (dig down so they all have cellars or something like that) maybe make a dock. add a sail to the boat or somthing to show what kind it is, get rid of one of the side canals, put something under the 'pig' to show there a fire (orange wool should work, i normally use a sign saying fire) landscape the area a it (some slight hills, or just raised up 1 block and continued area that way, good effort on the trees, but stagger them slightly and place some more, also place some of whatever wood type you use so it has some semblance of normalcy for how they got the wood (or instead of a middle island make a barge carrying supplies, like logs and chests of things and the such)

Hope that helps a bit! it has potential, but details are king.

15. porterdog02

porterdog02

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    PorterYT
    I got a group plot and I'm happy

16. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    Awesome for you, but did you listen to the advice I gave you for your rank 1 plot?