1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Town Wars!

Discussion in 'Approved Suggestions' started by OoDozerxBoyoO, January 11, 2012.

?

Does this suggestion interest you?

1. Yes.

79.2%
  2. No.

5.9%
  3. Kinda.

14.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    I know i have made a thread before this, but i think a fresh start and having more posts to sum everything up will be a great success!

Now let's start this off with summarizing my suggestion, "Town Wars!" the battling of towns in not just a combat arena! Which to make it simple, Towns that battle in arenas that do not require you to kill the opponents and maybe sometimes not even see your opponent!

With Town Wars i am trying to add a bit more of a rivalry to the towns and also just plain fun with competition, different arenas and different objectives, i think everyone will love this and if they don't, there's more than one arena so i'm sure that they will find something they like, and if they don't i hope a future idea will!

Now let's get started!

Here is a list of all the Arenas i have idea's for and also a few more idea's on how "Town Wars!" will work!

Capture the flag:
    In Capture the flag or "CTF" the teams will be fighting for each others flags or in this case i had an idea for flowers as flags, so that it is one hit break and you can carry it to the other side. However the enemy team will be trying to kill you and return there flower to there base! But, in order to win you must have both flowers placed at your area! With that being said, you are going to die! So there probably will be some custom spawning in the Arena so that you will respawn in the arena and be ready to fight again! I'd also like to add a rule to it, that you cannot place the enemys flower without first having yours in it's original spot! But once you have both in the appropriate spots, your team will score and the round will be reset. Depending on the set score you might have more rounds and you might not.

Scavenger Hunt:In Scavenger Hunt, both teams will be competing to find a specific item maybe in a chest or hidden under dirt and stone. Either way there will be two of the identical arenas with you and your town trying to find the item before the other town does so. This means you might have to mine a considerable amount down to find something in this arena, so you will rely on teamwork for speed to beat the other town! But there could be obstacles such as lava or mobs that you have to watch out for because if you die you respawn outside the Arena and your team will have to try and win without you!

Deathmatch:Deathmatch is a pretty common style of play in most games. It is two teams battling in head to head combat, although like some of it's other counterparts, "Town Wars!" Deathmatch will only have one life instead of multiple, so your town is fighting to not only kill the other town but to also stay alive themselves!

Race:In the Race arena, you will be racing in many different ways. There could be a one on one race where your towns will pick a representative to represent the whole town in a race, or you could have multiple people on the track, competing to see which team will have all there teammates get to the finish line first! I was even thinking of adding obstacles to the race, such as hurdles or weird jumps you have to do really fast in order to win! And also i would like for there even to be a relay race that combines all of the towns individual speeds to win!

Maze:In Maze, you are trying to reach the end point while trying not to get lost! Your arena's may be the same but you will never see your opponents until the end of the Maze. Maze is not meant for whole towns, it is meant for about 1-3 representatives to go into the maze, and find the end before the other towns representatives. In the maze i was thinking there would be mobs and you would have to try and stay alive as well as find the endpoint before the other team!

Maze Deathmatch: (Credits go to Dinomo for this idea!)In this Arena, the maze will force the teams to clash, meaning they will have to fight in order to win. Although the main objective is not to kill the other team, there is still an end point that each of your teammates are required to get to in order to win, that is however if your team does not kill or kills the other team.

Maze Deathmatch FFA: (Credits go to Dinomo for this idea!)This Maze is unlike the rest, in this maze there will be multiple representatives from each town spawn in different areas of the maze with stone swords, to battle it out and claim victory for there town! This however means you rely on instinct to make it out alive, because you will not know where everyone is at every moment.

Joust:Please note that Joust is not on horses or nothing like that, it is mainly like the american gladiators version, where two people stand on a beam and try to knock the other off! This arena is meant for one representative in each town to battle it out and knock the other Representative off with a pickaxe!

These are the Arenas i have in mind so far! I may be adding more down the road!

Now here is a list of ideas for the Arenas:

Habitat/Season Arenas:With this idea i am encouraging Arena's to take a roll in the habitat they are in and also the season they are in, such as if there was a deathmatch Arena in the desert, then that Arena will be a desert Deathmatch arena instead of having the arenas all the same and looking unnatural to the surrounding habitat. With that mentioned, i think the Arenas should also have a seasony feel, for whatever season they are in! Such as Halloween, that means maybe adding jack-o-lanterns to the Arenas or maybe even a new mob to the Arena to give it that seasony feel, so it's not the same Arena you go to it every time and makes it boring!
    (Credits to Dinomo for this addition.)
    The habitat and seasony feel to the arena, should have a bit more of an interaction to the arena, such as if there was an arena that was in the desert there would be a cactus field in the middle making it harder for the player to move and also causing extra damage to the player if not careful. Also that means the same thing for Seasons as well, such as in Halloween maybe everyone getting a pumpkin head as they enter the arena, that blocks off some of there vision so it makes it a bit harder to see the opponents.

