1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

PvP with theme? (Idea)

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by eriqmerc, July 13, 2012.

1. eriqmerc

eriqmerc

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    eriqmerc
    Hi, Eriq here.

This idea came to me all of a sudden. What if pvp had a theme, like the following:

Showdown at high noon

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Nice town. Pity it ain't big enough for the both of us.

[​IMG]
    That population level is about to decrease by one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Saloon - Not suprisingly, closed momentarily.

[​IMG]
    The Graveyard - For them cowfolks who pulled out their six-shooter a split second too late.

[​IMG]
    The Wanted List - Ridiculous. I am way more expensive than that.

PVP (Pirate vs. Pirate)

In pvp, scurvy is the least of your problems.
    [​IMG]
    Avast ye, scurvy knaves! We be bordin' yer.

[​IMG]
    Shiver me timbers! They be bordin' us! Tis a fight te' the death then! Be careful not te' fall down or yer be heading te' Davy Jones' locker, landlubber.

[​IMG]
    Tis used for steering the ship but since we're battlin' don't bother with that, matey.

[​IMG]
    Arrr! Te' loser shall walk te' plank!

Bilko and thejacoborg like this.
  2. thecrazyman11

thecrazyman11

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    thecrazyman11
    This stuff would not be built by players and they can easily destroy it

Leo likes this.
  3. thejacoborg

thejacoborg

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    thejacoborg
    Normal players can't destroy within protected zones....

4. thecrazyman11

thecrazyman11

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    thecrazyman11
    You can't protect this as it doesn't belong to a faction

5. joshbmxstar28

joshbmxstar28

In-Game Name:
    joshbmxstar28
    I love the idea! I can also see you have put a fair amount of effort into this :) But not quite sure on the way it could be implemented.

6. thejacoborg

thejacoborg

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    thejacoborg
    1. We have pvp arenas in the main world....
    2. This thread is for server suggestions, and I therefore think he meant for this to be built by admins. (Admins can protect stuff anywhere, even outside of a faction or town).
    3. Where did he say this "doesn't belong to a faction"? Considering this forum is for suggestions/ideas, not things that have been built inside/outside of a faction already....

7. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    Can I be the first to say wth? Stop upping you're post count it's annoying and makes you look stupid.

AntonioBarbarian likes this.
  8. cellgenjr

cellgenjr

In-Game Name:
    cellgenjr
    this could be a good idea, but i hope this isnt the only two themes you are talking about, maybe a theme of sky fortresses representing heaven and angels, and underground fortresses representing the underworld and the demons, this way there would be a constant amount of action and puzzle solveing to successfully siege your enemy, also in order for this to work, there would need to be an ally/enemy system(im sorry if there already is one) so the angels can fight together against the demons and demons can fight together to slaughter the angels

9. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Well, the OP states "like the following" so no, those aren't the only two themes, just examples so we know what s/he is talking about. I'm also relatively certain that there are "team" plugins out there. Something like this would be hosted on the events world, though, so I am willing to bet any plugin found would need to be altered/recreated to work in conduction with all the other plugins.

Also, a theme of "Angels vs. Daemons" would need to be fought on some sort of battleground. A sky fortress and an underground fortress sounds like too much vertical motion and/or too big for reasonable team PvP. My estimate of a reasonable PvP team size is at least four, and I'd even go up to ten, in some cases. To make something like that small enough for people to fight in, would be to under develop the fortresses where the fighting would take place.

Overall, I think this is a good event idea. For a once a week thing, I would think a prize for the overall winning team would be 500-1000 Dei each. If this were to become a signup thing, then I couldn't reasonably see any more than 50 Dei for the winners, given the number of people participating.

The easiest way to handle armor and weapon situations would be to have everyone spawn in with a set of armor and a weapon, I think, but it could also be loot based, with chests popping up every so often in certain areas containing a few pieces from a set item list. Perhaps do both? Also, when someone dies, no loot drop, because in larger team PvP there will just be too many items on the ground, creating lag, and in a real battle you don't have time to loot a body. You usually don't get time until after everything has cleared.