1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

RPG world (Closed)

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Leviathan_Ziz, June 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonSpirit117

DragonSpirit117

In-Game Name:
    DragonSpirit117
    if you want i can change it... i just heard that ImDeity was supposed to be the bad guy as said by you in an earlier post... i think....

2. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    No need, the parts that I might be using will be changed anyway, in the end I will have to run trough all the lore/mythology/faction-descriptions again and see what needs to be changed.

3. Clyde

Clyde

In-Game Name:
    Master_Clyde

Please leave the classes as they are for the RPG World as well.
    The stupidity of other servers that i have to decide if i want to use a bow or a sword,... or if i want to be able to use buckets or be able to fight and alike is the reason why i did join this server

If you feel you HAVE to change the classes, take care not to remove stuff that one can do in MC vanilla and MCmmo, just improve leveling of some abilities maybe

P.s.
    i do have an idea for a faction,... is the proposal stuff still open?

4. rileybadman

rileybadman

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    RileyBachelor
    god i love this idea is this actually going to happen tho?
    lol

5. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    If it gets enough support. And if the idea is thoroughly worked trough.

My idea of classes is specialization, not disallowing people to use all weapons they want. The proposal competition is still running, just for a few more days, haven't gotten that much, even if this thread has been viewed over 1300 times:(.

6. Clyde

Clyde

In-Game Name:
    Master_Clyde
    Perfect, i already feared you would do it as tighpantish as all the other roleplay servers... and thereby you WOULD not have been different at all... but your way is WAY more awsome...

now may i suggest, dk if you already thought about it...
    the main server has the 3 classes... how about making the rpg classes in parallel... so that one could be.... lets say

craftsman + mage
    or
    noble + worrior ...
    or whatever...

that way there would be a greater variation and individualasation, while ppl could continue in the path they take on the main server

regarding proposal....
    i'll write one... have one in mind already...

7. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Tbh, what would've stopped an archer in the medieval times to pick up a lane of a fallen knight? Absolutely nothing, apart from the rules of combat of that time and his strength ofcourse ;).

8. Clyde

Clyde

In-Game Name:
    Master_Clyde
    Btw, when will we know if our proposals have been accepted and what other factions and races there will be?

9. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Well, for the faction that I had people sent proposals for, I made a contest, the best will get 1250 d or something like that. Should get to updating this thread soon though.

10. DragonSpirit117

DragonSpirit117

In-Game Name:
    DragonSpirit117
    the whole point for my idea was to help pple learn how to teamwork, which i have never seen before. even in faction wars.

11. DragonSpirit117

DragonSpirit117

In-Game Name:
    DragonSpirit117
    oh thats cool! tell me the ethnicity for all the factions so i can make stories/Histories for all of them!! and also, when the server goes up, i have an awesome idea For the Evil Boss Castle(where you confront... IMDEITY (DUN DUN DUUUN!) ) . it will be in the Nether (or whichever one has the fire everywhere) I would need lots of Obsidian or Netherbrick (whichever is easier to acquire.) lots of Glass and Lava buckets. PS: I hope you have the flying mod open, cus i will need it.....

12. Clyde

Clyde

In-Game Name:
    Master_Clyde
    erm,... i doubt that ppl want their history be written by someone else, in fact that has already been part of the proposals.
    no offense

13. CheeseZhenshi

CheeseZhenshi

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    CheeseZhenshi
    In the land of [World Name Here] four different factions have long since ruled, each having a sort of peace treaty with the others. Minor skirmishes would occur along borders, but all in all they cooperated to coexist in relative partnership, even trading amongst each other in a treaty-sanctioned city. This has lasted throughout the rise and fall of many rulers of each faction, with each ruler putting up with the rest. However, new adventurers have been coming over, creating their own factions. These new factions cared not for treaties or peace, only for world domination! In the beginning, each of the four indigenous factions fought against the others as one. Unfortunately the leaders of these four factions had weak hearts, and began to wonder, "Why should I not rule the world for myself?" The vikings broke their treaties first, beginning open attack on not only the newer factions but the three with which it had allied with as well. Quickly the elves launched a counter-attack, expecting backup from the other two only to be stabbed in the back. In all of their fighting the four Factions forgot to worship their God, ImDeity, and angered him also with their blatant disregard for honour and loyalty. As such this God Came down to strike lightning upon the factions, new and old. Now, every faction fights for their own conquest, seeking to defeat not only each other but also their God ImDeity. Will any succeed, or will all be wiped out by an angered God? Pick your favorite and join a faction to see for yourself!

