1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Takeo's Braindump

Discussion in 'Art of ImDeity: Kingdoms' started by KILL3RTACO, September 16, 2013.

1. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    Can be any shape, (perhaps enclose the arena with glass like DeityWar)
    There is not necessarily a max-height. Although, try to keep it below the default (256 I think it is)

Post updated with the above two "freedoms" added.

2. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    Sounds awesome! I'll get right to work!

3. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    What about teleportation pads using command blocks?

4. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    New Mechanic - Teleporters!

Click here to get to the map request post

Tallpines asked this and it gave me an idea. As most of my game mechanics will be features of popular multiplayer games such as Halo and CoD, I figured I would code this myself.

Halo has two way teleporters as well as one way teleporters. So why not include this in my little project of mine. All you need to do is include the source an destination. (more explanation below)

How teleporters will work
    It's pretty simple, when a player steps on a block, they get teleported to another block. It is your responsibility to designate these blocks so players will know that they are teleporters. You don't have to tell the player where it's going, but I sure as heck need to know :p be sure to put signs where they and let me know with landmarks.

What's the best way to tell you where they are?
    The best possible way of you telling me is by physically showing me, if possible. But since that's kind of unlikely, an aerial screen-cap of the map and circles/arrows drawn on it is also a very good way.

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  5. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    New Mechanic - GameTypes!

At the moment, this is pretty much just concept. But I'm sure it is possible, which is why I'm working to add it in.

What are GameTypes?
    As you know, DeityWar is a team-based game, it's a team vs team game. But not everyone likes teams, some prefer to be alone or against a lot of people by themselves. GameTypes are a way to fix this problem. As most of the base functionality of this plugin comes from Halo and Call of Duty, I have chosen a few GameTypes:

A few classics, such as
    • TDM
    • KOTH
    • FFA
    (have not considered CTF because if going to add it I need to think more about the gameplay, as it's Minecraft)

And a couple others:
    • Juggernaut
    • Infection
    • Hide and Seek
    If you have played Halo and/or Call of Duty (online or with friends), you may know about these. However, the gameplay may need modified due to restrictions for minecraft. I'll explain the gametypes below

TDM - Team Deathmatch is a team vs team situation. It's very simple, it's basically the same thing you play in DeityWar.

KOTH - King of the Hill is a gametype in which players fight for control of a 'hill'. They go near a hill and if it's uncontested they get points based on the time they are in the hill. Minecraft Restrictions - It may be hard to identify the boundaries of hill, this may be left to the discretion of the map maker.

FFA - Free for All is a gametype where no one is on a team. Basically, the same as TDM, without teams.

Juggernaut - This is a gametype in which only the juggernaut can get points. The juggernaut is usually more powerful than one player, and takes more than one person to take down. All players that are not the juggernaut are on the same team, and cannot damage each other. Their goal is to kill the juggernaut. The juggernaut gains points by killing other players

Infection - This is gametype that starts out kind of like juggernaut. One person starts out as a zombie, or 'infected' and the rest are 'survivors'. The survivors goal is to stay alive until the time runs out. When an infected kills a survivor, they become infected as well. The goal of the infected is to infect everyone, if they can do this, they win.

Hide and Seek - This gametype is similar to Infection. There are 'hiders' and 'seekers'. The hiders have a certain amount of time to hide (this is set in the gametype's options). During this time, the seeker(s) are all spawned in a certain area. Conventionally, this is an enclosed area and the seekers cannot see what the hiders are doing. When the time is up, the seekers are free to roam and find the hiders. Hiders have no weapons and no armor. Seekers have very powerful (possibly insta-kill) swords. There will be an option to disable the movement of hiders so they cannot run. (by default, they can)

A Few Things I Borrowed from Halo:
    • Automatic gametype/map compatibility
    • Playlists

How Can I Help?
    In each post of a new idea I have, I'm going to try to add a section like this. For this post, there are actually a few things you can do. For instance, if you can figure out a way to make another gametype not above (like CTF) to work, using only this plugin and not requiring a mod to be downloaded by the player, great! If you have an idea about options for a gametype, that's cool. Perhaps you want to make a gametype based off the ones above, that'd be neat. Maybe I'll I'll even include it as one of the gametypes that ships with the plugin.

