1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Quest suggestions.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Leviathan_Ziz, September 10, 2012.

1. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Hello there ImDeity Kingdoms,

NPC's are not to be included in your suggestion, we are trying to minimize the amount of NPC's and weave in your quests with already existing/planned NPC's.

As part of some large changes that we will be making to the server, a quest system is currently being developed. These quests will be provided by NPCs at certain locations throughout the world.

These optional quests will give players additional things to do and will provide appropriate rewards when they complete them (money / items / 'achievements' / etc).

The only type of quests we would like to stay away from are quests that require people to harvest large amounts of non-renewable resources ( ie: chop down 100 trees, mine 2 dozen diamonds, etc). Requesting other types of items that are easy to regenerate are fine however (ie: bring me 100 wheat, make a set of stone tools, kill X amount of mobs, etc).

Quests can have multiple tasks and requirements and we would also love to implement some basic RPG-style quests with a story.

So in this thread, please list as many quests as you can think of -- any and all ideas, no matter how incomplete the idea is or whether or not you think its technically doable, we will see if it can be made possible.

Rewards may be granted if we use your quests. These rewards will depend on a few factors.

A good format for your quest is:
    Code:
    [1]: Sort of NPC :We will try to tie your ideas into an already existing/planned npc, as to reduce the amount of NPC's to a reasonable amount.
    [2]: Quest(s) description(s): Goals, items to be delivered, etc.
    [3]: NPC text
    [4]: Reward(s)
    [5]: additional info, such as skin links for the npc, etc.
    Failure to make a good suggestion, e.g: Pvp, pure spam, terrible format, not new, copying the current quests, will result in your reply getting deleted. If you can create a quest in one minute, do not bother, doesn't even save us time.

If your quest does not have it's text, reward(s) and quest description your suggestion will be removed.

Ideas that make no sense will be removed. As well as comments on the already made suggestions.

2. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    [1] NPC:
    A worker for the city of some kind.
    [2] Description:
    In the spawn in the jungle area, there is a portion of the wall in the water (I will include Co-Ords soon when i find them), and the quest would be to gather up X amount of stone (2 stacks possibly?) to restore the portion of the wall underwater, as it is eroding away.
    This quest could possibly be repeated, as the wall will continue to be underwater.
    [3] NPC text:
    I don't really know specificly, but something along the lines of..
    "Excuse me sir, could you help me? See, this portion of the wall is under water, and eroding fast. But, you see, i don't have the stone to fix it. I would be so grateful if you could get me X stacks of stone for me. Who knows what could happen if it isn't mended soon?"
    [4] Reward:
    I don't know how much quest xp quests would usually get, but i imagine it would be rather low. Possibly 300-500dei to go along with it.
    [5] Info:
    The biggest problem with this quest would be that the watery area (again, i will provide co-ords soon) isn't very close to the path, and having the quest giver somewhere different wouldn't make much sense, because you couldn't actually see the wall in the water, but you could provide a path there and then give the NPC near the wall a few other quests in the jungle, so it could the a little quest hub for the jungle/mall area.

Sephronia and Rmarmorstein like this.
  3. Pirate9927

Pirate9927

[1]: NPC : Knight of the King
    [2]: Quest : Kill 20 zombies and 20 skeletons.
    [3]: NPC text : "If you are truly worthy, kill 20 zombies and 20 skeletons to prevent the invasion. I will reward you handsomly."
    [4]: Reward : 500 dei and a diamond sword
    [5]: Skin link : http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/482428/legendary-blue-knight/

4. skeller00

skeller00

[1]: NPC: A fisherman or Deck hand in the marina.
    [2]: Quest: Gather fish to complete the quest.
    [3]: NPC Text: "The kingdoms fish stores are starting to dwindle and our fishermen haven't returned from sea with our next supply. If you could help replenish the stores we would be very happy to pay you."
    [4]: Reward: 1 cooked fish and 50 dei per 5 fish caught.
    [5]: Additional Info: I am not sure of the value of the reward compared to the task so that is not set in stone. A good setting might be to have the player take a small boat out to a ship in the sea start fishing there.

(This could also work for hunting several types of animals. The reward would have to be worth the trade off otherwise people would just keep the meat they hunt.)

