1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

RPG world (Closed)

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Leviathan_Ziz, June 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Hello ImDeity community stuff people,

Vacation from 06/07 till 27/07 : No online updates, contest results post-poned till I return, also a bit to few ideas sent in, hoping to see more.

Im currently working on a cool concept for a RPG/PVP , town-based world. Im using historical content mixed in with some more-used rpg concepts. This concept might not ever be used, however with enough support, and enough work, it might be. That is my goal.
    It fits in with the current flow of multi-worlding, aswell as broadening our server's spectrum.

I am wondering how many people are intrested. I will release some of my first notes if enough people seem to care. Drop a reply, add some tips, ideas, anything.

The basic idea:
    4 factions preferably run by staff members, a realm special for the pvp freaks and the raiders, and a free amount of factions run by players.

The goal:
    The goal of the server is to dominate the world with your faction, or under a great leader upon you would bestow your trust. People will have to use both diplomacy and war to reach their goal, and will be merely stopped by the four factions, the "natives" of the land, that will protect it at all costs, aswell as their competetors, that will try to take their cities and lands, and go for the throne of the "Forgotten World" just as much as they do!

Rulers:
    People will be allowed to decide who rules them, I plan for the native factions to be led by staff members, who will guide the game into something cool, and will choose to conquer, make peace, trade and other actions. They will try to cut down factions that are growing in power, try to get people to their side. The other rules will be determined by whatever people choose, they can choose to join an existing faction, or start one on their own.

Tasks:
    The rulers of the native factions will bestow tasks upon their loyal minions, and upon each other, to guide the game. Tasks like: Marshall of the armies, city planner, treasury holder. Non-native factions will do so too, however they are free to also take some of these actions on themselves.

Ranks:
    With a task comes a rank, there will be people that lead cities. One thing I will reveal, the city rulers will be called: Jarl, Emir, Zheng, Chief .

PvP, sieges:
    The pvp part will be focused around loose pvp, or "battles" and sieges. The staff will have no involvement in these fights, unless they are leading their faction into battle. People need to declare war on each other, in order to be allowed to start any fights, and people will need to announce sieges, 24 hours in advance, so people can organize themselves. Sieges will not be directly implemented. Or at all.

Trade, currencies, items:
    Trade will also be a large part of the game, the map will basicly exist out of the 4 faction grounds, each with a specific biome depending on their cultural origin. People will have to walk to different cities with their wares, and will pay, and be payed without a money plugin, but with actual items. This is where redstone recieves a new use in my scheme, it will be trade-able for gold, or for items. People can still hoard items, yet they can also spend it on their cities, which will allow them to make the city more safer, or nicer. Hoarding is not something you want to have done whenever your being raided by an unstoppable force.

Cities, building:
    The four native factions will be allowed to settle new cities, but are restricted to their cultural building styles.

Whitelist: Most likely.

Tips: There will be a place, or a few places that hold information that can help any faction. These places should be updated from time to time to even hold information about the non-natives.

I am currently writing some lore for this world, and here's a small part to look forward to the rest:

Here, at 'the Rock of the World', the four leaders of these magnificent nations decided that there should be peace, for atleast untill they would all had passed. So it happend that there was a long period of peace, untill the day that Niels Godfried passed away. That day his succesor Ragnar Godfried came to the throne, at first there were some struggles between Ragnar, Antonius and Qin Shi and Mahigan. Though peace remained. It lasted another 555 years, though it was in this year, at the Great Feast, that something disturbed this, world without wars. In the year 1666, on the ships that were chosen to hold the Feast that year, that the Evil Entity ImDeity decided to disturb their relations, he sent forth one of his sons, a chosen one of the darkness, also bearing the title "ImDeity", for they who spawn out of the dark, are dark themselves. Though, his actual name was Promethion, a strange name for a creature of the dark, but he had not always been a son of the dark...

New release (13/6):

Promethion managed to recruit a fleet from pirates across the shores of the world refered to as the "Main world" , the largest gathering of many different kinds of people. He set sail, telling the target of the mission was just simple contraband exchange, at the capital of the Main world, the capital's name was capital, for it was the biggest city in the entire world, and it the worlds very center. It is here, that Promethion, with energy binded in dark gems, also refered to as "dark soul gems", tore a rift in the capital's time-space structure, these gems were supposed to have held energy from dark souls, or tainted energy from neutral/light souls. In a sea of red salt, also refered to as "redstone" or "redstone dust", which was flowing from a source under the capital, the ship fell into a different world, the air, the sun, the moon, it was all strange. The crewmembers of the ship never stopped swearing, but once Promethion had slit the troath of a crew member without moving him, and used his soul's energy to disturb the dark energy he had released, and thereby increasing the size of the rift...the crew, petrified as they were stood there for a while, realising they had nothing to do, but to sail the ship and hope for the best.

