1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Redstone Blocks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hallideadly, April 10, 2015.

1. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Is it hard to code change redstone blocks to not output a redstone signal and then remove the cost to place and let everyone place them??

My thought is that it would be nice to build with these blocks, since they are not hard to acquire. No redstone signal from them necessary as there are many different ways of transferring power through a circuit. I have not used Redstone blocks in any of my redstone circuits and I am sure that all craftsman would like to do away with the 25 dei it costs to place one.

Just a thought: :)

2. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Uhm, ew. I prefer to let all blocks act the same way as in Vanilla. Redstone blocks is the only solid block able to emit power, which makes it perfect for big, decorative chandelliers (combination of redstone lamps and redstone block is way prettier than redstone torches or levers sticking out from everywhere). Similar reason to use redstone blocks is when you want to be sure that the power source lasts even if the circuit is copied over (i used levers in some war arenas and they are messed up), or when there is danger of water griefing.

3. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    I agree with Barry on the 'leave it vanilla' approach toward power emission. Though, to satisfy your question and my curiosity i took a look a look at the api. The RedstoneBlock Material object doesn't have any mention of power, so unable to set powered = false. Likewise, if i get a Block from a location i can only check if it is powered, i cannot set my own isPowered state. So, it seems like no. .. but i didn't do a very exhaustive search.

4. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Thank you both. enough said - Barry is accurate as always. <3

<----- *needs to think more before posting random shhh*.

no worries on digging further into the coding.