1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

The Server Needs TreeCapitatior Mod

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Knowerresbeta, December 14, 2011.

1. Knowerresbeta

Knowerresbeta

In-Game Name:
    Knowerresbeta
    The tree capitator mod is when the 1st block of a tree is destroyed the entire tree is destroyed and drops according to the size of the tree will fall. Also the leaves will disapear over time. This would make wood collecting more realistic- and easier!

2. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    Hey, want to read or reread the rules for this subforum?
    http://imdeity.com/threads/suggestions-ideas-subforum-guidelines.578/

1. If you have nothing to contribute, do not post (No "I agree" or "I support" posts without any useful feedback added to such messages).
    2. Bumping is not allowed
    3. Do not suggest a mod, we can't have every player download it.
    4. Do not suggest things that Notch himself can only do.
    5. Do not suggest something that involves multiplayer pvp, it is to laggy, and has been discussed several times.
    6. Do not make on line suggestions, and think about factors as lag, and the need for your suggestion.

markthechampion likes this.
  3. vvenaya

vvenaya

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vvenaya

I disagree. a treecapasiter plugin could be entirely serverside, so as an idea its valid.

The chance of imdeity implementing this is rather slim as it leads to griefing

4. jeremysee

jeremysee

In-Game Name:
    jeremysee
    @vvenaya Kindly explain how felling a tree can lead to griefing?

5. vvenaya

vvenaya

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vvenaya
    1 Person felling 50% of all the trees on the server, could be a possible outcome of having this kind of a plugin active.
    Unless the plugin is written by a dev, that actively records number of trees hacked down. (Such a plugin does not exist to my knowledge, so would have to be custom made)

6. markthechampion

markthechampion

In-Game Name:
    markthechampion
    im with vv this is a bad idea

7. AD2011

AD2011

In-Game Name:
    AD2011
    Your wrong about that, it dosent add items so its a mod we can put on, but still, this would be a terrible thing to put on the server, can cause massive grief and server crashes

8. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    What he suggested was a mod, which everybody can't download but a plugin could work but could also cause grief like you said.

What does a mod that adds items have to do with anything with this thread? He is suggesting a mod, a modification to your Minecraft, not the server. If it were a plugin he'd suggested, it would be no problem to be a suggestion.

9. mgbeaner

mgbeaner

It would be too much work for everybody to need to download this mod just so they could play on this server. Besides, it would decrease the popularity of Imdeity.

10. vvenaya

vvenaya

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vvenaya
    I agree. It is well known that 99% of all players (including you) is lazy beyond my understanding.
    As for the population of Imdeity. Population is not everything. The more people you attract, the more griefers and idiots you get, one of the reasons why I resigned my admin post, and left.

11. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    Yes we should limit our audience to 1 or 2 people so we dont have to worry about griefers..

Also, we should lock ourselves in our houses, so we don't run the risk of possibly getting hit by a car one day. And we should wear tin foil hats all the time, so our brains don't get hit by those evil electromagnetic fields..

There is no reward without risk.

I like where our server is and how it's grown and we have a good set of staff that maintain order, manage the place better and keep it running smoother than servers half or even quarter of our size. And it's kinda hard to have 'towns' if only a dozen people play on the server. Not to mention the fact that the majority of people who join the server seem to enjoy their experience here.

Why limit our goals and the majority of our members' enjoyment for fear of the random 'griefers and idiots'?

12. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    The [idiot per normal player] might increase to, which was probably what VV ment, but the more souls the more joy as we say in Dutch:). The staff is able to prevent or repair things that happend and shouldn't have, so why should we limit the amount of players by adding a mod that's going to kill even normal players game if they can't install it.

13. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Yes, it would make cutting down trees too easy. One person could cut down all the trees they could find within a few minutes.

And it would not really make it more realistic. It's as realistic as it can be right now. When you cut down a tree in real life it doesn't explode into logs as soon as it falls. You still have to cut the tree into logs after you've cut it down.

Since there are no physics like that in Minecraft, the act of you cutting "down" the tree is akin to chopping a tree into logs when it is laying on the ground.

14. Tjkuhl

Tjkuhl

In-Game Name:
    tjkuhl
    if you make a house out of loggs (if this mod is like timber mod)you destroy one log with an axe and poof no more house

15. Knowerresbeta

Knowerresbeta

In-Game Name:
    Knowerresbeta
    Thanks for your thoughts although treecapitator is great I can see why it could be a problem on sucj a big server and with greifing and wood shortage.

16. koltonlp

koltonlp

In-Game Name:
    koltonlp
    it makes the world look a lot nicer i like the idea

17. jeremysee

jeremysee

In-Game Name:
    jeremysee
    Perhaps we could alter to code to work only on natural trees? And limit it to a cool down ability to prevent abuse.

18. Knowerresbeta

Knowerresbeta

In-Game Name:
    Knowerresbeta
    Thats a good compromise. But im sure some crazed griefer will still find a way to cheat th system and kill every tree

vincent likes this.
  19. Alecajuice

Alecajuice

In-Game Name:
    Alecajuice
    With this mod/plugin, any wooden log blocks next to each other will be destroyed if one block is chopped. If you have an awesome tree fort 40 stories high that took a month to build, a griefer could just destroy one block and *POOF* you have random chests and stuff floating in the middle of nowhere. This mod is very dangerous, and I don't recommend it.

20. jeremysee

jeremysee

In-Game Name:
    jeremysee
    I'm not a modded so I have no idea how to alter the code.