1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky pistons

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Goloki, January 14, 2013.

1. Frenchy1

Frenchy1

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Frenchy1
    (I hope i won't get flamed by staff for this, I know that Deity has a lot of work)
    Would it just be possible to unlock Tier2?
    It seems like the requirements are set and done, so it would just take activating them in game/or just adding a line or two of code to the plugin no?
    Also seems like all of the future perks have already been decided (Now and then i see a staff post about "Deity will add this to Tier2 for the {x} class)
    Some of us have been waiting a very long time (patiently) for this! I joined a long time ago now, and we already had tier1 back then.

What do you think?

2. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    I don't know the current state of the classes plugin, but if Tier 2 was ready to be released, it would be released. In some cases, there are other bits and things that need to fall into place first. If the other classes can't have their tier 2 released, that would hold back craftsmen tier 2.

3. bangoskank13

bangoskank13

In-Game Name:
    bangoskank13

Sounds good, thanks for answering!

4. Technopickle

Technopickle

In-Game Name:
    Techno_Pickle
    i agree if these items are allowed only for high ranked players (that took a long time to get there rank) that means they are serious, no1 would do all that work just to greif. i support this idea

5. Frenchy1

Frenchy1

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Frenchy1
    Would it be possible to make an open post to players about this topic?
    So that people can voice their ideas and concerns about specific perks that each class would get?
    I feel like this would help the staff brainstorm <3

6. killer52698

killer52698

In-Game Name:
    killer52698
    I cant make a trap for my house :( I WANT STICKY PISTONS!

7. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Hopefully you don't mean for this trap to kill anyone, b/c you are not allowed to kill people outside of the designated pvp areas.

8. killer52698

killer52698

In-Game Name:
    killer52698
    No just to prevent someone from getting somewhere :p like my storage area

Fence + Pistons = Trol Wall Heh

9. erikhg7

erikhg7

i think craftsmen should be able to get permission from the town mayor to put pistons in or at least only put them on your own property

10. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I am glad to hear that. I heard bout many projects that deity is working on and I would like to get an update from time to time saying what he is working on and what will be implemented soon. What happened to the Imdeity newspaper or the announcements subforum?

11. Anari

Anari

A solution for lava would be to perhaps restrict it only to higher levels of craftsman AND only allow it to be placed in protected areas that you can place it (such as your own town/home, not just anywhere you want in the wild). As for Sticky pistons, I feel that the good of the creativity is worth the risk of some griefers, and using the class restrictions we can stop some players.

12. Izionn

Izionn

Thank you for this post. When I first came on the server I had so many great ideas to use sticky pistons, fire, and lava just for creative purposes. I have a huge infernal building I wanted to have lava in and I was a little discouraged that these things were turned off.

But at the same time it totally makes sense to keep them off. When people have access to these things without proper trust, things go way down hill.

If Diety plans on adding these features to the higher ranks of craftsmen then I am very excited for the new class to come out! Considering one of the requirements in the second rank of craftsman is to have two great constructions approved by the staff it seems as more of a way for dedicated players to show that they are trustworthy to the community and the staff.

This is fantastic. I had no idea Diety had plans to do this, and I am very happy he is considering it. Very glad I saw this thread, it's been very informative!

( Obviously I'm very late to this party, but hey, better late than never! :D )

13. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Because a couple posts had to be deleted by the same person, understand that sticky pistons will not just "be brought back." This post can be utilized by anyone else who didn't quite understand that sticky pistons are only going to be utilized later in the craftsman tree, but is specifically directed at the person who decided she/he/it needed to spam posts to get count up and not contribute to the thread.

14. I_Cant_Build_It

I_Cant_Build_It

ok i kinda sound like a noub but what do you guys mean by "craftsmen tree" and "higher rank"? is this the progression from like laborer on up or am i completely lost. it makes sense not to be open to everyone but what about opening it up to town plots that way only the people on that property could mess with it just an idea.

15. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    "Higher Rank" refers to the next possible rank after Laborer, though it has yet to be added. And anyone who wishes to be a craftsman can, as long as they meet the set prerequisites. As for "messing with others' plots", that would only be possible if that resident has their Edit permissions set to allow everyone in the town/kingdom/server.
    Don't worry about being "nooby", we understand you haven't been here long. Enjoy your stay! :)

16. I_Cant_Build_It

I_Cant_Build_It

17. Izionn

Izionn

Aaaah ok, well I am honestly just very excited to use sticky pistons on the server.

When I first got on I asked /h about it and they said we can't use them, so seeing that we could use them in the future does make me really excited.

I'll refrain from posting too much on the thread although :)

18. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Posts had to be deleted, therefore you can't see the posts that were made. If I were talking to you, your post would not be the one above mine ;)

19. Theblob01

Theblob01

The only problem with the penalty thing, is that they can't really do anything more than give you a permanent ban from the server

20. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    That's pretty serious...

Majora_Unmasked and RLindsey2 like this.