1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Request to fix older war maps

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Fiver26, June 15, 2014.

?

Fix the Old War Map Spawns

1. Agreed

100.0%
  2. Disagree (comment with why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    Let me start off by saying i dont know if this is in the right section or not, if not please move accordingly if you dont mind.

Title says it all, this is a formal(ish) request to fix the old war maps, the ones that let people do the most horrific type of spawn camp, standing below the tube so you kill opponents as they spawn. I know this happens because I just got out of a war where this happened and nothing was done because apparently that is just frowned upon, even though they were literally starting to be able to climb the water into the physical tube, killing us before we even hit the ground (they were doing that before they started climbing, but still). All I'm asking is that this gets fixed, make it like the newer maps so that there are double blocks around the spawn so you cant get near it or something, just fix them so that this type doesn't keep happening! Please? I know there are people out there sick of this, time to speak up! So, whose with me on this?

*edit* i noticed this existed http://imdeity.com/threads/war-spawn-killers.18479/ but nothing has been done with it sense april, and things obviously have changed for new maps, but not the older ones, so yeah

Last edited: June 15, 2014
  2. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    Viva la resistance! Viva la resistance!

3. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe invisible ladders and vines stop arrows. You could SPAM string all over inside a box of invisible ladders to stop swords

4. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    Well that would stop the from getting you in the spawn box, (physically) yet last I checked arrows go through vines and such. Also would not stop them from killing you the second you dropped down

5. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    Spawn camping is annoying. I always tried to prevent my team from spawncamping during the time when I enjoyed war. However, as the staff doesn't think it's a problem, deal with it. Don't let yourself get spawncamped. Unless your whole team is AFK, you should be able to take out the spawncampers via a coordinated effort.

6. SweetMaple

SweetMaple

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SweetMaple
    It has always been a plan to do something, Deity said that he wanted to code something to prevent it, so nothing was done to maps, but he has been busy with other things. I will talk to Versh and possibly try to edit the maps. I agree that the spawn camping is very annoying, and that is the main reason I don't usually play war when it isn't full server.

Fiver26 and thejacoborg like this.
  7. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    hmm well it looks like staff does think its a problem :3

8. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    We always have, (example of why people shouldn't assume things). There have just been other things to work on. As Sweet said, Deity was planning on coding something so we left the maps as is, but other things took priority.

We'll start looking over maps this week as I get time to see if any can be adjusted.

9. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    hmm well looks like every time I asked in TS during event wars it was just simpler to ignore and act like it wasn't a problem instead of saying why it wasn't being worked on :3

10. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    Maybe if we all yell at each other, the problem will go away! Yes, yes... That must work!

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  11. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    Thank you versh (and sweet)! Greatly appreciated

12. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    We need something that allows us to only regenerate health if we are inside our own half of the map.

So lets say i go and spawn camp the enemy i will never regenerate because i am in the enemy half therefore i am an easy kill

xKade likes this.
  13. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    What if we add some ring, and if the enemy team goes in I, they get, lets say, instant damage 80?