Try to at least elaborate a little, I don't want to read a list of ideas I can't comprehend (this is mainly for implementing a new gametype)

Last edited: September 28, 2014
    Majora_Unmasked and ImDeity like this.
  6. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    I love you

EDIT: Can we make maps for these new game types?

MochaBean likes this.
  7. MochaBean

MochaBean

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    MochaBean
    I was just about to ask this myself. Can we? Can we? Or will maps be shared with regular war?

Tallpines likes this.
  8. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    <3 And yes, you just need to be sure to include all necessary information, this varies for each gametype. For maps however, this is usually just spawnpoints.

Again yes. If by 'regular war' you mean DeityWar, then no. This project of mine (will call it TacoWar for now) and DeityWar are two separate plugins.

Fun fact: I don't have the source code for DeityWar. Any functionality that is shared with the plugin is based of purely how I see it work and how I think it works. For instance, I may add the fireworks thing at the end of a match, but I don't know exactly how it was achieved.

melvin484 likes this.
  9. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    Ohhh, I have an idea for CTF! :D

So like, their will be small towers. On top will be those things (those things that the enderdragons use to get health) and when we hit it a firework will pop. We will receive a object (you decide) and you can't drop it. The only way for the enemy to get it is to kill the person, but if he kills the person with the flag a teammate can also pick it up. :)

10. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    But how is the flag 'captured'? And how will the person with the flag know where the base is/who has the flag?

Also, it'd be best that the player could drop it, to hand it to someone else.

melvin484 likes this.
  11. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    About how big should a Hide and Seek map be?

lukecraft01 likes this.
  12. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    Ah yes, that makes sense with the dropping. :)

Their will be towers, that have the flag. When you break the crystal, it gives you a object (like actually spawns it in your inv, thats possible right?)

Oh and the flag could be like a colored helmet or something to signify the team :D

And omg another edit haha

The base will have a bigger tower the ones with the flag, on each side of the map with a different color block signifying the base.

13. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    Big enough for hiding spaces, small enough to be able to find the hiders. Hide and Seek maps shouldn't have complicated hiding spots things like hiding behind paintings. Simple hiding spots will do, like under a bridge in that bridges map in DeityWar.

14. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    Is use of potion beacons allowed? (A blindness beacon) (You can get it in vanilla)

15. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    The helmet thing is nice, however only players that can see the flag holder will be able to know. Usually there is some global identifier, like a waypoint, so everyone knows where this person is.

My main concern about implementing CTF is the visibility of the player with the flag as well as the base. I feel that players should be able to know who has the flag (and where). And if they have the flag, where the base is. This is the same problem for KOTH, but I have a few ideas for it.

I've thought about using compasses and fireworks. For what, I don't know yet.
    If it's for aesthetics, make sure there aren't too many. If it's for the potion effect, these can be done via code. However, since this seems to be a map-specifc thing, go ahead (don't put too many, the game won't be fun with lag)

melvin484 likes this.
  16. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    I have a horrible computer that gets about 15 frames and I start to get a bit of lag with 20 or so Mortars (MCEDIT filter) So 5 - 10 wouldn't hurt

17. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    So hows the plugins coming? I have a map ready but I want to know if I have a warp that would work.
    Its a 3 by 3 square with 4 middle-outer blocks that represent where it warps too (It goes to a warp pad with the same design) And a pressure plate in the middle

18. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    Been working on GameTypes, development should hopefully speed up after that.

Perhaps a picture could help? And is the pressure plate for redstone use? (Teleporters don't need redstone, it's handled by the plugin)

19. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    (Don't mind the mobs)
    [​IMG]

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  20. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name: