1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

The_Yogs: Banned?

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by The_Yogs, January 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Hi guys, um....I got banned for some reason.
    The server had a restart and I checked out minestatus.com to see the updates and vote for imdeity. This server called "blahblah (Don't advertise please)" was #1, so I checked it out. After 3 min, I realized the server was awful and I said in some chat "Imdeity Rocks!" And of course...They banned me after I said sorry.

Anyway...I basically stated this story when I came back on Imdeity and someone banned me for "being proud of saying imdeity rocks and getting banned on another server." Is this a joke or something. I wasn't trying to be cool or anything by saying my story. Imdeity is the best server :)

--Yogs

Edit: Sorry, good idea of putting "blahaah" in for the name. AND...I logged in again and was unbanned. Then I got banned again by someone. Then I re-logged and was unbanned. Then I was banned again "you dont belong here." Smooth. and 2ndo got banned as well. What an evening.

Niall likes this.
  2. champloo

champloo

In-Game Name:
    champloo
    This belongs somewhere else. Also dont do what you did again. It only causes problems and gives this server a bad rep.

3. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Sorry champ, but it is a ban appeal!

Bilko likes this.
  4. Bonesetter1775

Bonesetter1775

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Bonesetter1775
    I think this is the right spot for it. The Yogs is appealing his ban.

I saw the server message when you got banned, Yogs. Since the staff ban people for advertising other servers here, it's odd that they would ban you for mentioning that you had advertised ImDeity elsewhere and got banned for it on that server.

However, I'm no Moderator. I can't even speculate as to whether or not it was a joke. Good luck, either way.

5. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    I'm pretty sure I was on local chat on that other server too. I did not have the goal of getting banned or giving a bad rep.

6. Kassial

Kassial

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Kassial
    Well, you've answered your appeal yourself. You were banned for spamming on another server, specifically spam about ImDeity. It gives this server a bad reputation and as well as a false representation of our player-base, even if this was not your intention -- you still did it. I have edited your post, please do not advertise on our forums.

Ban type: Local.

vanZeben likes this.
  7. Jingostarr

Jingostarr

In-Game Name:
    Jingostarr
    Can understand it somewhat from both sides. On yours, we all want to big up the server we love and have fun on. But on theirs you basically admitted to doing something they disapprove of. IE: same as a member of the other server coming to ImDeity and shouting "(INSERTRANDOMSERVERNAME) ROCKS". Guessing a temp ban

Ps. Wrote as you were obv writing Kas, sorry

8. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    What kas said and in addition, we ban daily for advertising, what makes you think that its okay to do the same on other servers while representing our server. Just because they are our "adversaries" doesn't mean that we want to make them look bad or give them more stupid people to look after. Furthermore, we dont condone these actions and when you brag about it several times and when we tell you to stop and you continue, what do you think were going to do.

9. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    As mentioned above, even if you like our server and dislike another, you shouldn't spam our server info on another server. It will only make us look bad.

Converted from local ban to temp ban (2 day ban).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.