1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

The Year Gone By...

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by eriqmerc, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eriqmerc

eriqmerc

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    eriqmerc
    So, this is nothing new. Most of you have probably already read similar threads like this and know those people better than you do with me. I didn't really want to do this at first, but then I remembered I've been taking screenshots of the server through my eyes for the past year. It would have been a waste not to share it with you charming people. Before I start showing the pictures, maybe I should talk a little about myself and how I ended up on the server.

(Warning: This next part is slightly depressing. Skip it if you must.)
    I've never tried to be a talkative person in real life. Some of you might know me on the server/forums as 'the guy that randomly comes out of nowhere and says something weird'. In real life, it's a miracle if I say anything at all. This then leads to a problem. People, or at least where I live, tend to see me as either an easy target for picking or some guy who is too cool to talk to anyone. The truth is, talking isn't something that is instinctive to me. I'm almost a pure introvert. All this leads to years of pain. From the age of seven until I was seventeen, I was constantly getting bullied on by different people. When I was younger, I told my parents about someone who kept taking my money and threatened to beat me up if I didn't. It worked for a while but the bully resumed his bullying, this time with hatred for me. Since then, I never told my parents or anyone else for that matter. The bullying went on and on and was silent. Now, I think I'm suffering from slight depression. There were times I almost wanted to give up on life, but I stopped at the last second. It was torture, my childhood. I would wake up scared for what the day might throw on me and go to sleep crying and thinking people would be better off without me, that I never made an impact on their lives anyway. I wondered why people don't like me and then I remembered what I looked like. Probably the worst experience I ever had was experiencing racism first-hand when I was seventeen. Our school is multi-racial and I had the unfortunate luck of being the only boy of my race in my class for four long years.

Before I started doing my A-Levels (which I'm currently still doing), I got a part time job at a semi-casual restaurant. I wasn't really good at it and got told off by the manager a few times. That's not important though because when I wasn't at work, I went on Youtube and was introduced to Minecraft. I clicked on the first video I saw which was owned by a guy named UpMax (YouTube name: prisontv). None of his Minecraft really interested me as much as his ImDeity server videos. What was interesting was that the server seemed...organised (I have slight OCD). I also noticed in his videos in the chat once that the moderator named 'Shoe1' was disciplining some players and that really impressed me. After I quit my part-time job, I used my hard-earned money to buy Minecraft. I never really liked spending my parents' money.

The first day I arrived on the server, I felt a certain feeling. I felt like...I was at home. I went around jumping from server to server but no matter where I went or how far, I always found myself back on the ImDeity server. I didn't talk to anyone at first because I was too shy and preferred to figure things out on my own. I first lived in the mining world, collecting random items. Then one day, VanZeben announced that the mining world would be reset. I panicked and grabbed all my stuff. I felt a little unsecure carrying so much stuff so I decided to join a town. The first town that caught my attention was Nixonville which was owned by Bremer2222. Bremer was a nice guy but he spent too much time being AFK. I was happy for a few months until exams began pressuring me.

I didn't play on the server for a few months and when I came back in January 2013 I was devastated to discover Nixonville had been deleted and all my stuff was gone. Homeless and poor, I wandered around the server, occasionally dying from hunger. Eventually, I got tired of dying and stayed in the creative server. I decided to start anew and decided to join another town. I was a little unsure which town to join at first because I had very little money. I waited for a few weeks, my only source of income being the daily voting. When I figured I had enough money, I went with my final decision, United Nations. That's where I am now. I would like to thank several people whom I divided into two eras, the Nixonville era (my first year) and the United Nations era (my second and current year).

Nixonville Era (First year)
    Bremer2222- The first guy I have to thank. You brought me into your town and were warm towards me though I wished you hadn't been AFK everytime I saw you.

Nixon22- First townie I spoke to. Only saw you for one day but I'm sure you're great person.

