1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Say NO on map reset.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by jack1342, November 24, 2011.

1. Inrakis

Inrakis

In-Game Name:
    Inrakis
    I think it would be nice to reset. Maybe we could atleast have a set of diamond tools and a stack of food? I dunno why but trees with missing trunks in an eyesore. I think people should have to cut the whole tree down if they are going to kill it.

2. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    We haven't decided on that yet. We will make an announcement on all that weeks before we do the reset.

3. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Doubt that's related to tools lol. But those floating trees, i still got a holy war against those.

People on the internet are idiots:D, can't even appreciate a good clear sky because of those people.

Hotfries456 and tenro like this.
  4. Engine_Flames

Engine_Flames

In-Game Name:
    Engine_Flames
    I'd say yes to the map reset if i get to bring some items over to the new world, such as food, diamonds, gold, etc.

5. Matrix69

Matrix69

In-Game Name:
    Matrix69
    My idea for bringing things across from the old world to the new world. Not structures but Items.
    Make a huge chest world and everyone who has played in the past 2 months is assigned a chest. You store your stuff in there until the reset. Then, once the world is reset you can go back to that separate chest world and reclaim your items. It would take a long time but would be worth it.
    Second Idea: Everyone who owns a town gets 30,000 dei or so to create a new town in the next map. This would make it so that we have towns to be safe in for the first 2 weeks of the server.

6. Frenchy1

Frenchy1

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Frenchy1
    Honestly, Idk about giving town mayors money. Players maybe, but not towns. (Or at least not all the same amount)
    Our larger towns with 50-100 decently active members could make 25k in a Single day easily and purchase a town within 2hrs of map wipe (Cake method)
    A wipe is a wipe, if data is cleared, we must play this game "survival mode" and forge our new and improved cities/nations out of nothing.

However, I strongly believe that Dei should be kept for individuals.
    Why?
    1/ Because some people Donated and got this Dei as a result (Kind of weird to take back donation money)
    2/ Because many have worked hard for their Dei.
    3/ Because Dei is the base of economy, and a "Fresh" economy means that for the period of time that there will be very little Dei, so we will basically be playing as if we were under a "Market Crash"; as in ridiculous prices (positive or negative added values to any item) and this would lead to a period of time during which more experienced players could scam/steal from newer, younger or less experienced players.

We were discussing the situation with a couple of players and concluded that to our eyes, the best solution is to keep Dei for Donors. This would permit those who do -not- wish to lose their riches to have a possibility to keep them, and would generate money for the new equipment.

But in the end, whatever happens, this will only permit economic re-stabilisation for the server (In the long/very long run). Some of us have 10,000's of Dei in cash and items, and as much as I appreciate being able to purchase what I want when I want, I believe that this harms players with less funds. (Since some players can change the price of an item by purchasing the said item in mass, if they know how to do this correctly [Supply/Demand variables])

7. valdemarian

valdemarian

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    valdemarian
    Why can you not be honest with the kids, they will never grow up if you can't let them handle the truth for themselves.
    Ultimately you will end up with a community of mamma's boys.

Here we go kids, pay attention now for Val is about to make a rare but serious post;

• The map will be reset, compatibility build issues on map generation and the wild looking like a abandoned third world country hobo camp being main reasons. This is for the best, accept it.
    • User data such as Towny, McMMO and iEconomy can and should be carried over. Dependent on deity, he alone makes such decisions.
    • Player inventory or a chest full of items can also be carried over simply enough, there are plugins available but once again dependent on Deity.
    • Buildings that are worthy of moving can be moved, but it consumes a lot of administration resources, mostly time for each building has to be moved manually. Time that can be better spent on things like the development of a Towny plugin replacement and fixing issues with McMMO(Herbalism still down, ect. ect.) Expectations of having your house moved when it can be reconstructed within the hour is nonsensical. In my opinion only structures that might be considered for the "Great build" Class upgrade should be moved.

Kassial likes this.
  8. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    Impressive val.

However the "haven't decided on that yet" was referring to the question someone asked about money being transferred. We haven't decided to what extent money will be transferred as of now.

Will there be a reset of the map itself though? Absolutely.

9. zzcamelzz

zzcamelzz

In-Game Name:
    zZCamelZz
    i say no because i just spent 25k to make a town and i dont wanna lose it :(

10. Frenchy1

Frenchy1

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Frenchy1
    The boss just said it would happen,
    I don't think yes/no will do anything xD

11. joshbmxstar28

joshbmxstar28

In-Game Name:
    joshbmxstar28
    Yeah i definitely say yes to a map reset and for good reason cause it gets you back into the game and idea of survival will come back for once. Right now it just runs out of stuff to and build for reason and you can only admire things that were built. Besides the wild is filled up with many dead towns such as my town and to have it all cleaned will be better for everyone :D so yeaaahhh to a reset!

12. xKRUZRx

xKRUZRx

In-Game Name:
    EverythingIsBlu
    its going to happen so dont cry about it :)

13. Nick392

Nick392

In-Game Name:
    Nick392
    I'm mostly curious about the whole town situation.

14. GreyLlama

GreyLlama

In-Game Name:
    Fragger2554
    I say yes, Sure ill miss my house, but I can always build a new one.

15. StormDrake

StormDrake

In-Game Name:
    StormDrake
    Actualy i dont realy care about the reset anymore just do it already or not so i would have a reason to log back on :)

16. Dan28696

Dan28696

In-Game Name:
    Dan28696
    i would say yes but only if the wild was reset as it sad seeing amazing buildings half destoryed

17. xN0AHx

xN0AHx

In-Game Name:
    xN0AHx
    I wouldn't care if map resets if towns are carried over and most valuables like 1 chest full of items carries over or inventory and money that would be amazing.

18. elbattaftw

elbattaftw

In-Game Name:
    elbatta
    Out Of Concern will we lose our dei And Will the towns like [Town A] Be Built again for free?

Lev says: Don't mention towns outside of your town topics please.

19. scoutdog75

scoutdog75

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoutdog75
    Im all for it only if we can keep two chests worth of stuff, our stats, money, and hopefully key buildings in the town, if it isn't too hard.

20. magicon

magicon

In-Game Name:
    jojihekker
    We can not reset the map! That will be a catastrophe, because the thing all like the most in here is the creations we have made, and there's still a lot of places to build. Minecraft = time = Money, ehrm, forget the money. So when people have spent many hours online here and made something they really like, it's just sad to shut it all down and reset, really.