1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Spider Eyes

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by SharpyArcher, February 9, 2016.

1. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    I need spider eyes for a potion shop, but the problem is, SPIDER EYES ARE REMOVED! I need to make negative effect potions, and the only way to get those is by getting spider eyes. Please add spider eyes so that my alchemy shop will flourish. Thank you.

2. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    Hi Sharpy,

Firstly, if you had done a quick search simply with 'spider eyes', you would have found THIS thread outlining the reasons why they are disabled.

Disabling Spider Eyes on the Main world was the easiest way to stop people from harassing and/or killing people with Splash Potions, mainly the Potions of Slowness, Potions of Harming and Potions of Poison. Disabling Gun Powder so as to no longer have Splash Potions would also mean disabling Fireworks.

As per the Unplaceable Blocks and Unusable Items page in the Guide, Spider Eyes are only enabled on the PvP world which makes sense.

Lastly, I'm sure you can find other potions to make your alchemy shop flourish, as per the handy graphic below (Minus the ones that need Spider Eyes)

[​IMG]
    Many thanks,
    Seph

Last edited: February 9, 2016
    Qazz, BarryX15 and asdfjkll2 like this.
  3. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    Not sure this will help. One of the specific potions I need is a potion of weakness for Villagers in my laboratory as well.

4. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    You have yet to give any good reasons, reasons that benefit the server as a whole, why Spider Eyes should be enabled on the server.

Many thanks,
    Seph

Qazz likes this.
  5. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    All right, here.
    1. Making Special PvP arenas with potion effects given to a combatant in /main
    2. Making Potions of Weakness, Harming, Poison, and Slowness, and INVISIBILITY
    3. Using potions of weakness to cure Zombie Villagers
    4. Using potion of Harming to heal undead pets (Skellies/Zombies)
    5. Using Invisibility to get past tons of monsters
    6. Mob display (Mob in cage, mob drops)
    There.
    Please Add Spider Eyes!

6. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    None of these are reasons that outweigh the overall potential for harassment/player killing posed by those potions.

1. Possibly a good idea, however the PvP areas on Main are currently up to Towns to buy & build. I'm not sure how much coding having those potions only enabled in the PvP areas would need. That's totally up to Deity.
    2. As I said in my first post, these can all be used for harassment/killing people, Invisibility included.
    3. Villagers, both zombified and non-zombified are not enabled?
    4. See reason 2.
    5. See reason 2.
    6. I'm not sure what you mean here. Nothing is stopping people from putting a Nametag on a mob and putting it on display.

Many thanks,
    Seph

Qazz likes this.
  7. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    I have seen many zombie villagers in my town. Also, Undead are healed by harming potions. Invisibility cannot be used to harm unless the player is in a PvP arena. Also, poison doesn't kill, slowness does almost nothing, and harming potions.... Okay I see your point there. But the rest are fine!

8. porterdog02

porterdog02

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    PorterYT
    Sharpe villagers are disabled and the mods don't want to deal with someone going ask then they comeback and somebody killed with plots.
    And I need some speed 2 splash I need like 16 if you may I'll pay 10 dei per.

9. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Zombie villagers do spawn, normal villagers are disabled.

Invisibility potions were the reason to disable all potions in creative world, because there were too many people abusing invisibility to annoy people who wanted to just build. Also, mobs still see you if you use invisibility.
    Poison does not kill, but lowers health to give more chance for harming potion that comes a second after.
    Slowness does almost nothing, so why do we need it?
    Weakness given to one combatant in PvP arena can be replaced by Strength given to the opposite combatant.
    And the rest... is allowed already.

Driver_X and Qazz like this.
  10. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    If you had a potion to cure a zombie villager it would instantly disappear as Villagers are disabled from spawning.

Qazz likes this.
  11. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    For some reason, I have an invisibility potion in the personal items chest in my office. Also I think that villagers make the game a lot more fun and need to be added. That will be my next suggestion. Thanks!

BarryX15 likes this.
  12. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    Villagers being enabled has been discussed in the past, and rejected. The reason being that their trading was too overpowered✖✖. We already have methods of obtaining the items that you can receive via trade with them such as glowstone and nether stars. Plus, they would only be added on the mining world, since they would have to be manually spawned in on the main world with structures being disabled.

Also, other players could potentially hoard all of the villagers spawned on the main server or kill all of them on the mining server. We've had issues in the past with excessive amounts of mobs in concentrated areas and this would only instigate that issue.

✖✖To add on to this, their trade is overpowered because you can trade a handful of low value items for emeralds, which are a huge part of our economy. Emeralds are rare, and because of their rarity, using them in the custom recipes that we currently have in place drives up the price of the items that are otherwise unobtainable, like it's supposed to be. If we made emeralds more easily obtainable the prices of all of these other items would tank and we'd have the issue that we were experiencing X months ago where the economy was suffering.

Last edited: February 9, 2016
    Blackesy and Sephronia like this.
  13. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    I stand corrected. I have never seen a Zombie Villager on the Main server.

Many thanks,
    Seph