1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Town Zone Plots and Build Permits

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by BarryX15, February 28, 2016.

1. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    These plots are meant to protect streets and other places around already claimed town/resident plots.

How to claim them?
    No claiming necessary. Town zone plots are claimed automatically every day when the tax hour comes. All that town mayor/comayor/sr.assistant has to do is to use the command /t set zone size. The lowest size is 0 (no Town Zone) and the highest size is equal to the town rank (Rank 3 town can set zone size up to 3)

What these numbers do?
    Size equals the number of chunks around each claimed town/resident plot that are automatically claimed by Town Zone.

Do i have to pay for claiming?
    No. But you have to pay additional tax for extra protection. Each size costs more. Size 0 costs nothing, Size 1 adds 100 Dei to base town tax, Size 2 adds 300 Dei, and Size 3 adds 600 Dei. When tax hour comes, this additional tax is taken from the town bank and after that the zone is (re)claimed according to the size set. If there isn't enough Dei in the town bank, no zone is claimed and it stays as Wilderness.

Thats a lot of tax. How does it protect?
    Access and Use settings are set to Public e.g. everyone can walk or use switches there. Edit is forbidden e.g. nobody (not even town staff) can place/break blocks etc.

But what if we need to rebuild something in the Zone?
    There are few options:
    - ask your mayor/assistant to lower the Town Zone size and wait until next day when it gets auto-unclaimed
    - ask your mayor/assistant to claim the place with regular town plots
    - buy a Build Permit

Build Permit?
    Build Permit is a permission for one player and one plot of Town Zone, allowing the player to build on the plot.

How much does it cost?
    The cost of build permit is related to the zone size: 100 Dei for size 1, 300 Dei for size 2, 600 Dei for size 3. Half is taken by server as a fee, the other half goes to town bank, so it can be some source of income for the town.

How long does the Build Permit last?
    Until next tax hour, e.g. up to 24 hours if you buy the permit right after the tax hour.

Who can buy Build Permits?
    Mayor/assistant can buy a permit for any player, using /plot permit playername. Dei is taken from mayor's/assistant's account.

EDIT:

How do i see if the plot is just a Town Zone or if it is regular town plot already?
    Town Zone plots will show town name in the chat in different color (suggestion: green) than regular town plots.

Can i use Town Zone plots to expand the town and claim further?
    No. You can /t claim only if there is a regular town plot adjacent to the plot that you want to claim. The purpose of Town Zone is to help with protection, not with expansion.​

Any examples?
    See this town: Yellow are resident plots, Red/orange are town plots, grey are plots that have been unclaimed to lower the town tax.
    town zone1.png

If the town pays for 1 chunk town zone, it covers the green area like this:
    town zone2.png

Want to pay more? 2 chunks?
    town zone3.png

And last example, 3 chunks.
    town zone4.png

Last edited: February 29, 2016
    squeezal, The_Yogs and heinz_gruber like this.
  2. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    I like the ideas, they took a lot of thought, i'm gonna have a good long think about this before i come to any conclusions.

just a thought
    Comparing no zones to 3 zones you gain so much more protection for what initially seems a lot of dei per day, but that could be a good money sink, for the amount of land gained, it seems worth it for rich towns who would like to maintain the scenery.

3. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I like the idea very much, it would lower the taxes for towns that are smaller and less active, and pull money from the towns that are bigger and more active.

Can you turn a town zone plot into a regular plot by claiming it? If yes, can you do it for zone 2 and 3 plots, as they are not next to a town plot.

BarryX15 likes this.
  4. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Good point.
    Town Zone plots behave like wilderness for claiming purposes e.g. claiming the plot is possible only if there is regular town plot adjacent to the plot that you want to claim.
    Edited original post.

5. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    This is a brilliant concept

asdfjkll2 likes this.
  6. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    I think this is a fantastic idea. It also means I could use more than common blocks to landscape with as they won't be stolen. Could be a good kick to the economy :)