1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Town Punishments:

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Hammerhead27xd, April 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammerhead27xd

Hammerhead27xd

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Hammerhead27xD
    (Apologies if this has been suggested, I cannot find it anywhere)

Recommendation: Extra punishments for town staff to use to control, or help to make people adhere to the rules. Some punishments include;

• The ability for town staff to warn a town citizen. Command Input: /t warn name reason
    • The ability for Senior Assistants to 'Blacklist' somebody from the town. Command Input: /t blacklist name reason.
    • The ability for Senior Assistants to 'kick' somebody for a reason. Command Input: /t kick name reason
    • Have a log book (Like the ledger) that records recent warnings, kicks and Blacklists. Command Input: /t logbook
    ---

• When someone is /t kicked - They are automatically added to the town Blacklist.
    • To remove someone from the blacklist. Sr. Assistants use the command /t allowjoin name.
    • When someone is warned, kicked or blacklisted. A Message appears on their screen -
    You have been warned/kicked/blacklisted by [Town Name]

• If the person being punished is in the town with other people, This message would be displayed.
    Senior Assistant Hammerhead27xD has warned MinecraftMan123

Here are a few examples of what it would look like on a persons screen -

The Screen of someone who has just been warned within a town -
    Senior Assistant Hammerhead27xD has warned MinecraftMan123 (This message is only shown in the town)
    MinecraftMan123 has been warned by the town Metropolis. Reason: Stealing from the town farm (This message is broadcasted to the whole server, including to the people in the town)
    You have been warned by the town Metropolis (This message is only seen by the person who has been warned)

---

The Screen of someone who has been blacklisted, This person is not in the town.
    MinecraftMan123 has been blacklisted from the town Metropolis. Reason: Griefing
    You have been blacklisted from the town Metropolis

Notes:
    • Since this is sort of implemented to an extent. I think it needs further detail to make it even better. For example, If 'MinecraftMan123' is warned by the town 'Metropolis' a message would be broadcasted to the whole server saying;
    MinecraftMan123 has been warned by the town Metropolis. Reason: Stealing from the town farm.

• This same idea would apply for both blacklists and kicks. For example;
    MinecraftMan123 has been kicked from the town Metropolis. Reason: Griefing town plots, Stealing from the town farm.

---

MinecraftMan123 has been blacklisted from the town Metropolis. Reason: Trolling, Insulting town members.

• The Logbook would look very similar to the ledger today, Here is an example to what it could look like. (Apologies, These are in non-American date format. DD/MM/YYYY)
    14/02/2016 - Sr. Assistant Lollypop123 warned MinecraftMan123 for Stealing from the town farm.
    13/02/2016 - Mayor Superman123 has blacklisted MinecraftMan123 for Destroying Town Farm, Griefing.
    12/02/2016 - Sr. Assistant JumpingJack has kicked MinecraftMan123 for Insulting town staff, Excessive Profanity Usage.

-----------------------

Now, I know some people are going to go like...

[​IMG]

And be like - "That's not gonna work..."

The principal behind it is simple, If Town Staff can be trusted as Town Staff. They should be able to be trusted managing town affairs and the like.

---

Now, If any clarification is needed please do ask.

~Hammerhead27xD

2. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    I'm pretty sure there is already a /kick command. But it would still be really helpful to have some sort of log book. Maybe something that's cross town/ kingdom, to dissuade people from stealing from one town then moving to another multiple times.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  3. Hammerhead27xd

Hammerhead27xd

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Hammerhead27xD
    Yes, I know of this. I think we need to be able to give a reason for kicking someone

4. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    The matter of a town blacklist has been discussed already and shot down HERE

If you need to warn a town member about something regarding an issue in the town, I don't believe that it requires extra commands. It would be best to just talk with them personally as opposed to using a command to let them know. It's better for communication, especially with new players.

Also, town staff can already kick town members if they break town rules, which could be anything. Also, town staff have the ability to eject non-town-members and they cannot enter the town until the next server restart.

kris383 and Sephronia like this.
  5. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    The "reason" for kicking a player can simply be communicated to someone who wants to know, and we allow towns to kick players for whatever reason they choose. It is possibly something that could be added to include the reason if people were able to access that information somewhere. The only other thing that might have merit would be the ability to send a warning, but I don't know how that could be made more noticeable/useful than sending the resident a /mail.

