1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Something for Craftsmen

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by mas_destruction, February 26, 2013.

1. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    The real reason is that they can grief - by taking blocks out of other peoples' plots or town plots in towns (at least I think that's how they'd be used for griefing)

2. lgzblitz

lgzblitz

In-Game Name:
    lgzblitz
    pistons have a set amount they can push (its like 11 blocks or so) so itd have to be from 1 plot to another,

3. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Yes, but who's to say that one can't just put it on the edge of their plot, and reach over and grab someone else's materials?

4. lgzblitz

lgzblitz

In-Game Name:
    lgzblitz
    ticket and enforce just like any grief then, not to mention something like that would be easy to enforce by knowing the direction pushed.

5. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I see what you're saying, but if the owner of the piston takes down the piston, they aren't really able to log that theft since the thief didn't directly steal it.

6. lgzblitz

lgzblitz

In-Game Name:
    lgzblitz
    there are s
    there are logs of that mate... unless im mistaken we do have logbook. an admin can see who does what in what chunk at what time

7. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Exactly. The stickypiston taking out someone's block isn't a person directly taking it.

8. lgzblitz

lgzblitz

In-Game Name:
    lgzblitz
    think your missing the point mate. it picks up the placement of the piston... also itd be within the plot owners boundaries...

9. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Eh. I'd rather not argue this anymore. Good luck getting this back.

10. papa49a

papa49a

• Diamond
    Frostx1 all pistons have been disabled in creative . They have blamed them for lag, the true big laggers are lava, and track for mine cars. also moving water. pistons will cause a lag pulse though if u activate more then a few at a time.

11. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    No, pistons were removed from creative because players are able to push/pull blocks outside of their plots with it. Not because of lag.

12. FrostX1

FrostX1

Yeah I just noticed the sticky pistons in my creative plot stopped working today. I am really peeved about this. I mean it was 3 pistons and 3 pieces of red stone and it just moved my hidden stair case. What was that going to lag? I honestly don't understand how people can use them for griefing, but what ever they can do what they need to. I will work with what I have until they decide on whether or not to let us have these back. Lava, and tracks I don't really use because of the fact I don't need them to move around my house. Lava I have only used once on a server a while back as a weapon because I was being chased but I don't see any other use for it besides that and water well I make a simple waterfall or water elevator and I'm done. Like I said I like having hidden places in my house.

If you can't build across the roads and in another persons plot then how in the heck do you take other peoples blocks with a sticky piston? That doesn't seem like a logical explanation.

13. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    You do realize there are blocks that make up the road right? The can use the pistons to remove them...

14. FrostX1

FrostX1

Yes I realize this. But seriously why would you steal blocks from the road if you are in CREATIVE mode. I don't see a point as to why you guys would disable all sticky pistons and not just ban the idiots that decide it is funny to do this kind of childish thing. I really don't see the logic behind this. And besides don't they need to claim a plot to be able to place things in the first place you you can tell who did it so again why not just ban them.

15. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Why do people grief at all? Because. We're not going to spend all our time flying around the 2000+ creative plots to make sure people aren't messing things up with pistons. So it's just being prevented from the beginning.

16. papa49a

papa49a

• Diamond
    the last server I was on made pistons explode if they pushed anything into another plot. Maybe this one could do the same. that would solve the problem.

17. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    So rather than including the pistons into the higher level craftsman classes, which has been planned and people have asked for, we should make them explode if they do something they aren't supposed to? That code would have to be custom as well, given that our ruleset is different, and would take more time than it will for classes to be released and be might spend some time being buggy/broken where people would complain that things aren't working perfectly. The current plan makes more sense, and would be much easier to do. As cool as it would be for a griefer to watch their pistons explode, it isn't going to reasonably solve the issue.

18. lgzblitz

lgzblitz

In-Game Name:
    lgzblitz
    what i dont quite understand is why sticky pistons are banned because of griefing yet normal pistons are no :X

19. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    That'd be purposeless. The person who's griefing with a sticky piston is likely trying to nab that material that they're stickying. By pushing it with a normal one, you're just putting it further out of your reach. X)

20. lgzblitz

lgzblitz

In-Game Name:
    lgzblitz
    who says u need to pull out... use cobble and a piston and push the block out