1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky pistons

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Goloki, January 14, 2013.

1. Goloki

Goloki

They should let the craftsman class be able to make and use sticky pistons, they are very very use-full and needed in this server, reasons are...

1) Sticky pistons are use-full to make hidden doors and traps.

2) Good to make working machines, such as automatic farms, (it is possible with pistons , but it easier to make it with sticky ones)

3) Are sometimes necessary to be able to cut off the powered Redstone for circuits.

4) People always find new things to make and having this block is vital for creativeness of various players.

If you think I´m right on this topic then i would like to have supporting votes on this idea, besides I doubt that players that have a class in this magnificent server would use this piston to do grieffing.

Thank you very much, and I will be looking forward to see what people have to say about this topic.

2. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    This was suggested many times, you should have search first. Sticky pistons are forbidden here because they can be used as griefing tool.

Sephronia likes this.
  3. Goloki

Goloki

Yes i have searched and i knew that but that's why i clarify only for craftsman class and classes are already members not just outside players and people who are in a class they surely want to have a clean server.

4. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    I saw too many banned class members to believe that nobody who has a class would abuse sticky pistons. However there might be one way to allow sticky pistons and other forbidden stuff like dispensers, lava or fire - to make placement more expensive than cost of possible grief.

Leviathan_Ziz, strydier and Nohats like this.
  5. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Well, if the great constructions part merged with sticky piston usage... I doubt very many of those people will grief with sticky pistons... So I suppose there could be a way around it, but I don't know if that is the plan/what the staff wants to do.

6. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    Or it was implemented that later on, the Higher ranking Craftsmen could place these, After they have done a ton of stuff to earn the rank. By then, anyone who has gone through all that steps to grief... They have issues.

7. Rihue

Rihue

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rihue
    I agree sticky pistons should only be used by lvl 3 or higher ( if it ever goes higher) craftsmen classes and should be quite a bit to place like redstone lamps are 25 so making sticky pistons like 30 or so would probably be a good idea

8. killer52698

killer52698

In-Game Name:
    killer52698
    I swear to many things are blocked. I know there's ways to get around griefing...

9. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    you mean 300, right?
    30 is dirty cheap.

Personally i would love to be able to put real fire into fireplaces, regardless if it costs 1000 or more dei.

Saint_Shadow, Technopickle and Nohats like this.
  10. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    Who is honestly going to spend the time, Money and effort ranking up, then 1000 dei, to grief with fire, and you can set it so that it does not spread, but stays lit on netherrack. I would also like fire, it would open opportunity for lots of builds.

BigDeer likes this.
  11. prwraith

prwraith

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    prwraith
    Look at it this way w/ sticky pistons locked behind 2 great constructions most people will never see them. And if they do it's already been fixed with town borders in other plugins, there's no reason it couldn't be carried over.

12. SpeedyGonzales9

SpeedyGonzales9

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SpeedyGonzales9
    Idk... Fire is pretty dangerous. One touch and you're burned, like a light switch being turned on after you're eyes just adapted to the darkness that surrounds you. In addition to the price, 1000 dei... ehh, a bit expensive no? Half way would sound more reasonable.

13. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    Hmm, yeah, someone else suggested the price. There is fire in some of the places at spawn though, like inside buildings, and you could walk into it too, only if you were stupid... but. So walking into the fire is not an issue, even though i think you were joking :p

Rihue and SpeedyGonzales9 like this.
  14. MrAH2010

MrAH2010

I agree if someone has been all that way then griefs they have problems. Also if your fire is in a fireplace how exactly do you fall in??
    You are supposed to earn the fun stuff to use.

15. bangoskank13

bangoskank13

In-Game Name:
    bangoskank13
    I agree with the folks saying that a few more kinds of placements should be allowed for higher ranked Craftsmen. I don't quite understand the reasoning behind not allowing us enchantment tables. Or burning Netherrack (at a cost, to help prevent griefing) for fireplaces if the server is set up for no fire spreading. I like to have a small lava pit in my home (kind of like at village blacksmiths, isolated to prevent falling in) to quickly dispose of unwanted blocks.

16. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    With free enchanting table placement, i would find mob spawner, make it into XP grinder, place enchanting table right beside and support it with as many bookcases as possible - then i could bring my 2 stacks of pickaxes, 3 stacks of swords, shovels and axes, and just sit there and enchant again and again like crazy.

Having just one enchanting table means it takes time to walk here and there to get XP and use them. Time that we are lazy to spend.

Do you remember when we were completely forbidden to obtain glowstone? And people were paying few hundred dei for one glowstone block? I do not care about price to place items that are now forbidden. I learned to use fire charges to light up fireplaces when building houses in capital and i would love to make fireplaces everywhere in main world with real fire, not with just jack-o-lanterns to mimic light and color, as i have to do now.

17. bangoskank13

bangoskank13

In-Game Name:
    bangoskank13
    I was talking about being able to place those things on plots that we have build permission on. I'd expect an enchant table to be rather expensive to place. I understand disabling tables in the mine world or the wild to prevent xp farming like you described, and definitely not fire, stickies, etc. because of griefing.

18. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    I think that the "more useful" things would be fire and sticky pistons... There is a place where we can go to enchant it's not like it's disabled. However, fire and sticky pistons two incredibly nice/useful things are disabled and I don't feel that they should be.

BarryX15 likes this.
  19. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    1. Fire spread is off, so the only "griefing" that can be done with fire is setting blocks under people on fire. Deity already has plans on allowing higher craftsmen the ability to place fire on netherrack.

2. Sticky pistons that aren't inside the same worldguard region as he blocks thry are trying to move, have no affect. So basically, pistons can't move/remove blocks from inside a region the piston is not in. Deity also has plans for sticky pistons to be added to higher craftsmen.

3. Lava is also planned for higher craftsmen.

When will Rank 2 of the classes be opened you ask? When Deity announces that they are being released.

20. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    Why does lava need to be allowed. I mean garbage disposal but you can do that with a whole in the ground... Idk I just think that there are so many bad things that can happen with lava and not enough good ones... Unless there was a serious penalty for lava griefing.