1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Town Ranch

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by squeezal, November 14, 2013.

1. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    So, as a game designer, I've thought a lot about what I would do if I made my own custom, themed server as an exercise. That's besides the point, as it might count as advertising or whatever, and I can't code anyways, but I had an idea.

What if towns could pay to turn a plot into a town ranch. The only things they could place on this plot would be fences, gates and up to three furnaces. In each furnace, you'd put a mob drop from an animal, say wool, pork, beef or raw chicken. then, once every six hours or so, one or two of those animals would spawn. The max would be three to six animals, and they would only spawn if the previous animals were killed. what spawned would be controlled by what was in the furnaces.

This would allow a few tamed animals per town, without causing lots of lag. Say one or two ranches per town, or one for every 100 possible plots the town could claim and perhaps be a money sink if that plot cost more than 2 dei a day in taxes.
    Sounds like a good middle line in all the arguments I've heard over the past year for and against mob farming to me!

2. axeminster2

axeminster2

Good idea although that still controls animals very strictly considering many people want animals to be just the way they are in single player

3. DarkBoo2

DarkBoo2

this is a really good idea

4. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    thats a great idea. i found plans for a house made of lots wool. itshard to find sheep , and wool from shops is very expensive.

5. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    Sorry I haven't responded, it wasn't alerting me when people posted to the thread!
    There have been lots of problems in the past with people controlling lots of animals, or hoarding them. Lag, and the way the server calculates mob spawning, as well as economy issues. Deity has made it plain he doesn't want animals to function like they do in vanilla, which is why I wanted to come up with a compromise.