1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce mob spawn rates

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by tridler2710, February 14, 2012.

1. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    well when the first spider was born we fed it nothing but mushrooms, what you see are the results of this mother spider

2. tridler2710

tridler2710

In-Game Name:
    tridler2710
    Well photographic proof has been given of this ludicrus spawn rates... and all you are saying is "tough" ... nice.... a flaw in the server and its basically sticking 2 fingers up at everyone...

3. BigBird

BigBird

In-Game Name:
    BigBirdo
    The spawn rates are good to get wool but the monsters get annoying.

4. tridler2710

tridler2710

In-Game Name:
    tridler2710
    The ratio of animals : monsters is stupid its like 1:200000

5. bta88

bta88

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    BTA88
    Nonsense, I see piles of passive mobs all over the place.

6. Bonesetter1775

Bonesetter1775

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Bonesetter1775
    It's not a flaw. It's a setting that we made on purpose.

7. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    A flaw in the server? Huh?

I think it was clearly explained that it is working as intended.

Most players wanted more mobs. Mobs used to spawn in chunks farther from players that they weren't even going to. Mobs now spawn in the active chunks close to players.

It's not a flaw. How do you figure it's a flaw when it was done intentionally?

Also, yes, there are more mobs in single player minecraft. I have seen hundreds in the chunks around me in any single player game I play. A lot of times they are squids, which is annoying. But they are still there in mass numbers.

Lord__Xemnas likes this.
  8. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    That. Is. Cool. Thank you, for both the explanation & the changes. (Though, I can see how the effects would be substantial!) This is the kind of info that should go on the wiki, as it's going to get lost in the forum search within a few weeks, and we're then going to get lots and *lots* of "Argh, too many mobs (and it's causing lag)!" posts in the none-too-distant future.

9. FizzleCrank

FizzleCrank

In-Game Name:
    FizzleCrank
    AAAAWWWWWWWWW YYYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

dont see why ppl are complaining anyway, put some armour on grab your diamond sword and fking pwn them, failing that build traps, water death traps are fun!!!

10. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Still to easy, I personnaly think, that all mobs, honestly, should explode with a 50 radius to get the survival back, because if you wear armor, like the average population should, and can, you will have a good use for all your excess diamonds and iron, aswell as being able to fight like 5-10 creeps at the same time, with some carefullness.

11. Realm1121

Realm1121

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Realm1121
    Reduce spawn rates, increase spawn amount. (Title of thread + outcome)

If they spawn once a night only idt it would be that bad, but constant waves could be tough.

12. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    Does this armor thing go to someone that never wears armor.... :(

cliff777 likes this.
  13. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    IF you had the tools to help yourself, when i need of help, wouldn't you do it ;)?

14. Ninj3047

Ninj3047

In-Game Name:
    Ninja3047
    I think hostile mob spawn rates should be lowered in main and kept the same in mining. My town has torches on the roads everywhere and mobs still spawn... no building can be completed with mobs killing town members all the time... especially creeper. I have a feeling the creeper's detonation radius has been increased or their cool down rate has been decreased or something

15. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    Yeah, I noticed this last night. Normally I can kill creepers with the old in & out routine, but every single one of them blew up on me last night, as though I couldn't duck quite far enough out of their range.

Definitely worth living in diamond armour these days ;)

16. Saint_Dante

Saint_Dante

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Saint_Dante
    I find this very amusing. The closest anyone has gotten on this thread to matching Anvil's spawn rate is Zangetsu, and he's about half the rate. And, this is with me being the only one in my town online. There is a good 500 block radius around our spawn building that upon being entered you are risking your life. I've literally watched spiders and creepers spawn right next to torches. But honestly, the only thing I have an issue with is the number of creepers, and the fact that in the middle of the desert at midday, spiders are still aggressive in broad daylight. I also think the skeleton ratio should be boosted lol, I don't see enough of them.

17. Mister44

Mister44

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Mztr44
    My problem with the spawn rates has been trying to dodge them to get back to where I died or even just to an area where I can mine again. But whatever, i'm learning to live with it. Would rather have too many mobs than too little. Back 8 months ago the mobs got turned off, and that wasn't much fun.

18. Wyvernknight13

Wyvernknight13

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Wyvernknight13
    Perhaps thankfully, I live on a magical floating castle with a built-in mob spawner underneath. The upside is many mobs spawn down there, the downside is I have to hear them all the time.

However, it is not unusual when I'm derping on the /mc to open a hole in the floor and see 10+ mobs hanging around underneath me. With the new chunk rules that came into play, Realm and I's town had a bit of a problem with monsters spawning aboveground, with multiple players ~25 blocks away from each other, so we had to improve the lighting. That seems to have reduced the problem, perhaps coupled with our unusual position above a giant dark hole.

I still get increased numbers of mobs in my vicinity at night, usually not a problem, but sometimes it gets pretty hairy. It also makes it difficult to afk unless I am inside or flying. However, I agree with MG's statement of the survival nature of the server. Players need to be ready to deal with the challenges the game will throw at them, whether it be lava, ninja spiders, or zombies breaking down doors.

One important thing to mention though, the removal of chickens and, subsequently, feathers, makes arrows a rarer commodity. I personally have some lag where creepers are a challenge to defeat without exploding them, which is frustrating.
    I do see enough skeletons in ratio with other mob types, but with 1-2 arrows per drop, and some number larger than that required to kill a creeper, it adds up fast. A possible solution may be to offer feathers for sale at the /shop. This possibility has most likely been considered, just thinking out loud.

Think of it as "extreme house-building".

Riillaith likes this.
  19. Carpetyoo

Carpetyoo

In-Game Name:
    Carpetyoo
    Hes right, i think they should really cut it down. its not that you dont know how to fight them its just you dont want to run into 8 creepers and 5 skeletons right after you spawn!

20. TheBigBrain

TheBigBrain

too many mobs!