1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Town Blacklisting?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Majora_Unmasked, January 19, 2015.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes (say why in the comments)

51.9%
  2. No (say why in the comments)

48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranchero1957

Ranchero1957

In-Game Name:
    Ranchero1957
    I did not say it did not have flaws I was just trying to help the problem and I thought it might help.

Hi Gwen you are right it was your town and now that I think about, I just could not remember the name of it. Hope you are doing well, Ranch

Last edited by a moderator: January 25, 2015
    Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  2. Wazler

Wazler

• Vip
    Why don't we just illiminate the plot cap, or when a resident joins a town get 8 plots. More players now want 4 plots all a town gets is those 4 plots. This leaves few extra plots. Things like spawn, warp areas, farms and and oh my gosh roads eat up town plots like crazy. So what I see here is that we are trying to prevent griefing and milicious activity within towns especially those plots surrounded by claimed areas but wild and exposed to griefing.

You have a nice road system so your residents can get to their houses without getting lost. Those roads and other plots are not claimed therfore not protected. In all good intentions you bring in this new person to your town set him up with a plot have him vote for the server and get him settled. Turn your back and your road is gone and the new person left your town with materials. Town matter cant do anything, "mayors" fault so to speak all preventable if hey were claimed.
    As for the returing annoying persons comming into town. No need to set spawn to private just the way out of spawn is for town members only. That way at least you can deter someone warping and randomly coming in and taking everything or just comming along and jumping up and down in front of you all day saying polly want a cracker.

I will have to look at the kingdom limitations and things but most of this can be prevented by having those plots claimed, but we can't because residents and main town builds take them up. There arnt any extra to protect your land.

3. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Just a note to this part, taken from the 'Commands for Town Staff' page of the guide.

"Bonus Plots

Towns can buy their own bonus plots by /t bonus [amount]. Up to 5 per day can be bought and it costs 500 dei per plot (plus the money for claiming them)."

asdfjkll and Sephronia like this.
  4. Wazler

Wazler

• Vip
    are those bonus plots unlimited? and do they go down in price with higher level towns?

5. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    I don't believe they go down in price currently, but I'm hoping that Deity will make their price equivalent to the cost to '/t claim' the plots at each level. I think it's currently 500 per plot no matter the town level.

The_Yogs and asdfjkll like this.
  6. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Have Deity and smcallah reached a verdict?

Rmarmorstein likes this.
  7. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    Unless Deity comments otherwise, what @SaintThunder posted is Deity's stance on this is.

8. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Yes, but the idea has since been revised to just handle teleportations to official town warp points.

Rmarmorstein likes this.
  9. matrich99

matrich99

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    matrich99
    I think that Imdeity said his piece on this as KiddieWish said unless Imdeity says anything, this is unofficially pocket vetoed.

10. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    And like I said, the idea is currently not what Deity vetoed, but a revised form.

11. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    The 'revised' form is what exactly? To block access to Town Spawn and Public Town Warps for specific people?

Many thanks,
    Seph

12. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Yes, and I would assume they would have to be kicked out of town before being added to this blacklist.

Last edited: January 29, 2015
    asdfjkll and Tallpines like this.
  13. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    The revised form is to just moderate warps and spawn for specific people, rather than tracking their movement.

14. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    So... how does this stop unwanted visitors from accessing your town again? I mean, if they are set on being a nuisance, wouldn't they just go cross-country to your town from the nearest public spawn? This offers a minor inconvenience, at most, especially to, lets say, a Donor.

I thought the original point of this was to compile a list of wanted visitors and block them from accessing your town at all, so as to 'prevent griefing and/or harassment', which has already been gone over in depth. This doesn't seem more practical than before.

Many thanks,
    Seph

matrich99 likes this.
  15. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    The revised form is to add certain people on a blacklist - - Being on the blacklist blocks players from using the town spawn and public town warps.

Most of the time the issue lies with unwanted/unresponsive noobs repeatedly returning to the spawn/warps they learned. Going cross-country is something done by more rebellious players. However, by utilizing /t eject, they will eventually get discouraged from repeating their long journeys back into town.

In the scope of server development, this revised suggestion does not require an extensive amount of time or effort to implement.

16. matrich99

matrich99

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    matrich99
    I have to ask why is noobs repeatedly returning to warps they have learned a problem. As long as they don't grief this shouldn't be a problem but IDK if this causes problems.

17. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Griefing isn't the only reason we would want to keep someone away from us.

18. matrich99

matrich99

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    matrich99
    Thats what i am asking other than griefing how is someone using the warps cause problems. I am curious as i dont actually know.

19. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    I was dealing with 3 trolls for 2 years before they got banned. Doha was on lockdown everytime they came online. They did everything on the borderline. Trolling residents, etc.

BTW, I'm done with this thread. Overkill.

asdfjkll likes this.
  20. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Yogs pretty much summed up how this revision can still be effective. Thank you for your continued input

asdfjkll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.