5. tefphoenix

tefphoenix

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tefphoenix
    1. No NPC. 4 Chests for items brought in with signs above them listing item and reward.
    2. Quest: Place for items that aren't much use on the server. To be a continuous quest as opposed to a one time quest.
    3. Text: Signs in either the guard rooms or rooms at the entrances to the outer walls. "Help rid of us of the foul spawn that terrorizes our populace at night. A bounty is offered for each vermin you kill. Place the remains of your kill in the chest and you shall be rewarded. "
    4. Reward: 5 dei for each zombie flesh(low as continuous quest) 25 dei for each piece of gunpowder 50 dei for each spider eye 100 dei for each ender pearl.

Rmarmorstein likes this.
  6. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    [1]: Sort of NPC : Guard
    [2]: Quest(s) description(s): Get the guard a new iron sword
    [3]: NPC text: Hello citizen, i need your help. Someone has stolen my iron sword while i was sleeping in the barracks. The lord will punish me if he sees me without a sword. What is a guard without sword? Help me please.
    [4]: Reward(s) 30 dei 5 quest xp
    [5]: additional info any skin (maybe steve), leather armour

7. tylers3c

tylers3c

[1]: NPC- injured Farmer
    [2]: quest description - bring 5 buckets of milk and 20 wheat to the injured Farmer
    [3]: NPC dialog - "Hello kind sir, a skeleton shot an arrow in my knee, can you please give me some of your harvest? just 5 gallons of milk and 20 bales of wheat, sir."
    [4]: Reward(s) - 45 dei 6 QXP
    [5]: skin - normal NPC or any that suits your liking

8. BitOfAle

BitOfAle

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    BitOfAle
    NPC : A technician or such
    Description: Complete the Red-stone circuit to push this anvil to where it needs to be.
    NPC dialog : "Can you collect the items and complete my circuit? I need to use this anvil." Items: Red-stone dust = 20, Red-stone torch = 6.
    Rewards : Red-stone dust = 25, Dei = 50, Quest XP = 10
    Extra : The wiring should be partly started and finished to give idea as to where to place. This also serves as a neat little guide to MineCraft begginers on how to use Red-stone items. The pushing is when the circuit is complete and it activates a piston that shoots the anvil up one to working at level.
    Skin : A guy in a hard hat and tool belt pointing to the start of the wiring.

9. Sencho

Sencho

NPC: Old Woman
    Description: Cake for the next generation
    Dialog: "Uh.. hi young pal. Would you mind helping an old granny out of her misery? I really need a cake for my grandchilds, they are going to visit me soon!"
    Reward: 30 dei and 5 xp

10. tinywolf1960

tinywolf1960

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    tinywolf1960
    [1]: Sort of NPC : Old Lady
    [2]: Quest(s) description(s): Much like an old morrowind quest have there be * spiders harassing her basement* and you need to bring back 25 string and 5 eyeball
    [3]: Help! spiders are detroying my food supplies for winter, please help me squash them and bring back 25 string and 5 eyeballs as proof.
    [4]: Reward(s) 40 dei and 20 xp

11. jedispider

jedispider

1: An NPC next to a farm

2: Description: colect a stack of seeds

3: Oh no! Not again! Hey you can you do something for me? These cows trampled my seeds again. Could you get me a stack of seeds? Id appreciate it.

4: Reward: 50 dei

12. muthinor

muthinor

In-Game Name:
    Muthinor
    [1]: NPC: Old wise man/Old Crazy man
    [2]: Quest: Be able to give certaing objects, which ones are in the forum.
    [3]: NPC Text: "A new face! Please kind youngster, Could you please help me with this? I dont really know What I need But I know its inside a &6Portal"
    [4]: Reward: 10 watermelons, 4xp, and 3 diamonds (Same as the max amount you may get voting daily).
    [5]: Additional Info: This is a good way of making people register in the portal and become more "active" about the server and the towns, the classes, etc.
    The NPC could possibly give the newcomer a written book where it says what he/she needs to do, (register, go to XY forum, see Z things and give them to the old man)