Minefaces- Also, a great guy.

greeniegirl0506 (banned)- First person on this server that I had an actual conversation with. Really wished you were still here.

Johndahbomb- You probably don't remember it, John, but I had my first Deity games with you. We were the last ones remaining and you completely destroyed me when you found me. It still makes me smile when I remember how I tried running away from you but ended up getting killed anyway.

Tybr1- First person I talked to in creative. Tried his maze and loved it. Too bad I hardly see you now.

United Nations Era (Second year)
    Hallideadly- You were the first person I talked to when I came back from my short hiatus. I'm sorry I can't complete your mansion maze but I'll admire your brilliance with a simple block game.

Zilton- Girl.....still eating nuclear bombs? Haha. You're probably the coolest girl on the server that I've talked to. Stop wishing that you were as perfect as Ariana Grande. If you were, I probably wouldn't have a cool person to talk to. I never liked talking to tomatoes anyway.

SpeedyGonzales9- Only knew you a bit. We should hang out more, man.

ooopsy10975- I know, I know. I just saw you just a while ago. I was a little depressed when I kept on dying at war. However, what you said to me after the event made my heart feel a little better. It meant a lot to me. You have been blessed with a kind heart, whether you realise it or not.

Tychonx- Hardly know my own mayor. Like Speedy, we should talk more.

Also there's a few people I would like to say a few words to...

link000- I argued with you when I first came here. I was having some troubles at the time and almost got you into trouble. I hope you'll accept my apology.

Majora_Unmasked- I think I've said the joke about you looking better with a mask on one too many times and got you mad and probably hurt your feelings. I hope we can put that behind us and start fresh.

The people who lived in Rebirth last year- When I first came here, I didn't know what griefing was, and that the deed on your town farm. Don't worry, I was placed in jail by Vershye for a while. I hope I can find who were the ones who had to repair the damage I did and make up for what I did.

ImDeity- Lastly, the big boy himself. [Sir-Admin-Owner-Person] Sorry if made some of your players mad. We're all young and naïve at first but ever since I joined your server, I found myself being more mature and having more control and responsibility over what I say and do. I even virtually stopped my bad habit of cussing. Big thank you to you. Also to the Deity, keep up the great work guys. You guys are amazing!

*Screenshots in the next post*

Zilton, ngennaro, FaTd33r and 2 others like this.
  2. eriqmerc

eriqmerc

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    eriqmerc
    [​IMG]A little something that I did for the admins to show my appreciation for their hard work. Drawing is based off their NPCs in the throne room. If you're wondering why ImDeity has huge boots, it's because his NPC was wearing huge gold boots at the time the picture was taken.

[​IMG]AFKing...but AFKing like a boss

[​IMG]AFKing...once again...
    [​IMG]My old house. Since Nixonville has been deleted, it's gone now...
    [​IMG]The Old Spawn. Anyone else feeling nostalgic?
    [​IMG]I remember why this happened (correct me if I'm wrong). NPCs were a bit glitchy.
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]-
    Presenting ImDeity's awesome moderators!
    [​IMG]Ho ho ho!
    [​IMG]Tybalt needs more love. Note the conversation between KiddieWish and isabella1633
    [​IMG]Frau after watching 'Meet The Pyro'
    [​IMG]Hanging out with ImDeity at spleef
    [​IMG]

Anybody remember this next part?

[​IMG]-
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    Why Deity is the best Admin EVER! (He's too cool to get angry)
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]-
    [​IMG]-
    I really hope no one was embarrassed by the screenshots. We're all friends here. That's all from me. Eriq, out.

3. scoguy7

scoguy7

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoguy7
    Gratz let's talk more

eriqmerc likes this.
  4. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    *sniff* I joined on april, but man, these were touching!

eriqmerc likes this.
  5. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Man, you couldn't offend me if you tried. XD I know I'm not really the spirit of Majora (sadly), so why would it offend me? Anyways, congratulations, hope you stay another year.

eriqmerc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.