1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

The Many Quotes of ImDeity

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Driver_X, June 13, 2013.

1. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Hey! Do not post your quotes here! Read below.

Important: I'm not suggesting that a thread like this should exist, just like 'Many Faces'. If so, I'd just do it myself, so, don't go Derp on me! xD

I'd like the site to expose a random quote from players at the page's bottom, or anywhere placeable ^^

What? ~ I read another forums besides Deity which also has lots of crazy and creative people, at the bottom of the page is written a quote from players picked from a list, made by staff. Every time a new page is loaded (or reloaded) the quote is randomized again and something else pops up.

Why? ~ This is a simple, funny and, I'd say, creative way to homage the ones who makes Deity what it is , the players! :D The quotes from random people not only would show how weird this community is to newcomers, but would also immortalize the ones who have gone, so they never leave our memories. Take that forum of mine as example, it is dying slowly, the once active and creative users are gone and when I see a quote from an old friend it brings up some nostalgia feeling, some people actually admitted to reload pages just so a new quote comes up xD

How? ~ It could be at the page's bottom, where is currently written "Default Style" maybe, just a single one-liner that loads randomly, with the quote followed by the author's username, and some detailing if needed. The quotes would come from a list accessed by staff only, if players know all of them, they'll go boring, no surprises, the same applies to why this can't be a post, the randomness of a pop-up quote is way better than 'Hey, I want to read something funny now... I'll check the quotes thread!'.

"Staff has better stuff to do than pick quotes around" ~ They wouldn't need to go quote hunting. maybe to kickstart it, but right after, these quotes could be 'ctrl+c' whenever they are reading the forums and see something unusual, no hard work, simply "lol, that was funny, I'll copy it to the quotes list", then monthly staff reads the new added quotes and picks which ones will go in.

I'm tired so I'm writing confusedly, so I better finish it xD
    This suggestion is not important, urgent or gameplay improving, although, it would be a nice small feature, imo, for it nourishes community's friendship and gives that feeling on how everyone is important, and deserves to be remembered.

One more thing,
    Here are some examples from 'that other forum' and ImDeity:

Other Forum:
    "Tal is a dweeb" ~ Tal
    "Staffers are lazy people with soda machines in their basements" ~ VanZeppelin
    "I guess I'm not very quotable" ~ Kat

I'mDeity:
    "I like men" ~ KiddieWish
    "Sir-Admin-Owner-Person" ImDeity's tag
    "Hunt them using live map and stalking skillz" ~ BarryX15, on how to get new town residents

Probably you found ImDeity's quotes funnier, that's because you know it's context and who said it. When I scrolled the page down and that first quote (from the other forum) popped up today, I laughed so hard that I had to suggest this here.

FrauMedic, TiitanX, BarryX15 and 5 others like this.
  2. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    Think I did it wrong, but heres mine "When you've bungled all your bangles
    And your loved ones have been mangled
    Listen to the jingle jangle
    Of my gypsy tambourine

'Cause these chords are hypnotizing
    And the whole world's harmonizing
    So please children stop your crying
    And just sing along with me" Big quote, huh! This is actually lyrics from a song. -_:

3. jamesbond059

jamesbond059

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    jamesbond059
    People are $ to me -The_Yogs

maxwell25937 likes this.
  4. ThunderBird80

ThunderBird80

Muwaaahhhaaaaaa I'm going take over ImDeity Kingdoms "in the backround" mom I told you my bike has a flat pick me up soon. -The_Yogs

5. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Guys, this is his suggestion for a gadget that posts player quotes... He's not asking you to place the quotes here. There's already a quotes thread for that.

6. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Yea, I just add a red text informing that ^^

Also, Yogs only liked the suggestion because he knows how quotable he is. xD

The_Yogs, Majora_Unmasked and TiitanX like this.
  7. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    BUMP!

:p

Would be nice if the thread name could be changed, to add (Suggestion) to it.

8. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    ~Le Bump

People seem to like it but no discussion? Comment about it, so that mods may give some attention to it ;)

9. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    You want a comment? Here: Likey likey. There. I said it.

10. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    This thing?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But Zelda jokes aside, I think this'd be a great idea, since a lot of the players here say some funny junk. Like me, for example. ;)

Hadba likes this.