Basic summary:
    "/t warn" isn't necessary because it wouldn't be more noticeable than a /mail
    "/t blacklist" is flat out something that will not be added (see thread linked by Qazz)
    "/t kick (reason)" has potential, but isn't an entirely necessary feature
    "/t logbook" Would need more functionality than seeing kicks and warns for it to be useful.

kris383 and Sephronia like this.
  6. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    perhaps /t warn could make use of that new feature that displays massive popup words in the center of the screen. and yeah; as thunder and qazz noted, I suggested town blacklisting a while ago, and that didn't go over so well lol

heinz_gruber likes this.
  7. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    warning - nobody would care if they would see it in /mail (some people dont read /mail at all), and very few people would see it in /tc, knowing how dead inactive most towns are. And shouting warning to one person in global chat doesnt need any coding, you can just use /ot and be yelled at for player bashing.
    I suggest having a town staff conversation on forums where you would log such warnings to notify other assistants about troublesome residents, then you can count how many warnings the resident had and punish them if there were too many warnings.

blacklist - check the link posted by Qazz.

kick with reason - i agree with Saint.

log book - is not necessary for warnings and blacklisting because they will not be implemented, but i see this as quite more useful than others, will post my own suggestion.

8. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    As i recall the vote was evenly split just barely in favor of having blacklist option. So would only say shot down by less than 50%

Theyogs and i both wanted something like this added to the noble class rank possibly, so maybe i will make a suggestion on Saints Class perk thread if i find a way to tie these 2 issues up with a pretty bow.

I agree we can currently manage with communication as suggested by Saint, but it is always good to keep an open mind to other alternatives. <3

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  9. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    I don't understand why a suggestion about blacklist being added to nobility would be suggested as a class perk if it was shot down as a town function. Yes, the "vote" may have been 50/50, however it's ultimately up to the staff (mostly Deity) and it was said it wasn't going to happen. I understand why some people may want it but it's rather superfluous in my opinion.

asdfjkll likes this.
  10. TeamRocket1515

TeamRocket1515

In-Game Name:
    Zailea
    doing this will help keep bad players away. sounds helpful

What will be the command?

Last edited by a moderator: April 26, 2015
  11. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    I don't much like the idea of broadcasting town matters to the whole server. What happens in town, stays in town. The rest of the server doesn't need to know about your drama ;)
    1. I'm not sure we need a formal warning mechanism, /msg should be fine.
    2. /kick adds to blacklist already. Blacklist lasts until the server restarts. If they come back after the restart and continue to bother you then just /kick again.
    3. sure, can do.
    4. Log book shall arrive soon. I'll make sure it includes kicks and records the reason, if typed
    I think the current code only blacklists the player from walking on town plots. I'll look at changing it to a radius similar to the "can't make a town this close to another town" limit. This way they can't get within a couple hundred blocks of the town.

12. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    THANK YOU

BarryX15, Fiver26 and asdfjkll2 like this.
  13. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Lol, i didn't realize this was wanted so badly.

Niall and Majora_Unmasked like this.
  14. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
  15. ImNotDanny

ImNotDanny

Sounds Awesome! I feel it would help a lot to have a /t blacklist [Name] command as it would cut down on any possible harassment.

16. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Except that isn't what is happening. What btarb is saying in his post is that '/t kick' does the same as '/t eject'. Except now eject protects in a radius around the town property rather than just on the physical claimed plots.

Qazz, BarryX15 and btarb24 like this.
  17. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Ignore the stuff i said about /kick. I meant to say /eject the whole time. /Kick will remove a player from the town residents list, but will not bar them from walking near the town. /Eject will forcefully move them from standing on a town plot and put them at server spawn. This does create a barrier from coming back.

18. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    I kinda thought you meant eject rather than kick, but didn't want to assume so. :D

btarb24, NiceraIzCool and BarryX15 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.