Town based Arenas:
    I added this suggestion because i know, that each town will have one thing that they are better at than the rest, like "Jousterville, home of the Jousters!" which most likely means there custom arena will be a jousting one and there home Arena will be decorated with that towns colors and symbols! However depending on the town, they can change there Arena as town wars progress.

Nauss, Banjofox, Leo and 5 others like this.
  2. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    Great post, I love the ideas! Keep up the good work! :D

Banjofox likes this.
  3. kauffmanjd10

kauffmanjd10

In-Game Name:
    kauffmanjd10
    I must say that this does seem like quite a suggestion!

It would definately make some more work for higher ranking city officials due to population management though.

But I really do think rivalry/competition is what drives people to greatness =)

4. Jones__

Jones__

In-Game Name:
    Jones__
    so it would be like any event that we have but against another town rather than amongst ourselves, doable

5. xTiGhTxBrOx

xTiGhTxBrOx

In-Game Name:
    DaVinci11
  6. gigarex169

gigarex169

In-Game Name:
    gigarex169
    These are great ideas and I hope most of them are added into the game
    (I liked your thread)

kicks111 likes this.
  7. Randomguy856

Randomguy856

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Randomguy856
    I like this idea. How does team Spleef sound to you?

8. sublimies

sublimies

In-Game Name:
    sublimies2
    I like the ideas, and perhaps gambling between the towns to make it interesting. This might even be possible to setup by players. I think it would be hard for an entire town to cheat if they fear scorn from the rest of the cities.

9. 42mileslong

42mileslong

In-Game Name:
    42mileslong
    I think it would be better if one town attacked the other town, so building your town with fortifications would be a good idea. Don't really like the arenas, I think fighting in the wilderness is better :)

maxwell25937 likes this.
  10. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    Thanks Arwen! I have even more plans for the Town! But there secret. lol
    I agree! We needed way more competition in my eyes, and this is a friendly competition that also adds a spice of war, since there could be rivals between towns, they could come up with some fun over the sever. :) Thanks for your feedback, By the way!

11. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    I hope so! It's all up to the mods now, and thanks for your feedback!

I'm glad! Thanks for posting!

Most? Is there any particularly that you don't like? And also, thanks for posting with your feedback, and the like!

I don't exactly know for sure, care to explain in depth how this would work and not be a gigantic free for all?

That is so true, but i don't know about the gambling just yet! Maybe a town wide reward?

Hmm, that gives me ideas! And by the way, thank you so much for a dislike! I was hoping to get one from someone. :p Call me a masochist, but it is just proving honesty. :p

12. Randomguy856

Randomguy856

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Randomguy856
    Well there is this multiplayer variant a friend of has been working on where some of players on your team sit on the side lines with the ability to throw down approved items to help out your active team mates. Now this variant is still in the works and needs testing, but thats what I meant.

13. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    These all sound excellent! I'd love to build some arena's with you, and I'm definatley putting my town into this. In fact with your permission i'd like to organise my town vs others in some of these games soon!

14. mdiam7

mdiam7

In-Game Name:
    mdiam7
    Sounds awesome if the admins will follow through on some of these ideas

15. Dragonlord849

Dragonlord849

mod edit: I removed AshRaven's quote as it was deleted for language and offensiveness.
    you cant talk normal? and changes your banner its to big

to the post
    you are staying expend the pvp arena or add things to event world?

16. Hiddetjuh

Hiddetjuh

In-Game Name:
    Hiddetjuh
    I like it Dozer, much better explained than other suggestions. I would like to see this is in the server.

17. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    If you'd like to make a conversation with me i'd be happy to hear every detail of this idea, and maybe even give some suggestions!

I had an idea, that if this idea ever got a little recognition by some of the mods, to actually make an arena and show them how it works! By the way, do you own your own town?

Thank you! By what it sounds people are chipping in alot of ideas so stay posted and i bet you'll see something you really love!

I don't understand this. And who is AshRaven?

Thanks bro! Maybe if this gets a bit recognized, we could have the first arena in our town? Haha, maybe not but it'd be fun to do after out districts are done. :p

18. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    Yes, Oakdale. That sounds good, and when it happens we are certainly taking part.

19. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    Awesome! Maybe we could make a test arena in your town with the help of a mod? Because Galaxy is still way early.

20. bearswearhats

bearswearhats

In-Game Name:
    bears_wear_hats
    definitely an idea that would improve the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.