13. sa5mmm

sa5mmm

In-Game Name:
    sa5mmm
    4 quests with same woman
    [1]: Sort of NPC : Woman with small children
    [2]: Quest(s) description(s): 1 find children 2 clean them up maybe get a bucket of water (npc will give bucket back) 3 feed them dinner (make each child 1 bread and give it to them) 4 send them to bed (get a redstone torch as a night light and get them milk [npc will give bucket back])
    [3]: NPC text: 1 Help! My children, they are lost! Please find them. 2 Oh my, they are a mess! Please help me clean them up. 3 It's supper time and I ran out of bread. Please help me. 4 It's bed time and they don't want to go to sleep. Can you help?
    [4]: Reward(s): 1 Thanks, here's something for your efforts (20 dei) 2 (player gets bucket back) Thanks, they must have been pretending to be piggies in the mud. (I'm not sure what player gets but maybe pig meat because of piggy reference) 3 (will get a melon or pumpkin pie for desert from the woman) 4 Thanks a ton! Being a parent sure is hard. (maybe get a wool (blanket) or bed)
    [5] extra info: quest 1 will be woman outside of her house and children will be hiding about maybe some run around so it's like tag trying to get them to the mother quest 2 children will be in front of mom and mom will say things like "Dirty little kids" and "What's all over your little faces" quest 3 they will be inside house and mom in front of furnace(stove) children sitting at table Children might say "I'm hungggrryy" "When's dinner gonna be ready mom?" quest 4 children will be jumping on bed or cowering by mom because the room is to dark with the lights turned out. mom will be near door way looking in telling them to go to bed.

14. Frenchy1

Frenchy1

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Frenchy1
    Pre:
    This would be a re-make of the "Big Game Hunting" quest lines of WoW (Pretty famous quest lines, might ring a bell).
    For the sake of Roleplay, it would be preferable if only Bow kills counted. This is a quest-line about hunting, and doing it with a sword really kills most of the fun.

[1] NPC:
    An Explorer/Hunter in the Thieves guild (skin below). Probably set the quest to one of the NPC's already in thieves guild.
    If this does not fit with current "Thieves guild" agenda then probably an NPC in a bar/pub?

[2] Description:
    You are sent on quests to kill semi-rare to rare mobs.
    They will scale in order: Chicken (The NPC is making fun of you at the start), wolf, EnderMan and lastly an Ocelot. He is an honorable man and trusts you on your word (no need to bring back loot of the mobs). As soon as you kill them with a bow you complete the objective and can come continue the quest.

[3] NPC text:
    First greeting:
    "Good day [playername], you appear to be quite the adventurer! I was once a great hunter and am looking to pass on the thrill of the hunt to another such as yourself, would you be interested in learning the ways of the wild?"
    Player pokes NPC a second time:
    "Sublime! Now as I do not know how good of an archer you are, your first task is to find and eliminate a chicken. Take your time and come see me when it is done. Remember to use your bow."

Npc gives player a Bow and a set of leather armor. (With a green dye for camouflage if possible <3)

Post completion of Objective1:
    "Hrm, that took you quite a while... Nevertheless you did achieve the objective. For this next one you will risk your life. Slay a great wolf, and we shall talk further."
    Post completion of Objective2:
    "I can see that you are quite the skilled hunter. This next hunt will be hard, venture far inland and find one of the terrors of the realm. Find an Enderman and eliminate him with your bow."
    Post completion of Objective3:
    "Amazing! That must have been tough. For this last one, venture into the jungles and track the rarest of all. Slay an Ocelot to show me that you have earned your place as one of the best hunters of all time."
    Post completion of Objective4:
    "You truly are the stuff of legend! Here take my bow, you have earned it. We will meet again my friend, next time the stakes will be higher, and the hunting grounds will be a bit more... fiery" (future nether questline?)

-> If the player returns without having completed objective: "Return when you have slain a (x) with your bow."

[4] Reward:
    Since this is a long and hard questline, the reward should be adequate.
    1000 Dei and the hunters bow: Power 4 Durability 2 Flame 1 (Perhaps make it a named weapon such as "Siren's Cry") -> Also make the bow be at half durability if possible, after all it's a used bow.
    This is a really good bow (would be hard to get via enchants) but the entire idea of the quest is to make players use bows more often. As few people use bows, this sort of reward would promote archery on the server.

