1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Ticketing from Portal

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by ImWilliam, February 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImWilliam

ImWilliam

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ImWilliam
    Recently, I was making a ticket in game and ran into the very pesky problem of the limited character block that Minecraft has built into its chat system. I thought a way to possibly fix this would be to create a new tab in the Portal area where players can send tickets to server authorities.

Now, yes /ticket in game is very useful because it is easy to use for quick, short messages about problems the player may be having whether it is encountering someone breaking the rules or just a problem with donor perks. So /ticket would be left untouched in game.

But, in the ticket tab in the Portal, players would not have to worry about limited character or word counts and could use as much description or detail of the problem as needed, making solving the problem for the authorities easier. In the ticket text box, players would also be able to put screenshots of their problem as well (this mainly helping with possible hackers/griefers) which would give the moderators proof of the problem easier.

Here are some examples of what the tabs/interfaces could look like -

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you for taking time to read my thread and I hope you consider my suggestion.

HaydoJ, SimonFCDallas and CiljaW like this.
  2. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    1 small problem that may go against you in this suggestion is that when you make a ticket in-game, I believe (through the plugin) that a moderator can teleport to the specific location you submitted it.

3. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    The ticket system as it is, is sufficient. Usually this is used to solve ingame stuff. Grief has to be ticketed at the location it took place. For all ticketing that needs screenshots and such, you can easily use a convo on the forums. Usually you would put moderators in there and they take further action and add in admins or other mods if needed. Since moderators are present most of the time, you can easily ask ingame if someone volunteers to get a message by you or you just post it to one or two mods of your choice.

iSquared likes this.
  4. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    You can also do '/ticket comment <id> message' if you run out of space when you originally make the ticket or have further things to add

BarryX15, iSquared and thejacoborg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.