1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

The Deity Deception Trilogy: book one, "Betrayal"

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bcrass, August 7, 2013.

1. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    im sorry about the late post. i had to search my back up files for the story. also, i will now be posting on sundays due to school. here is chapter 4 though, so enjoy.
    Old friend and a bad start​
    With a start, Vershye opened his eyes. He got on his elbow and looked around him. He turned his head and saw the imprint of where his guest was laying down. He heard a crack and snapped his head to the opposite direction, facing the trees closest to him. The shadows were to deep for him to see anything, so he looked back where his guest was.
    “Hey,” Vershye said softly. No response at all. “Are you there”? Still, with no response, he drew his sword and had just got up on one knee, when he saw a shadow detach itself from a tree. He threw himself on top of the being and held the sword to its throat.
    “Holy Deity! What the Frenderman are you doing Versh?” shouts The_Yogs as he is pushed to the ground.
    “Yogs? What are you doing here?” says Vershye while he sheathes his sword.
    “Scouting for Doha territory, what does it look like I’m doing,” says The_Yogs indignantly as he stands up and brushes himself off. “The question is, what are you doing here”?
    Vershye, looking over to where his guest still rests, says, “That is classified, so if you excuse me, I will try to actually to get some rest.” He gets back onto his roll, then shrugs and gets back up. “Well, I’m much to awake now, so you want to join me with a fire?”
    “I would be delighted,” replied Yogs as he got ready to sit down by the fire pit.
    “Um, you don’t want to sit there,” said Versh as he looked up from the kindling.
    “Why,” asked The_Yogs.
    “I, uh, have a guest who saved my life yesterday. He is… invisible. He doesn’t want to show himself at all.”
    “Yeah, right, and the moon is a giant Ghast,” Yogs snickers as he goes to sit anyway. Just before he touches the ground, his body flies threw the air, then jerks suddenly halfway across the clearing and falls to the ground.
    “Yogs, don’t move, one inch.”
    “I wasn’t planning on it,” he groaned.
    (Who is this Dummkopf who almost sat on me?) asked Vershye’s guest.
    “Yogs, this is my guest. I advise you apologize to him before he rips your chest apart,” Vershye said cautiously.
    “Um, good sir, I’m sorry I almost sat on you. I am a friend of Vershye, so please don’t kill me”. Then, in both Vershye’s and Yogs minds, they heard the voice in both their minds.
    (Any friend of Vershye is a friend of mine.) The_Yogs then felt the pressure lift off him and he once again brushed himself as he got up. Vershye went back to starting the fire and the invisible being sat down in between both of them.

2. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Hopefully Frau doesn't find that offensive :p

melvin484 likes this.
  3. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    wow, it just had to be capitalized...

melvin484 likes this.
  4. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    chapter number whatever, hope you enjoy
    When Mooshrooms fly​
    As the three approached the outskirts of Doha, a storm kicked up and they ran to the nearest inn. As they ran inside, something banged against the wall hard. They shut the door immediately, bolting it in place. With a sigh, Yogs and Vershye turned and blinked in surprise. BitOfAle, OwORawrOwO, and Rmarmorstein sat, opened mouthed, mushroom soup dripping down their chins onto the table. Rmarmorstein recovered first, wiped his mouth, thanked BitOfAle and Rawr for the meal, and walked out briskly without saying a word to either Vershye or Yogs.
    As soon as the door shuts, “Well, that certainly was interesting,” Ale said as he cleaned up the table. Vershye and The_Yogs still just stood there, watching both men at the table. The invisible one locked the doors behind their backs, and then drifted into a corner.
    “What was that about?” Vershye finally asked. Rawr, looked up for a moment, then hiccupped and fell onto the floor. The mug he was trying to hide fell down beside him. A snore escaped him as his body untensed.
    BitOfAle, without looking up, said, “Rmar bet Rawr couldn’t down a barrel of Doha’s best ale in twenty minutes. He lost, and was just paying me the five hundred Dei he owed me when you two walked in.” He gestured to Rawr’s sleeping form. “This little dinosaur however, couldn’t leave it at one barrel though. He went through two more before hitting the soup.” He finished wiping with the cloth, tossed it to the bartender, and gestured to both men. “You guys can have my double room. Rawr will need some sobering up when he wakes and his attitude in the morning is disturbing”.
    “Thank you Ale,” Yogs replies as he starts heading for the stairs, Vershye a few steps behind them.
    Right before they turn the corner, they hear a voice mumble, “Rrrrrraaaaawwwwwrrrrrr… mooshrooms… my mushrooms came from mooshrooms… that’s the secret… bonk…rwar, rwar, rwar…”

5. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    I like it. :D I like the way you write. You dont need to spell anything right, or have perfect puncuation to think its amazing. :D

6. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    The Dangerous Prisoner​
    As the sun rose, Vershye and The_Yogs packed up for an early start, since the streets of Doha become crowded very quickly. As they walked down the stairs, the invisible being saw them and waited by the door. They payed the innkeeper and strode outside, Yogs closing the door behind them. They had planned to stop for supplies at the harbor while leaving Vershye’s horse at the inn, and then they were to go with Yogs to the prison for some information. As they approached the docks, early rising vendors saw them and each one beckoned for the two men to buy from their personal stalls.
    “Morning good sirs! May I interest you in some fried fish? Fresh off the grill!”
    “Naw, come over here! I have some bread, raw fish that you can cook to your liking, and fresh carrots!”
    “Bah,” Yogs says as they keep walking. “There is only one vendor who has the food I buy and he actually gets it fresh.”
    “Oh really?” Vershye looks at Yogs with something approaching suspicion. “What does he sell exactly?”
    “I’ll show you. Ah, were here.” He stops outside a dingy looking door and knocks four times. A slat opens three-fourths the way up and two eyes appear, scanning them both visibly.
    “What’s the password?” a rough voice asks.
    “No Explosions,” The_Yogs says quietly. The slat shuts and the door creaks open, a burly man holding it open as all three walk in. Since the burly man doesn’t see the third being, he almost slams the door shut into him. The being slides in at the last second though, saving its disguise by a few inches. The guard took a position by the door while Yogs made Vershye wait for a few minutes to the back of the warehouse. When he came back, his arms were loaded with steaks, bread, apples, porkchops, even a pumpkin pie. As they head back out, Yogs stuffs the stuff into his ender chest and picks the chest back up.
    “So now were heading to the prison, right?” Vershye asks him as they start walking again.
    “Yes,” Yogs answers with a grimace. They walk for about an hour before they see it. As they approach the front gate, the guards snap to attention, saluting Yogs.
    Vershye peers at their names, then backs off a step. “Your Brennanaha? Didn’t I ban you twice from the kingdom for a short time?”
    “Its nothing to comment on, sir!” Brennanaha replies. “I have realized what I had done and repented by putting in my hours. Now which vault do you need to visit,” as he turns his attention to The_Yogs.
    “Vault eighteen N,” Yogs replies. Brennanaha nods, retrieves his key, and opens the door leading into the hall. After giving his spear to Deadspace333, he leads them past prisons that hold creepers, skeletons, zombies, and chickens.
    “Haven’t we passed vault eighteen N?” Vershye asks.
    “No sir, these are just the mobs vaults. The one we are heading to is below.” Brennanaha comments as he leads them into an elevator. He inserts his key into a slot and presses the button 18. The pistons push the elevator down at an incredibly fast rate. Once the doors open, the walk into an armory filled with fireproof armor. They don the armor and walk through a pair of sliding obsidian doors. A path across a lava lake greets them, and after what seems to be an entire day, they reach the other side where a huge door greets them. Yogs and Brennanaha both remove keys; walk to opposite sides of the door, and on the nod of a head, turn both keys at once. The doors slowly creak open, and a sight beholds them of something so wretched, it makes Vershye shiver. A woman hangs by her arms attached to chains on the walls in the middle of the room; her clothes ragged and head down. As he steps forward, a weak cough escapes her body and a vile gob of something falls from her mouth onto the ground, joining a small puddle of what is there already.
    “NcNavy, you have visitors,” Brennanaha says as he shuts the doors and lights a torch.
    “Come to question me again, haven’t you?” she says with a quiver in her voice. “And by that I mean torture.”
    “What do you mean, torture?” Vershye asked.
    The_Yogs cleared his throat. “You don’t think we haven’t heard about the assassination attempts Deity, don’t you?” He pointed at NcNavy, saying, “she said she was from the thieves guild, so we immediately arrested her…”
