1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

RPG world (Closed)

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Leviathan_Ziz, June 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonSpirit117

DragonSpirit117

In-Game Name:
    DragonSpirit117
    Heh. thanks! i honestly only thought it would be around average... i see a few things i could revise....(sorry for long w8.)

2. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Well, religion can be a very big part of culture. In fact, the two are rarely ever separate.

3. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    True, but I want to keep religions like: Christianism, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Confusionism, Shintoism and even buddhism out.

I would have no problem with anchient faiths tough, but nothing that represents any modern-day around faiths.

4. DragonSpirit117

DragonSpirit117

In-Game Name:
    DragonSpirit117
    Confusionism? like confusion-ism? or did you mean Confucism? (somthin like that?) also, you are probably the first person ive ever seen who didnt say "Muslim" is the religeon, and "Islums" are the people.... there are some HUGE idiots at my school.

5. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    I can create some kind of gods for this world, and some sort of history to them

6. DragonSpirit117

DragonSpirit117

In-Game Name:
    DragonSpirit117
    lol we all do that in the contesst... but try to make a new religeon, not model it off of a real religion (except greek, roman, or Egyptian).. and ill know if you do. ive learned about all the main religions of the world.(not every single aspect, but a litle, enough to know its Baseline goal, function, and its followers reasons. so ill know.

7. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    I understand, I was just making a statement. And another point of fact is that the vast majority of those "rarely" moments are works of fiction. It is easy enough to create a culture with no religion, just a little more work needs to be done to explain how laws/morals are determined. If it is simply done by monarchy, a simple system of hierarchy needs to be made. I just make my comment so people can keep it in the backs of their heads.

8. DragonSpirit117

DragonSpirit117

In-Game Name:
    DragonSpirit117
    Well this RPG World is a Fiction on a Fiction. so we're covered :)

9. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    That's cool, I see where you were going, but I made it clear for all the readers, around 30-50 a day. I wanted to let the laws and morals be defined by race and by nation. The vikings should be warriors, with a high amount of courage, need to explore, and be the most aggresive, the aladarbi is who I wanted to be elves, so they should consider themselves and their areas as their true home, unfriendly to any unwelcome visitors, and the greatest traders of them all, etc etc.

SaintThunder likes this.
  10. Clyde

Clyde

In-Game Name:
    Master_Clyde
    hm but in deed he has a point
    what ever we do, MANY ppls rp will be based on existing religions and thereby others will be offended.

11. DragonSpirit117

DragonSpirit117

In-Game Name:
    DragonSpirit117
    hmm heres what i think: Vikings are huge on wealth. and they also love fighting. They will raid more than they mine. so they are, as you say, the most aggressive. most of their structures will be made from stone(no brick) and wood.this is the actual architecture. it should also be very snowy. They will often only welcome strangers if he looks like he can fight. i see tham as Warriors, Archers, ... basically they are very offence focused with a few defesive pple.

the Eldari,(Elves) i see as very Nature-binded people. they dont use planks. they would use actual wood. thats what i mean. and when you look at their houses, they could seem to be part of the trees(they should be in the forest.) they hate Foreigners, and will only welcome them if they have proven themselves. i see them mainly as Mages, Archers, and Rouges. *they try and use evrything in its natural states instead of manufacturing things from them*

Desert People: Very big traders. they own everything. the more foreign materials you display, the richer you are. they will probably have have most diverse houses. also, i see them as Priests, Archers, Engineers.(will add more here later)

Underground people?: this is a possibility. the majority of these people live underground. they are mainly focused on ores and stone of all kinds (like obsidian,Brick,Glow, ECT)
    i see them as Engineers, Warriors, and Rouges.)(more to be added later)

12. Clyde

Clyde

In-Game Name:
    Master_Clyde
    well, regarding viking architecture, at least in history was is rather made of woodlike materials that ships where built with, so wooden planks and alike or logs.

regarding the elves i see no reason why they should like to build like barbarians... they have a high culture, i can imagine glass and gems in their architecture

13. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    Also, the desert people houses would mostly be sandstone squared, but palaces and arenas(if they have any) would have domes, higly decorate walls, and use gold in the roofs

14. CheeseZhenshi

CheeseZhenshi

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    CheeseZhenshi
    I think we can enforce a building style, and possibly limit/grant resources, but that's as far as it goes economically because even the clans that aren't meant to be rich will attempt to and eventually be able to catch up with the others as well as clan that are rich could eventually squander their money. Like the vikings, it seems that no source of money has been given to them but we want them to be rich and constantly equipped to fight. I think we need to think more about the environment around the vikings and the elves, as it seems the desert people will have lots of ores but the others don't seem to have been given much source of money.
    P.S. I don't think the elves should use wood as their resource, because it would eventually mean an end to the natural forest look of their environment, so we would have to grant them something better than wood to keep the people in that faction happy and away from the wood.