Gr Levi.

Ps: I’m planning to make alot of changes based on your suggestions. I’m not completely satisfied with 2 of the factions I intended yet. The whole idea might be too much focused on pvp, and might depend to much of the average player, which is often a rather immature young player.

First faction release:
    Latest releases: Current faction capitals

The Aladarb Sultanate: A desert kingdom, existing out of mixture between moors (Iberian Peninsula), Berber arabic, Maghreb arabic, they are elvish of origin. This elven people have lived in their secluded desert for long, but welcomed the other inhabitants of the "Forgotten World". Amongst the natives, they hate the newcomers the most. Famed for their sand and sandstone structures, their sandy trade, their salt-coloured sheep, their salty cowmeat, their salty salt mines, did I mention salt and sand yet? They are ruled by a Sultan, the last sultan was known as Sultan Al-Alaouite. Their ruler holds the titles: 'Sultan of The Aladarb' and 'Emir of Tangeria'
    Tangeria is the name of the capital of the Aladarb Sultanate.

Looking for a lore writer with knowledge of the arabic culture, language and history.
    Send me a conversation with:

1: IGN
    2: What do you know about the arabic world?
    3: Write a short fantasy story.
    4: Any extra notes/ideas on the RPG world.

2. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Latest releases: The First faction + Current faction capitals

The Aladarb Sultanate: A desert kingdom, existing out of mixture between moors (Iberian Peninsula), Berber arabic, Maghreb arabic, they are elvish of origin. This elven people have lived in their secluded desert for long, but welcomed the other inhabitants of the "Forgotten World". Amongst the natives, they hate the newcomers the most. Famed for their sand and sandstone structures, their sandy trade, their salt-coloured sheep, their salty cowmeat, their salty salt mines, did I mention salt and sand yet? They are ruled by a Sultan, the last sultan was known as Sultan Al-Alaouite. Their ruler holds the titles: 'Sultan of The Aladarb' and 'Emir of Tangeria'
    Tangeria is the name of the capital of the Aladarb Sultanate.

Looking for a lore writer with knowledge of the arabic culture, language and history.
    Send me a conversation with:

1: IGN
    2: What do you know about the arabic world?
    3: Write a short fantasy story.
    4: Any extra notes/ideas on the RPG world.

Tangeria (Hasn't changed yet)
    Sigr - Old norse for 'Victory'
    Qinzhao - Mixture of Qin and Zhao: First and somethingest dynasty of china.
    Inkutitut- Language of the Inuit

Contest: Create your own faction
    As Im currently not at all satisfied by one of the factions, I would like to make a change, I want you, the people of ImDeity:Kingdoms to help this idea skyrocket itself.

Your assignment: Create a faction, containing the following elements:

It has to be a mixture of native americans (North and/or South) and the Colonists/Conquistadors, perhaps even a mixture of the homelands of the Colonists/Conquistadors.
    You will add a description of the building style, including materials, that this native faction uses.
    You add in a small piece of lore, which will include the origin of it's name, the origin of the titles used for city-rulers and the king/sultan/whatever the ruler will be called.
    You will be creative, and make a piece of art, it doesn't have to be big, but it has to be beautifull.

Send me a conversation, with the title "Create your own faction: <Your IGN here>"

After a week, I will select the winner, which I will personally award 1250d.

Good luck.

3. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    I don't have much to add Levi lol. I like the general idea you have so far. If I think of something, I shall post it here.

4. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Alright, that seems good. I will return to the lore writing. If 20 people reply here I will drop my current ideas for the 4 factions :).

5. Cantwait2bhome

Cantwait2bhome

In-Game Name:
    cantwait2bhome
    I don't have much to add either, but I would like to ask what the main differences there are between this and the current factions world? I mean, some of your suggestions are quite obviously different, but fundamentally, it still seems similar in that you have a faction and you try to take over the others. Of course, this might fall on that point where you said it may be too PVP focused...also, I may not be the best judge of this as I haven't really used the PVP server yet...:oops:

At any rate, you definitely caught my attention with the word RPG in the title. The trading with other towns and sieges give it a really strategic feel to me. Like, it almost sounds like an RTS in my head, except for that you're one of the little troops running around instead of the god-like player controlling things. Is that absurd for me to think of it in that way...? Lol.

6. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    From the sound of it, I would enjoy this idea a lot. I am still a little unsure of the role of the four native factions, though.

7. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    That's also what Deity said, that the differences between the current pvp server, and this is rather small. However I do plan to guide it more into RPG, or on "focused RPG-style combat". If I release the lore Im still writing on it will be it will be more clear. Aswell as the 4 factions idea ;).

RTS does sound like what I intended, I guess you can call the concept a 1th person RTS.

The four factions will basicly be the establishment, and the goal of the player is to fight the power.

8. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Okay. So I think a good way for this to work is establish the four factions by invitation only. These people are the power you must fight. As a result, they have the best gear in the game. Everyone else can start off and go through a series of quests to get weapons, armor, money, etc. If there is a way to disable mob exp and have it so you gain it only through doing quests, that would be interesting. Might mess up enchanting, though. Once these people reach the end of the "starter quest series," they will be fully equipped with leather armor and a stone sword, at the very least. From there, they can join or create a faction. Once in a faction, you gain access to higher level quests with better loot drops, and the ability to fight the power.

So basically I think there should be a good amount of NPC quests to go along with this.

Cathal likes this.
  9. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    I like the invitation only idea, as I would suspect most non-native factions to be somewhat chaotic, the established order should be less so :).
    I think enchanting should be left out, combat should take longer, and be more about strategy then pure hack and slash super weapon fights.
    I do not know about the quests though, probably less than there are intended for the new spawn, but still plenty.

Also note: I think mcmmo, or another skills plugin should be added too, it's what people seek in RPG's aswell.

10. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    Before anything, this is a great idea, i was thinking the world could be a single continent, there would be mountainous areas, deserts, jungles, forests, a transition and "real possition" between the biomes (in vanilla game, you can find a Taiga, then after it, a smal desert, and bordering both, a jungle, wich quite irrealistic), also, some aspects from games like Civilization V, Total War games, Age of Empires.

Also, the map could have ruins in some areas (long falled civilization of the old world) with hidden treasures, like gold, diamonds, maps of the area maybe, information about natives and non-natives, etc

This is my idea, but whatever, an RPG-PVP world would be awesome

Leviathan_Ziz likes this.
  11. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    It would be nice if every faction has the same enemy one time.
    Like they all fight against NPCs, haha but I think that is quite impossible to make? Just like fighting against mobs but then against human NPCs.. ;)

Nice idea, although I prolly won't participate!

12. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    The native factions will not exist out of NPC's, they will be players aswell.

13. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    I just said that it would be nice if that could be implented, I got the idea that those will be players. Don't take me for stupid.. :p

Leviathan_Ziz likes this.
  14. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    Like Raiders or Bandits?

15. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    I like the idea and you know about my RPG background. :p I will try to let you participate from my RPG past and present as much as I can and you want. :D Keep it up, that is a cool concept. Also count on me whenever you need lore writing. ;)

Though: Magic is a part that belongs to RPG and enchantment should be added somehow. Perhaps just as a reward for quest-like stuff or such to keep them limited, but somehow.

Do not ask me now, I should be in bet already... :p

Moiriana likes this.
  16. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    Oh, i just had another idea, why not have "man made biomes" like, rocky desert (sandstone desert), rocky desert mountain (sandstone mountains), tropical islands (with jungle trees with leaves cut off to make a palm maybe?), and having "Wonders" in the world (El Dorado, The Great Mesa, etc)

17. StormDrake

StormDrake

In-Game Name:
    StormDrake
    This seem like the Best idea i have read on the forum :)

18. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    *Bed.

VanZeben was just reading it, and calling "Promethian" , nobody knew who he ment, untill I realized that name is in the lore I just put there ;)...
    More updates coming sunday, after sunday, it should take atleast 14 days, as I will be on a holiday + re-do.

Bilko likes this.
  19. Bren_WOLF_Man

Bren_WOLF_Man

In-Game Name:
    Bren_wolf_Man
    Sounds like a great idea Leviathan.
    I'm In.
    Yeah

20. Leoj542

Leoj542

In-Game Name:
    Leoj542