My attempt at a possible backstory. If you like it I can make it more detailed, I just didn't want to pour work in if it wasn't going to be used. ^-^

14. Clyde

Clyde

In-Game Name:
    Master_Clyde
    just a tought as experience from other rpg games.... an equal number of big factions is not good. It results in stability too easily and that stops interesting faction interactions very quickly
    three big factions would be good,.... 5 do it as well

and regarding the post above, nice idea, but i am not worshiping an admin .... (moreover with the server standing in the us i am shure that would brake a dozen of laws) ... but why not have several gods... and those characters being used by the admins, and thereby these god characters having influence on the world
    on the other hand this will concentrate the power onto the mayor factions again wich will be bad for faction interactions again

15. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Ummm, part of the Bill of Rights, the first Amendment of the Constitution, "Freedom of Religion." Worship whoever you want, as long as no practices violate national/state/international laws you are all set.

I think Deity should write his own backstory for this idea. It's him, his character, his role... his backstory.

16. CheeseZhenshi

CheeseZhenshi

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    CheeseZhenshi
    It would be inside of an RPG setting, so freedom of religion plays no part. That'd be like telling a church to let you join their religion but worship another god because you have freedom of religion. o_O Besides, you wouldn't be worshiping him. The whole reason he's angry, in what I wrote atleast, is because people stopped worshiping him. Perhaps if we do it this way then factions could choose to offer up certain amounts of goods every so often to be spared the wrath of ImDeity. As far as multiple gods, I was just trying to work with what I'd seen suggested so far, so I didn't even think of that.
    Yeah, it would be great if Diety would write his own back story, but he doesn't seem to be very on-board with the idea of this so far, so I made something up. This was eant more as a brief history of the factions and why they're fighting. I purposely made Deity's part fairly irrelevant, so that even if it were taken out the rest of the story would still work fine. ^^ There's plenty of room for him to change it any time he wants to.
    Thank you for the criticism, I was just trying to offer up another possibility. Each time gets it closer to what we want ^^

17. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Well, being the owner of the server, Deity has to be careful what he comments on, and in some cases how those comments are read. If he were to post in this thread that he likes the idea, I'm not sure how much time he would be able to devote to it, at least at this time, and quite a lot of people would interpret that as "it's definitely going to happen," which wouldn't have been what he said.

The idea for the factions needs to be smoothed out before Deity can give a go or no go, which is what we are doing, and backstory gives us something to work with, but I am looking at this as if I was in Deity's spot. Would I want other people writing my story telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing in this idea/server? I don't know that much about Deity, and I don't know how much of an RPG fan he is, but if he is a fan, I'm guessing he would much more like to do his own thing, rather than have a set role to perform. You know, considering he may not have as much time to give to the rig server, should it launch.

I know it looks like I'm bringing people down, but that isn't my intention. I'm just expressing a concern that maybe this is a piece we either don't need to focus on or shouldn't focus on.

18. Clyde

Clyde

In-Game Name:
    Master_Clyde
    well, anyhow a one person god class would be boring
    would kill rp very quick
    if so we need several ones (uneven number > 1) with contradicting interests

19. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    I'd prefer to keep ANY religion out of this, most definetly real-life ones, as they merely cause problems. This is the reason why most symbolism and religious references are forbidden on the server, or atleast disencouraged greatly.

20. DragonSpirit117

DragonSpirit117

In-Game Name:
    DragonSpirit117
    Where in the world did the religions pop in? its supposed to be CULTURAL differences!!!!!!

Leviathan_Ziz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.