1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Quiz Event Idea! - Admins please read! :)

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by X920MikeyB, September 23, 2011.

1. X920MikeyB

X920MikeyB

In-Game Name:
    X920MikeyB
    OK! I got it, an epic plugin idea for a Quiz Event! :)

Every night at like 7pm (uk time) so um maybe 2pm US time? Or another time, your choice. We have a "Quiz"

Will be similar to an irc bot, where the plugin will randomly take a question from a list of questions and answers. The first person to type the correct answer into /q (quiz chat) will win the prize:

So we'll have 3 waves:

Wave 1 - Easy Questions

Wave 2 - Medium Questions

Wave 3 - Hard Questions

Each wave will consist of 10 random questions taken from the list and will automatically react to the correct answer, and reward the player with the item(s) / Dei that they won.

If the plugins too much hassle, then I don't mind doing the Quiz myself and monitoring it on IRC :] then players can answer in /g

Wave 1 - Prizes = 2 Iron Ingot per correct Answer
    Wave 2 - Prizes = 2 Diamond per correct Answer
    Wave 3 - Prizes = 2 Gold ingot per correct Answer

Max wins per person per wave = 2.
    Max win per person per event = 5.

We could use some simple questions like, what do you type to get to the capital city?
    What's the command to spawn to a town?
    What channel would you advertise your items to sell to another player?
    What channel would you use to seek a town?

So it's common sense stuff, this way we educate the players, aswell as provide entertainment and fun!

Harder questions can be like:-

What page on the website would you obtain a class?
    Where can you post your ideas and suggestions?

Then we can do some minecraft questions and other ones to tie in with these.

If you like the idea let me know and I'll start working on a list of questions for each wave.

If the auto plugin isnt possible / may be available later. Then if you give me the Prizes each night or say maybe once or twice a week? Then I don't mind doing the quiz through IRC and monitoring it there and then handing out the prizes at the end. - Like 20 iron ingots, 20 diamonds, 20 gold ingots.
    Could even tally up all the answers and whoevers got the most correct answers, we could have 1st, 2nd and 3rd and give away dei too. Like, 1000 dei, 500 dei and 250 dei.

For the 1st/2nd/3rd we wouldnt limit the # of questions answered, just the limits would be on the iron ingots / diamonds and gold so all players have a fair chance against those ninja typers! :)

Let me know asap and I'll start writing up the questions!

Regards,

Mike!

2. Fizzor

Fizzor

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    FizzoR
    Seems like a very cool idea :)