[5] Info:

Here is the skin, I think it is perfect:http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/807356/old-archer/

Anuatl and thejacoborg like this.
  15. PineconeDJM2X

PineconeDJM2X

[1]NPC: An old alchemist or even wizard of the wizard towers
    [2]Quests Description: To collect some coal ,redstone ,iron ,and at one point diamonds, and to give it to the alchemist/wizard.
    [3]NPC Text: Oh why hello! May I ask you for a favor? I need some [item] for a particular experiment of mine. Will you be kind enough to get some for me?
    [4]Rewards: Some potions (hey what better way to get some!) and some quest exp. Possibly money?

16. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Code:
    [1]: Sort of NPC : Old wizard
    [2]: Quest(s) description: Enchant a sword with Sharpness II (Or some other enchantment)
    [3]: NPC text: "Hello, child. I would like to ask a favor of you. Bring me a &4sword with the power of &9Sharpness II. Thanks, friend. Hehe...." (Enchantment can be something else)
    [4]: Reward(s): two emeralds

17. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    [1] NPC: An oldish man or woman about a hundred blocks out from spawn, in a fairly small hut.
    [2] Description: You are sent to collect various plants and foods (like melons and carrots) so that the woman can start a farm.
    [3] NPC Text: "Hey there, young fellow. Could you help an old (man/woman) out? We had a drought recently, and we lost our supply of plants. Could you be kind enough to help me restock on my crops?
    [4] Reward: A small amount of dei (maybe like 25 per type of plant stack, and 1 per additional stack?) and
    some "Herbalism" experience.

darcipeeps likes this.
  18. tefphoenix

tefphoenix

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tefphoenix
    1. Can do with NPC in armor or signs.
    2. Maze with 3 entrances:
    1st (easy) Arch of leaves with cobblestone or smooth brick path leading straight to core. Can be to the dwarven ruins that are being built.
    Text for easy entrance: Enter to take a diverting stroll to ruins of yore.
    Reward for easy entrance: a rose (it's easy)

2nd entrance: More complicated leaf maze leading to core with spawners to release mobs
    Text: While the ladies divert themselves in the garden; try your skill against the spawn that inhabit the darker part of the maze.
    Reward: mob drops, 5 XP, diamond sword and helmet/200 dei

3rd entrance: Bridge that half way through has great number of blocks missing. Spans lava or if wish to make it less hazardous, water. Thought is that it will be difficult to jump across the blocks and
    for most players take several tries so it will be fun and a challenge to do multiple times even if one has already completed the quest.
    Text: Attempt the bridge perilous at your own risk.
    Reward: chain mail or gold chest plate and leggings/10XP/500 dei

19. star_trio

star_trio

In-Game Name:
    star_trio
    [1]: NPC : An old librarian in the Wizard's University.
    [2]: Quest description: You must collect a certain number of books, feathers, and ink sacs to help the librarian in her task to replace some books after an accident in the library.
    [3]: NPC text:
    Starting the Quest
    "Oh hello there deary. I apologize, but I can't help you right now. A few of our apprentices thought it would be a good idea to practice combat magic in the library, greatly damaging quite a few books and now they need replacing. Perhaps you can help me, my dear, if you would be so kind as to collect 9 books, 6 feathers, and 6 ink sacs I can start repairing and replacing them."
    Finishing the Quest
    "Oh thank-you so much deary, with these I can start to transcribe some new copies. Hmm...Perhaps making those apprentices transcribe the books themselves will give them a new appreciation for the library. Oh, before you go take this tome for your troubles."
    [4]: Rewards: A mid-level enchanted book and 30-40 XP

darcipeeps and Majora_Unmasked like this.
  20. technofreak280

technofreak280

[1]: Sort of NPC :A guard in the castle.
    [2]: Quest(s) description(s): To get him an entire set of iron armor.
    [3]: NPC text: " The castle has run low on supplies in the armory. Can you gather a full set of hardy iron armor for the armory.
    [4]: Reward(s):A diamond chest plate and 5-10 experience.
    [5]:A man wearing full leather armor with an iron sword. skin link: http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/1166424/intense-skill/

darcipeeps likes this.