1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Say NO on map reset.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by jack1342, November 24, 2011.

1. jack1342

jack1342

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    jack1342
    If the map resets which is probably is everyone will lose all their creations.Like all the town owners that own like [Town A and Town B] will be so mad.If you worked days on a build to just have it wiped away what is the point of even playing minecraft.I understand the new map would be bigger but the map is big enough.It is big enough to get a ton of new towns.So I am asking for your opinion on the map reset.Please post your feedback on this topic.

2. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    I say... YES RESET THE MAP :)

The wild is full of abandoned houses, the world is full of things, we need a new map, to build new different things :)
    Its true its not good to have your statue wiped out, but its just a game, so i say yes reset the map :)

EDIT: Gramatical errors :lol:

3. jack1342

jack1342

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    jack1342
    I will say yes on the map reset but I hope you can carry some builds over but if not then I say no.

4. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    I say yes, i own one of the most active large towns myself, and i don't care, the server needs a fresh map bad. Aswell as all the corrupted data, towns with over 300 members, having less active members then a 5 player town? That's bad.

Pizzaly likes this.
  5. Green

Green

In-Game Name:
    bind3r
    Well if there way to get your own stuff as cobble,wood and other stuff then Yes , but if we will lose all our stuff then .. NO WAY! Omg i cant imagine how much will take to get everything what i ll need ... and again goo to mine ... mine stuff.. then it become not game but work ... you need Grind hour after hour to get stuff...
    Sry for new ppl ..

6. tenro

tenro

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tenro
    Levi is right. besides, part of the fun is building things, the map reset gives you a reason to rebuild (and improve). it would be nice to carry structures over but the bottom line is, too many towns with inactives, too many random structures in the wild. i would like to build a new town (starting somewhere in the wild) but there arent many places with enough open space because there are random structures around that i might get in trouble for destroying

7. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    Ok, I first hated the idea of a map reset. But now I am really looking forward to it. I started on this server with minecraft in the middle of this year and by now I learned a lot and got to know a lot of cool ppl here. So a new map gives me a forced make over because I probably would not leave my town behind but there is so much I could make better in a new one. :) So stay cool wait for any official announcements and don't fear something just because it will be different. :)

tenro likes this.
  8. eeg710

eeg710

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    eeg710
    I think I'm fine with a map reset, as long as we'd keep our money, MCMMO, class, inventory and maybe a double chest of stuff. Donators should also get to keep whatever's in their /chest.

Runningbare45 likes this.
  9. elwinh

elwinh

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    elwinh
    I say yes to a map reset. With or without the possibility to take items over. But is has to be soon. Almost no1 wants to start building new big things now they know the map is gonna be reset. Everyone is waiting. Waiting ppl will eventually move over to another server if they have to wait to long.

10. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Yea, that's my problem right now. I only really come on the server to hang out with my town members. I have 2 or 3 semi big projects that I have started, or am setting up outlines for, and I don't really have the drive to continue them due to the pending doom of the map reset.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the map reset, but I believe that there's a lot of us that feel this way. We just want to have a timeline of when to look forward to the reset so we're not just hanging around in limbo.

tenro likes this.
  11. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    A map reset will give new people a chance to make wonderful things! It isn't that bad, since a new map will also bring new ideas. Sometimes it's right to make change, even if you don't want to later on you will see it was the right choice.

12. Shoe1

Shoe1

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Shoe1
    I'm also looking forward to a new map. As long as we get to keep a couple things we've worked hard on, I'm sure moving to a new world won't be such a hassle.

13. RickyBobby

RickyBobby

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    xRickyBobbyx
    Looking forward to a fresh start =) Yes for me.

14. roaming

roaming

In-Game Name:
    Roaming
    Map reset probably won't get here quick enough for me. Once ToR is out I'll probably be crack playing it a lot and just hopping on MC for a little while every now and then. For it tho.

15. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    Sorry but it will happen, the whole of the main world, as well as others will be saved and moved "into the harddrive" and we will roll out a new map for you. We will give alot of notice for the members when we actually start to scheduled it. As for "losing all your builds" and all those other concerns let me refer my post for you:

I can understand the concern but there is still at the very least a month until the reset. Remember just because were on 1.0.0 doesnt mean that were ready for it. We need other things to be all working

16. hackrin

hackrin

In-Game Name:
    cocoa60
    They can reset the wild, Some say the wild is old, But it has 1.8 features like abandon shafts in it.

So it is possible to just reset the wild.

17. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Not sure how easy that would be, because as far as I know, the 'Wild' is just areas on the main world that are distant from the Capital city. So if my information is correct, the 'wild' isn't another map/world, it is the same as where the towns are located.

18. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    You're correct. Also, when we regenerate those areas now, Minecraft actually generates terrain that doesn't fit with the surroundings at all (as the world we're on was created before 1.8 and 1.8 introduced a whole new map generation algorithm).

This is actually one of the biggest reasons why even if we didn't want to reset the map, we would eventually be forced to do so -- the map generation code thats in 1.8 and onwards is not compatible with the map format used before.

tenro likes this.
  19. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    I say 'yesy' on map reset.

when i logged in one time after a long while of NOT playing, my house was grieved, and all my stuff taken. then after that i died. the town didnt exist anymore, so i couldnt go back to it. so all i have now is like 1k money and some food.

20. lailmage

lailmage

In-Game Name:
    lailmage
    if u want to make stuff then expand your town?
    just a suggestion
    yes to map reset