    “What! Without a trial!” Vershye exclaimed as he turns to Yogs. “She must be released immediately!”
    “What for?
    “Well,” Vershye asks, “Did you search her for any items?”
    “No… why?”
    “Ah sheep, we gotta get her out of…” a blast suddenly shook the room and all four people on the ground braced as the doors were blown in. As the smoke cleared, the shadow outlines of three people appeared. Vershye, The_Yogs and Brennanaha all are thrown onto the ground, despite their bracing. A chuckle escaped one of the figures mouths.
    “Well, well, well, what do we have here?”
    Who? What? Why?​
    “Who are you?” asked Yogs and Vershye at them same time.
    “Who am I? Who am I!” yelled the figure in the middle, while the silhouettes on both sides laughed evilly. He grabbed Vershye and lifted him off the ground. “I, Vershye, commander of the royal guard of the house of ImDeity, am your worst nightmare.” He laughed cruelly, and then threw Vershye farther into the room. He strode towards NcNavy, who looked at the figure with hope.
    “Sir, you came back for me,” she whispered.
    “Yes I did,” he said as he strode in front of her. “I came for what I needed back,” as he reached for her. She smiled and tried to pull her arms closer to him. He smiled as he reached for her, then thrust his hand into her pocket and withdrew an item enclosed in his fist. Her eyes widened and she threw herself forward in order to try and grab it. He quickly withdrew from her range of grasp and smiled as he looked at was in his palm. He then put the object in his pocket and pulled out his blade.
    “What are we going to do Major,” asks one of the men on the side.
    “Well Moonlamb, we have four extremely dangerous people in here. You and Zuper can kill the men. The traitor,” he points at NcNavy, “well, do what you want with her, then kill her.” The thing Major walked out of the room, deep in thought.
    “Thisssss is going to be a pleasssant day,” ZuperCreeper cackles as he strides toward the men on the ground, blade drawn. His eyes suddenly catch a movement in the corner of his vision. He instinctively raises his sword and catches the invisible beings dagger on it. He tries to look for the being that stabbed at him and saw a shimmer through the heat waves of the open doors. He throws himself on top of it and pinned it to the ground while Moonlamb raises his sword over Vershye’s head with The_Yogs and Brennanaha watching helplessly. All of a sudden, a noise makes its way through the doors and everyone turns to stare at what it is. A man wrapped in robes with a conical hat covering his face steps into the room with the help of a staff.
    “Who are you,” shouts Moonlamb at the stranger. The stranger simply takes another step into the room. “Stay where you are,” he shouts again, when still the old man ignores him and keeps making his way slowly towards him. “I will kill this man if you take another step!” The staff utters one final ‘Thunk’, before all grows quiet.
    “Why do you have these men and woman at sword point,” the stranger with the hat asks politely, “When they are at a extreme disadvantage?”
    “That’s none of your business you fat pig,” Lamb shouts at him, then brings his sword up for the killing blow.
    “I beg to differ,” the man says. “I am not a pig.” He throws the staff faster than any eyes could follow and knocks Moonlamb off Vershye. He takes off his hat and bows. “I am most certainly a panda.”
    Moonlamb gets up, growling, “why you little… Zuper,” he says, turning to where ZuperCreeper was last. “Get th…” There was no one there, but then Lamb looked up and saw Zuper hanging by his legs from the ceiling, unconscious. He started to slowly back up to the door until something flashed by his ear and he felt something razor sharp against his neck. He gulped and held completely still as everyone gathered around him, except NcNavy who had been hanging this entire time and Zuper who was still unconscious on the ceiling. Brennanaha left the group and lowered NcNavy to the ground, where he then supported her and led them both into the group. She looked around and saw she, Vershye, Brennanaha, The_Yogs, Zuper, Moonlamb, the panda, and a Siberian tiger were all in the room. She sighed and leaned against Brennanaha for support.
    “Now,” Vershye said as he made eye contact with Moonlamb. “What were you doing here”?

7. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    Its been awhile, but here it is... one of the few remaining chapters in the story

Explaining and interest

“Well that was quiet a interesting discussion you had with him,” Brennanaha said quietly as he sipped his drink. Vershye, The_Yogs, the panda who said his name was Ngenarro, and himself were all standing in the meeting room in the underwater bunker in Doha.

Vershye replied, “It doesn’t take much to talk when you have a tiger pressing its claws against your neck. Still, why would he risk so much just to try and help his leader get one small item?”

Ngenarro now spoke, “If a leader told his men the plan, they would be able to change it to what they saw fit. I doubt their leader would have told them what was going on completely.” He sat back in his chair with his hat on his head tipping forward. “He still might not be telling us all he knows.”

“I believe he has given us a valued cache of info anyway,” Yogs chimed in as he finished his steak. “All we need to do now is worry about tracking down Major.” He pilled out a map of the entire land and pointed at a part that was deeply forested. “From what he told us about scenery, this seems to be the only spot with exact details of the layout.”

Brennanaha got up a stretched. “Well, while you were out the plan of attack, Ill go get all set…”

“Wait a sec,” Vershye said as he looked at Brennanaha. “Your going to go see NC aren’t you?”

“So what? She is m… I mean our prisoner. Maybe I’m just going to interrogate her again.”

“Let him go Versh,” Ngenarro said. “He needs to settle with his inner demons.”

“Hey, how you doing,” asked Brennanaha as he sat down on the edge of NCNavy’s bed.

“Ugh, I’ve been better,” NC replied as she sat up in her bed. She looked around and asked, “Where are we?”

“We are in the medical wing of the Doha C.C.C.” Brennan replied. “We released you from the room eighteen hours ago. You were put under sleeping influence 15 hours ago.” She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

“What about Major and the other two? Did they get away? I can barely remember anything…”

“Zuper commited a suicide in his cell, but he can respawn due to his special ability. We don’t know where he is, but we do have Moonlamb in captivity on the fourth floor. As for Major, no one has seen him since he left. We have all the outposts in the other towns looking out for him, but we haven’t had any sightings.” Brennanaha brought over a plate of food and set it on the bed.

“This is so messed up, I can’t believe he took the pearl from me. He had entrusted it to me.” NCNavy muttered as she ate the bread on her plate.

Brennanaha rubbed her back in comfort. “Its not your fault. He just wanted it back for his plan. It will never work though, since I stole five of the other pearls.”

“Are you serious Brennan! That’s going to make you such a huge target.” NC said after she drank her water, a flabbergasted expression on her face. “They will be after you like dogs on a bone now.”

“I don’t need to worry,” Brennan replied with a smirk, “I am well aware of all the guilds abilities”.

“So that’s the deal between NC and Brennan…” Vershye said as he leaned back and contemplated what he had just heard.

“Yep” Ngennaro said as he sipped his tea. “Quite unusual, yet also very smart. I give them credit for bypassing you guys with it for so long.” He got up and put on his hat. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a boat to catch.”

“Come back any time,” Yogs said as Ngennaro left. He now turned to Vershye and asked, “Now what are we going to do about NC and Brennan?”

ngennaro and melvin484 like this.
  8. hardknockz1

hardknockz1

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    hardknockz1
    Amazing! Please allow everyone to meet the same fate that "Sean Bean" meets in almost all his movies! Please and thank you!

9. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    More, please! :D

10. Sapkins

Sapkins

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Sapkins
    This is awesome :)

11. DoCharlieBrown

DoCharlieBrown

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    DoCharlieBrown
    just to say, this is one of the best books i've read!
    Keep up the hard work!!!

12. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    Been working on the cover for my book at school, think I might be able to transfer to my files tomorrow... Idk if its good enough, but its definitely a start

DoCharlieBrown and melvin484 like this.
  13. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    Story posting of the the cover of the book... might update later, might not. I would appreciate some feedback please
    IMDeity story 1 cover.jpg

Mightytitans likes this.
  14. SpacemanSpiff88

SpacemanSpiff88

• Diamond
    Good reading so far, interesting use of current and past players on the server. Feels a lil run together, rushed if you will, but easy to follow. Keep it up. :)