1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

The Server is dying.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RovincE, October 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minibirde

minibirde

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    minibirde
    Awe, regardless, I'm just plain glad to hear there is hope for a reset. I'm sure I can faithfully say we love this server Deity. There is no question about the quality time we've spent here. I've really enjoyed it. There are so many levels of activity people can get involved in. I look at the spleef videos which show an amazing variety of players...All there especially for the game. Pretty coolie people set aside time to be together plugging away at each other :). I love it. Then there's creative. It's an amazing tour just flying around in there looking at what people have done and what they are doing. The war maps (wink wink) Such fun! The competitions for builds. It's time people dedicate to each other. Just so awesome. The judges, the organizers, the participants, and of course Deity. Where else do you see this kind of...well? community. Everyone works on it, one way or another, pushing, pulling, building, demanding, giving, it's something I enjoy telling my family about. To see the growth in the peeps here too is great. Thanks so much everyone. Thanks for sharing your time. And Thanks Deity. :) We love your server. You must be very pleased with it. I hope you are.

2. RovincE

RovincE

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    rovince04
    Players inevitably leave, but servers like this will eventually die out as well, as many other servers.

I read everyone's comments and was happy to see good reasons and arguments. Some things are pointed out that I first didn't see.
    I'm really sorry if this thread offended some of you in anyway. Some people may or may not agree on I what I have said. I don't really want to sugarcoat everything I have to say. I just don't want to see this server go lay waste.

In reply to the 1.8 bukkit update. Yes, I know that most of the bukkit staff has quit for whatever reason they have. This will inevitably and greatly delay the 1.8 bukkit update.
    I still play survival minecraft. Don't think for once that those top 10 servers can out-game the original gameplay, whether the players want something unique or not, they will always want to comeback to the survival gameplay.

Some of you said themselves that the server is indeed slowing its phase down. The question is, What is the community and server administration doing about it? Deity said that a map reset will not guarantee a fix for the server.

EmotionOfRage and Stephfork like this.
  3. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    I am glad to see that Deity still cares enough to keep things going, and patiently waiting to see what happens on the game/update development front.
    Although if i am realistic, it will take some major changes to offer a new and fresh experience to old players, and a lot of work. But if anyone is upto the task that i know then it has to be Deity.

I may be personally bored of the server but i wont complain of it, merely keep an eye open and hope for the best, but when it comes to game experience, nothing beats single player, i like my peaceful robinson crusoe style of life, no one to talk to, and a render distance that could blow iron off of a golems back!

My biggest pet hate was having a small render distance enforced by the server, it changes the feel from vanilla to more of a skyblock feel with empty voids everywhere. (Dammit i said i wouldnt complain)

None the less i learned the server is not a place for everyone, and so thats why i am not on it anymore. Good times were had and we move on now, that is life.

If i could say 1 thing i truly believe, if Deity played more then others would too, But thats down to him. So i beg the community, take an interest in Deity, show him your love, and make him want to play, and i am sure things will improve. xD

All the best to everyone, See you on the other side <3

ngennaro, FaTd33r, BurnoutBoz and 5 others like this.
  4. Inkitgee

Inkitgee

• Gold
    Some things have their ups and downs. At least its a place you can come back to.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  5. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    Every time I see these threads, I just remember that thread.

It gets better guys.

6. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    I'll just let Deer answer this for those that don't read.

7. wilku90

wilku90

In-Game Name:
    wilku90
    Let's admit it: nothing can last forever.

Time is passing by and many active in the past players are know more busy taking care of their own real lives. How many years this server is up?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that despite I'm not longer active on the server, I do like to check, time to time, what's going on here. The fact is, I spent some of my life here, met some wonderful people that I can't simply forget. This journey is not only some time spent in a random multiplayer game. For me it was a place, a thing that happened in my life and brought something special to it. The people I mentioned about, the things we did together, the talks we made to the sunrise, and the most important, the special climate this game has. It was all an experience I will remember to my last days.

I know it sounds maybe a bit serious but yeah, this is how I see it.

Thanks.

8. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    ImDeity should add a prison server. We talked about it before and it should be called "Deity Dropped the Soap."

9. ultrathewolf

ultrathewolf

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ultrathewolf
    we should have the games world set up and have like parkor and prision but we should try not to mix up the worlds cuz it might be messed up and then someone gets 1000 gold ores and sent them to the main server

Tallpines likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.