1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Town Blacklisting?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Majora_Unmasked, January 19, 2015.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes (say why in the comments)

51.9%
  2. No (say why in the comments)

48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caedus_

Caedus_

Good arguments for and against, I think i'm leaning towards no though.

2. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    Now, I'm not trying to be being rude here, but you've only been here a few days, which really is not long enough to form you own opinion on this without being severely influenced by other people as you read through this

3. fluffypaw

fluffypaw

• Sponsor
    Maybe he's experienced from other servers?

Rmarmorstein likes this.
  4. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    Experiences very from server to server though, if you are jumping into a conversation for an add in on a specific server you have to base it on the server in question because every one is diffrent

5. matrich99

matrich99

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    matrich99
    Like I said previously this will not solve any problems it will create more. And owners of towns that don't want to pay more tax in order to be able to /eject anyone that is in the town border are taking that risk. Instead you want Imdeity to add a tool to make your lives easier and still be able to evade tax. In my opinion if people can handle the harassment then they shouldn't be mayor. You think in real life mayors have a blacklist in order to prevent anyone that they don't want in the town. Only if that person breaks a law will they be punished. The same thing works here, the mods have already said that you can send in a ticket for this stuff anyway. And if for whatever reason they didn't before this should be a wake up call for them to take harassment tickets more seriously.

ImDeity and Tallpines like this.
  6. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I'm not going to debate your length or experience with this issue, I see that's already happened. I do ask that you supplement your judgment with a reason, however.

In real life, nations have exile, which I believe is met with death if not honored, so I'm not sure if that's the best example to use... And we have contacted staff many times because this player that we had asked to leave us alone, simply wouldn't. What were we met with? Indifference. So, please don't go and insinuate that we haven't tried taking this to staff before.

Rmarmorstein and heinz_gruber like this.
  7. LordRafiel

LordRafiel

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    _Rhuwa
    I'm not entirely sure what lead you to that conclusion. All that was provided was a suggestion to help tackle a notorious issue. Obviously as this is a suggestion it's open to criticism, but it seems to me like you're taking it out of context to support your own views on the subject.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  8. matrich99

matrich99

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    matrich99
    Well in order to use the /eject function in a town the town has to own the plot that the player is on. If the player is not on a plot that the town owns they can not be ejected. The more plots a town owns the more the that town needs to spend to claim the plots which is basically a tax. So in order for the town to still have money they don't claim plots until it is necessary. So a mayor who doesn't claim the plots that are necessary to effectively use the /eject they are complaining about something that in my opinion they should expect when playing a game that has a lot of young kids playing.

I also believe, which I could be wrong, but Towns also pay a tax for all the plots that the town owns. (which is why towns take tax from the players also)

9. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Blacklisting was an idea intended for the Metropolis town rank, originally BTW.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  10. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    In the staff meeting today, Deity says it would take a lot of coding and use up server capacity. Basically the server has to do checks every time the player moves to see if they are within the blacklist zone. Additionally that is what bans are for and it would most likely be abused. There was a similar thing in the past that BTarb had made, but it was very glitchy and used up too much in resources.

11. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    A simpler implementation of the blacklist would be to disallow specific users from spawning to a town (or a public town warp). I think checking player movement is an overkill to begin with as they would probably be banned before attempting to walk inside the town region from the closest available location over and over.

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  12. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I agree with this, perhaps at least this can be implemented?

Thank you very much for bringing this up to him.

13. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    The bolded part is the part that concerns me the most, and I would like this to be brought to Gwen's attention please.

Many thanks,
    Seph

14. Ranchero1957

Ranchero1957

In-Game Name:
    Ranchero1957
    I remember when I first join this server like 3+ years ago I joined Scarlettown I think it was any ways lol Any ways we had a jail their and since I was new then I thought that was a good idea. Is there a way something like that can be used? If said person comes to the town they could be jailed for some time by town staff. When the time is up (say a day) they will get a messaged saying "Your time has been served at {town name} please do not return to this town" then send them to /main. Maybe an idea that would help? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Ranch

15. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    So your saying that town staff should be able to hold a player in a cell for any amount of time without reason? That means that any players could be trapped in a cell for as long as the staff member wants. When/why is that possible a good idea?

thejacoborg likes this.
  16. Attack_on_Ender

Attack_on_Ender

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Attack_on_Ender
    It could kinda work if they had prior warning not to go to that town, but it looks like that would be flimsily at best for reasonjng and you would probably end up with a large abount of people pulling pranks on their friends by doing this....

Tallpines likes this.
  17. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    That was definately not Scarletdawn (that was my town) and would not work anyways. just spawn out again.

18. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I see we are at 19 votes against 19 votes.
    2.png

19. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    But even if Deity was to add /t spawn blacklist, then it wont stop those who can tpa.

I mean the system we have in place should be fine, it just seems that Majora has had a larger problem than i have experienced.
    If Deity doesnt think its viable then we need to rely on the staff to police big town issues bud.

20. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Good point. What I would utilize a blacklist for is those times when a new player isn't compliant. I've had new players learn how to spawn to town and eventually regard that as their only location of building.

Most of the time donators aren't the problem. When they are, they are usually on a route to getting banned anyways ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.