15. Clyde

Clyde

In-Game Name:
    Master_Clyde
    well, now that you speak of it , they also can have like nomad tents,... both syles are valid in my opinion

well, my reply to those ppl, that don't get that they shal only use the trees form the treefarm and miningworld, would be a kick from faction since they don't get the idea of treehugging elves

16. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Hello everyone, as I will be going on a vacation this friday I will not be able to work on the RPG world for 3 weeks, perhaps I will take a notebook to work on it, but I won't be able to update anything here.

Please don't let this stop you from posting your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. After my holiday I will actively return on working on the concept again, as I have had a bit of a creative burn-out the past couple of weeks.

17. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    Yes, i don't know if you played it alredy (if you don't i higly recommend starting with Gothic 1), but in Gothic 3 the Hashishin (dominant ppl in the desert) DOES have nomad tents in their towns, togheter with sandstone buildings, they also are slave traders, wich is something that would be interesting in the RPG world

18. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    If you call a bunch of NPC's "owning" a bunch of NPC slaves interesting, I guess so. Adds an interesting dynamic to quest lines. I'd personally prefer avoiding Roman games slavery, but definitely avoid Western European slavery.

19. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Last release before I go on my holiday, the first four nations I made when I first made-up the idea.

Nations:

Regna Borealis (Kingdom of the North): A viking kingdom, strong warriors and sailors, their capital should be a sea capital. A mixture of Old Saxon, Viking(Mixed scandinavian, fairly Danishly dominated), Gaellic(Irish), and the old Anglo-saxon English. Their culture consisted of longhouses, longships, and long axes, aswell as long beards, and LONG drinking parties. Their ruler holds the titles: 'King of Regna Borealis' and 'Jarl of Sigr'

The Aladarb Sultanate: A tropical kingdom, existing out of a mixture between the moors(Iberian Peninsula), the Berber and Maghreb Arabic (Northern Africa), and the Turkish people(Suprise: They are from Turkey). Famous for their sand and sandstone structures, their sandy trade, their salty cowmeat, and their salt mines, did I mention salt(redstone) and sands yet? Their ruler holds the titles: 'Sultan of The Aldarb' and 'Emir of Tangeria'

The Qin Dynasty Empire: Also known as the Qin Empire. A mixture of primarily Chinese, Japanese, and Mongolian culture. Their outposts contain out of tents, while their cities are made out of a mixture of stone, wood, reeds, and sandstone, for their deserts. They build great builds, and their walls are made of a great design to prevent easy-TNT bombing. They have the only walls that need to be scaled with siege ladders, informations as these is to be found at the "Davy Jones Locker" location. Their ruler holds the titles: 'Emperor/Empress of the Qin-Union' King/Queen Qinzhao'

The Reconquista of Quito ( Will be changed thoroughly ) : A mixture of spanish, portugese, Native Americans(Both South and North America), Inuit (Native Canadians), and Siberians. They began their life as people who conquered the city of Quito back, from the Aldarb Sultanate, their cousins. After this, Conquistador L'eon decided to make this the capital of his new found Kingdom, naming it "The Reconquista" translated as "The re-conquering" in Spanish/Portugese. They build tents, and huts from animal hides in their outposts, and make cities out of white wool, stone, in a Mixture style of Iberian and Indian style. Their ruler holds the titles: 'Conquistador/Elder/Alpha of the Quito' and 'Chief of Quito'

Sources:

http://archaeology.about.com/od/vikings/qt/viking_social_structure.htm
    http://www.yorku.ca/inpar/language/English-Old_Norse.pdf
    http://www.rialian.com/elven-language.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin_Shi_Huang
    http://unegawaya.blogspot.com/2008/09/name-of-wolf-in-different-north.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_monarchs#Qin_Dynasty
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin_Shi_Huang
    http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vierdaagse_Zeeslag
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking

ngennaro likes this.
  20. bmoc_jr

bmoc_jr

In-Game Name:
    bmoc_jr
    Sounds great and fully support the cultures and build design. Sounds natural to regions and to the cultures they are based off of. :):):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.