1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Something for Craftsmen

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by mas_destruction, February 26, 2013.

1. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    So, it's no secret that right now craftsmen are the least popular class. I know that with the redstone update they should regain a lot of popularity. But here is my suggestion. They get something at the very top of their class that is hard to obtain. I.E. Nobility can get towns and merchants can get shops. But what can craftsmen get? Right now there is nothing. I have no idea what would be a good idea for them to be able to get, but it needs something.

P.S. sorry if this thread was already posted. I used the search bar and couldn't find anything about it but I didn't really know what words to use. Sorry if this is a double post.

JeremyRecker and TiitanX like this.
  2. DaN_Th3_MaN

DaN_Th3_MaN

In-Game Name:
    DaN_Th3_MaN
    They have plans for some pretty cool perks for the craftsman class but god knows when they will actually implement it. Craftsmen also can generally place things that other classes can't such as water, redstone, elevator signs and light switches. So its not like the craftsmen don't get anything cool but I know what you mean, the other classes seem to have something really big such as being able to run a town or own a shop while the craftsmen can just place a few additional items. I would say the only really cool and useful perk for a craftsman is being able to place water, which makes building a lot easier and is a life saver if you ever come in contact with lava.

TiitanX likes this.
  3. MrGhoster

MrGhoster

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    MrGhoster
    Except placing an ice block and breaking it costs no money for anyone and does the same thing as a bucket of water. Also the redstone update won't have as big of an impact as you might think. Redstone was never too big a deal on this server, especially since large redstone creations can really lag the server. As it stands, craftmen are kind of a novelty class, instead of being the goto class for most players as I think it should be. But that's just my opinion. :)

4. DaN_Th3_MaN

DaN_Th3_MaN

In-Game Name:
    DaN_Th3_MaN
    Oh I didn't know that anyone can place ice blocks and create water. But it's pretty silly to have that water placing perk for craftsmen now -_-. Geez Ive been paying 10 dei to place each bucket of water like a chump, now im just gonna use ice.

5. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    I think that enchanting and repairing should be limited again to Craftsmen, along with a material cap like we had before. Enchants have become so cheap these days, which also makes things like silk touch for ice and glowstone to emerge, further blocking a craftman's special perks. Maybe some things like sticky pistons or dispensers, hoppers, things like that to be implemented for the next tiers, which apparently is still in progress.

I've worked on Great Constructions a ton, for a hope that it will pay off in the next tiers. So far, that hope isn't looking so good for me ;P

DunkMastaZ and shai12345 like this.
  6. Bluesyndicate

Bluesyndicate

In-Game Name:
    Bluesyndicate
    i just became a craftsman and i thinck we should have more things maybe

7. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    You read their posts, right? Deity is planning to implement something for the next tier of craftsmen.

8. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    I agree that craftsmen need more perks. Why would anyone pay 10 dei to place a bucket of water when you can buy 16 ice for 8 dei? Maybe get rid of the ability to silk touch on ice so that you have to place water bucket or something.

9. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Doing something like that would drastically affect the economy, given that there are many other things one can obtain with Silk touch. If Silk touch is gone, those are too. (unless they are put in the DeityShop, at which time they are more expensive than they are now.)

10. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    No, there is a way to disable Silk Touch for one type of block. I've seen it done on a Skyblock server that used grass blocks as currency from voting, and they disabled Silk Touch for only Grass blocks. I have no clue how, but I know that it is possible.

11. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    It wouldn't drastically affect the economy. The things such as ice and mycelium, grass, and ores would just rise to a higher price, but it'll be fine as the economy eases out and people start using water buckets for ice, stuff like that. There used to be very few silk touch blocks back in the day when enchanting was restricted, and the chance of getting a silk touch super slim. All there was, was 2000 dei diamond ore blocks, 200 per mycelium, things like that. Being craftsman was much more often, when lifts were a big thing, and placing water. I totally agree that something should be done with the craftmans' perks, one of them (idea), having enchanting be restricted again.

12. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Not being a craftsman, I don't entirely agree with the enchantments, but we'll see how things go.
    But for craftsman I'd like to see more craftbook features come back, such as light switches

13. MrGhoster

MrGhoster

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    MrGhoster
    The problem I see with this is that almost all of craftsman abilities are just restrictions being removed. Being able to enchant doesn't give us anything over what we already have. Add in the fact that in order to do anything good with enchanting you pretty much need a mob grinder or need to smelt a ton of materials, and you get something that most players will not be able to do. Craftsman should be the go to class for most people.

14. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    Of course. Most other classes won't agree with removing enchants, but it does balance things out. It takes a ton of work just to make 1 Great Construction, so I'm hoping that the next tier will be a bit more...strong?

I guess the Craftsman is just being able to do the most that you want. I was drawn to it, being a relatively new noob, not understanding towns, or having the problem of having to check everyday to refill my stocks in an shop, and to this day, I've stayed the same. I've staffed many towns, helped found many others, but I never wanted to mayor, or, more recently, to own a shop. Though, I'm pretty sure enchanting is a pretty big thing. If you removed enchanting completely for a day, everyone on the server would likely rage. They used to not have enchanting, but the luxury of being able to swim in lava, or fall 5 blocks without fall damage is priceless. (Well, it could be sold at a price...).

To be good with enchanting isn't really that hard. I can spend 1 hour to get completely to level 30, and sometimes even more. If you spend your whole day in the main world, then probably not. But, just mining a few stacks of coal and redstone can already raise the exp bar pretty high. Follow that up with a chance of finding enchanted books in dungeons, as well as smelting your materials after you come back from mining, it isn't really that hard to enchant as long as you know where to look, and if you're not lazy xD.

The thing is, the Craftsman class is definitely not the go to class for even a small population of players. They might be attracted to it at first, but as they play for 2 weeks or longer, they can see that ice is cheaper to buy and transport than water buckets, redstone is barely even used due to the restriction of sticky pistons, dispensers, and the costly amount of money it even takes to build a simple 1x1 piston door. Then they see the amazingness of owning a town (which they have not played long enough to know how hard it is) and/or owning a shop and being able to set up auctions every 24 hours.

15. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    Here's my thoughts
    On enchanting: it should be limited to craftsmen and/or nobility get enchants and 1/3 and merchants get 2/3 durability.
    On ice:why would we get rid of silk touch? That's moving the game back in time.
    I still think that the redwtone update will generate many more craftsmen around. There are too many enchants though and i think restricting durability would greatly improve the numbers.

16. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    Hoppers and redstone blocks should be craftsmen only. Sticky pistons and dispensers should be enabled and craftsmen only items. Also, items like trapped chests, and possibly brewing stands should be only for them. Of course the redstone comparator and the dropper will be for craftsmen. Daylight sensors also. Weighted pressure pads too. Activator is a must. (pretty much just typed as i read the change log lol)

So basically laborers in the next update would get: hoppers, redstone blocks, sticky pistons, dispensers, trapped chests, brewing stands (maybe), redstone comparator, dropper,daylight sensors, weighted pressure pads, and activators. That's a lot of pretty cool stuff, making laborer class a actually usable class. I see no point in limiting enchanting again... that's stupid. so what if enchants cost less. All i hear in this suggestions forum is how its a player based economy, so why limit it with limited enchanting... plus the fact that people would probably be like "screw this, lets go to another top 20 server that has full enchanting" .

17. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    People who wouldn't care would leave the server. The noobs in other terms. I think that all these points made are great and like I have said above a lot, the redstone update will draw attention to the class. But we are somewhat beside my point. We need something for the very top craftsmean like a town is for nobility or a shop is for merchants.

18. MrGhoster

MrGhoster

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    MrGhoster
    I've said it before, but I've been a Craftsman since I beta tested the class system and one of my main draws to the class was mcmmo. While that was removed, I am still hoping for some sort of implementation like that again.

RLindsey2 likes this.
  19. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    i believe the final tier of craftsmen should be able to remove a type of block from a certain radius with a maximum distance of 50 by 50 by 50 blocks

20. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    As in worldedit? Iunno that'd be a very efficient griefing tool

Rmarmorstein likes this.