1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Shop List/Prices

Discussion in 'Trade' started by Venithar, February 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venithar

Venithar

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Venithar
  2. jimmytightlips

jimmytightlips

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    jimmytightlips
    This is a really great tool to help people save some time. Awesome job!

3. aRuHZoNa

aRuHZoNa

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    aRuHZoNa
    I wanted this to happen for so long but I was too lazy to do it myself. Bravo

4. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Wow.. I was thinking of doing this, but it would be painful to keep the data updated with all the shops and lag I get there lol. Good Job! Problem is... vendors will be switching their prices more often with this data provided :p

5. Venithar

Venithar

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Venithar
    I don't see that as a problem, aside from the fact I will probably have to go through the shops again in a day or 2 to see what has changed. Nice thing is, with the list already created, at least I won't have to remake the entire thing each time, I can just modify each given item.

The_Yogs likes this.
  6. TiitanX

TiitanX

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    TiitanX
    I updated A LOT of my prices last night, particularly the sell prices(for Strydier!). Sorry for perfectly wrong timing! Also, you misspelled _martuss_(you said _martnusss_). Just trying to help out.

7. Venithar

Venithar

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Venithar
    No worries, already fixed both things :)

TiitanX likes this.
  8. TiitanX

TiitanX

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    TiitanX
    I had an idea or two. One idea is that you could give the owners of shops permissions on the doc. Then they could update their own prices(If someone does something like change other's prices their rights could be removed). If a shop owner felt uncomfortable sharing an e-mail, the could simply post on thi forum their updated prices(and delete them once the revision is done). Also, this would be a great thread to pin to the Trade Forum. Levi?

9. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    The only problem with giving the shop owners edit permissions is they then have access to the whole document, not just their shop section. So they could modify prices and even completely delete a rival shop owners listing.

Micklen likes this.
  10. aRuHZoNa

aRuHZoNa

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    aRuHZoNa
    I would be willing to pay a fee to be able to edit the document so I can add my enchantments, which is what I mainly sell. I think that if someone paid a fee to get access to the docs, they are less likely to delete someone else's or modify someone else's shop because they would risk losing the perms they paid for. Plus, we can keep another one that people can't access in the event that someone deletes all of the listings after paying.

Edit: I forgot to include, but only people that had shops could buy the access to the docs. Not just random people. I know it's obvious that people who didn't own a shop but wanted to buy the perms would just delete everything, but I just want to make sure everyone understands what I was trying to say.

judgeandjury likes this.
  11. TiitanX

TiitanX

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    TiitanX
    Well, thats where the magic of Google docs comes in. If someone does indeed do this, you can remove their permissions with two clicks, and with a couple more you can retrieve the previous list with Google Doc's "Auto-Save" feature. If you click on the "Last edited by [name] at [time]", it will give you the revision history, as well as previous saved versions of your document.

judgeandjury and Frenchy1 like this.
  12. Micklen

Micklen

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Micklen

Another option is to set up separate sheets for each shop. the onus would be on the shop owner to keep it updated. Then the master sheet would have this info copied into it and published by Venithar.

And thanks for this outstanding resource Venithar! Having a handy comparability tool like this should help even out the shop prices and save people's time answering questions of "which shop sells...?"

wilku90 and judgeandjury like this.
  13. BTFoverload

BTFoverload

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BTFoverload
    downloaded it to my computer and added a price per item column, just take the price and divide by how many items you stated, helps find the best deals

judgeandjury and TiitanX like this.
  14. TiitanX

TiitanX

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    TiitanX
    I like this idea, I don't have to do it manually! :D

15. Venithar

Venithar

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Venithar
    I'm not entirely against shop owners being able to edit the document other then I would have the same concern as Vershye mentioned. As far as BTF's comment in regards to additional features, as stated in my original post, there are some thing which I plan to add (as soon as I figure out google docs) such as a drop down list of each item to save search time. I'm not sure if that is possible with google docs or not, so we'll see how it goes.

16. aRuHZoNa

aRuHZoNa

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    aRuHZoNa
    Thanks for doing all of this. I think I can speak on behalf of everyone who cares about the mall that this is a great addition to the server and will benefit many people. Keep up the great work

17. Mr_Nickos_Jr

Mr_Nickos_Jr

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Mr_Nickos_Jr
    Got all stoked about KevTrain's Green 8 shop selling oak logs for 19.99 - but you got that wrong you have it listed twice once for 41.99 (the correct price) and 19.99 - he's selling oak wood for that not logs. Just FYI. I think you did the same w/ birch/redwood.

Anyways thanks for the doc :)

18. Venithar

Venithar

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Venithar
    I'm going back through the prices tonight, was fairly tired by the time I got to some of the shops, so some of them may be priced wrong (and some are priced wrong now with people changing prices to match), but I'll be sure to pay special attention to kevtrain's shop (not like it was fun pricing his anyway).

19. TiitanX

TiitanX

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    TiitanX
    Thanks for your hard work, and keep in mind the google docs auto-save/permissions(You can edit when you click on the "Share" button) features!

20. judgeandjury

judgeandjury

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    JUDGEandJURY
    Totally brilliant thanks so much it's going to be extremely useful tool especially when all the new shops are operational
    I've really enjoyed being a shop owner but its going to make it much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.