1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Stealing, Killing, and 'Griefing' - FTB

Discussion in 'FTB General Discussion' started by Mojinax, March 24, 2014.

1. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    Oh, so valid posts are fine.

2. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    That's the point yes? Since Veriity and their bunch play on ftb1.

3. Veriity

Veriity

In response to this lovely post... I brought on a team of my gamers (from my old server) and we're working through Magic Farm 2. I even got my husband to play. Lovely time, good builds.. and then we had some players from a defunkt server (lolnet) join us.

Since then, nothing but raiding, griefing and fighting. We need to take a break from the server for a day or two. I can't believe I'm this upset.. but my entire line of chests were destroyed.. and my house was blown up. What did I have? Dirt. Simple stone. Nothing major. The person is just obnoxious and rude. Even after a screen shot of the crime.. still denial. UGH!

Until this person moves on a bit.. we'll be waiting to return. Warding only works in small portions, because some players know how to use a glitch to get in. Other players have figured out how to duplicate items using a drawbridge. How do you combat that?

Trekar_Sil likes this.
  4. Micklen

Micklen

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Micklen
    Unfortunate circumstances, and I am sorry it happened. A lot of us had griefs occur on the FTB servers. It is set up with no Moderator protections; much like PVP, and as such there is little that can be done when this happens. Other than build again.
    I found the best thing to do is make a simple warded room in the overworld and place a book in it to a Mystcraft world you want to live in. Only allow those you trust into that world. This way you limit those who can affect your build.
    As for the warding; take a look at my post in this thread http://www.imdeity.com/threads/feed-the-beast-magic-farm-2-tutorials-tips-tricks.18468/page-2. It shows how to prevent someone from glitching up through the floor.
    For the duping, if someone has proof of it, (admission on screenshot, screenshot of the duping, etc.) please pass it along in a private convo with the Mods/Admins. We would want to investigate that.

Thank you and good luck!

Sephronia and Trekar_Sil like this.
  5. Veriity

Veriity

Micklen, I'll see what I can find. In the meantime, I'll take a day or two off and then come back. Frustrating, but I"m sure the tutorial will help :)

Trekar_Sil likes this.
  6. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    I had to take a few days off too. Eventually though, I had had enough of both the lag from corrupted chunks and repeated raiding and just hung it up. Hopefully you won't have to come to that conclusion.