1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

PvP, People vs Problems

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by TimmyCee, May 31, 2012.

1. TimmyCee

TimmyCee

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    TimmyCee
    Hi There! And sorry, my english is not that good =)

I really think, that we have many problems with pvp:

1: People go to pvp. Someone stole their stuff or kill them, or both. These victims will come to main server or team speak and cry about it.
    Well, i really know... It is not that funny to lost everything. And start all over. But!: Pvp is pvp, i think that the idea is kill others and take their stuff. So simple. If you can`t stand that, just don`t go there. Pvp isnt that fair. Always there is a bigger group with bigger guns.

2: Bans. I don`t know anymore what is happening there. Every single day people get banned cos pvp. That is something odd. And then again, other say: You are cheating! And others: No i dont!
    So what is the huge problem there? People cant play nice? Or someones just want to get rid of competitors.
    Maybe there will be so much bans that there is no more problems with bans...
    When people get banned on pvp, they cant play on the main server, did you know that?
    More banned players = less players... And i dont even know anything about mathematics.

3: WorldWar in main server
    Hmm. This one is bad. When people play on the pvp server and then come back to the main server, Why they can`t leave that pvp and those stuff there? Why the pvp and that war in there are always coming to the main server?
    Towns are starting to hate other towns. Citizens are starting to hate other citizens. Everyone is stabbing even their own town or friends. No one is respect anything or anyone anymore.
    -I can tell you where our base is, if you add me in your team... :p
    So lie, stab, steal, tell bad things for others, bribe, or be the badman...
    Again, those things is NOT the problem on the pvp. Those things are the real problem on main server.

4: Too much hate, problems and fight
    Too many good and active players are going away. They are leaving. And all cos pvp.
    Do we really want, that our players find another server just because people can`t use their common sense? Do we really want to kill our friendly and almost perfect server?

I have a GREAT idea here. Trust me, i am good in this. I am so clever:
    Use common sense.
    Use humor
    Try to understand sometimes other players
    Everyone don`t cheat, even they sometimes can kill you. (i really don`t believe that everyone in this server use hacks)
    Take it easy. Sometimes you will won, sometimes you will lose
    Remember one important thing: Pvp server is for pvp, main server is the main server. Don`t ever try to combine those. They are really different servers. Don`t take your hate or disappointment on the other server with you.
    Don`t be too childish. And don`t really think that you are the onlyone in the world.

And buy the way, i don`t even play pvp (i quess my thoughts can be wrong cos that, or NOT)

So, have fun in pvp, and also on the main server. Just try to be nice. And remember to smile
    (after all, we are talking about the game here, not the real life)

2. Numinex

Numinex

In-Game Name:
    Numinex
    Hear Hear old bean!!!

3. ShadowWulf585

ShadowWulf585

In-Game Name:
    Saint_Shadow
    MMMYEEESSSS!

4. xxgoofxx7

xxgoofxx7

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    xxgoofxx7
    I notice alot of hate does go around because of the pvp server.
    I don't play pvp server however, so I can't say much.

5. pat5055

pat5055

In-Game Name:
    Pat5055
    I play on the Pvp server but do not see these problems, I do see though people yelling at each other, GIVE MY STUFF BACK OR I'LL *blank* you. The mods are not very active on the Pvp server so I don't see as many bans, but people do need to learn to behave but the mods need too tie up the loose ends. So my reccomendation is that the mods get more active o. This problem as it can be a deadly force on the main server.

6. northernnerd2

northernnerd2

In-Game Name:
    ZMatt96
    I under stand all those problems with Pvp, and those will happen regardless, now my problem with pvp, is you cant raid other clans bases, you cant destroy the walls of other factions, and you multiple factions take advantage of this, also i think a better idea than a pvp world, is a team based arena instead of the 1v1v1v1v1 that the arena normally provides maybe a 2 times a day event where one team gets one castle, one team gets another and they duke it out, the team that wins gets dei and the map resets after.

The reason why i say team arena is because like stated before, pvp ruins servers, but pvp is a whole lot of fun and when its controlled it can make a server great (in my opinion)

7. zRations

zRations

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    zRations
    Yes I find it a big problem myself that some people can not control themselves when something does not go their way in pvp. With that being said, I also understand that it is the nature of the game to a extent but it should not carry over between servers.

What o believe is the biggest problem and possibly the cause of this, is that the pvp server was reliant on the main server. Meaning the economy and some other things on the pvp server were controlled by the main. To fix this I think there should be absolutely 0% of the servers connecting, even the /pvp from the main world. Having a new domain made just for pvp could also ensure there is no contact between pvp and the main world as most players would probably stick to one.

TimmyCee likes this.
  8. pat5055

pat5055

In-Game Name:
    Pat5055
    But that would be bad for main server publicity and so is not done as you say.

9. Phyrion

Phyrion

In-Game Name:
    Phyrion
    yea, voting on 2 servers is tough, also a problem is that if they are 2 different servers, numbers will drop from main server.

10. aRuHZoNa

aRuHZoNa

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    aRuHZoNa
    I don't like how people on the pvp server are getting banned all the time for language and racism and saying other things that aren't acceptable. It's just minecraft. It should never make people that mad. We alll need to just calm down while playing it. Honestly.

eriqmerc likes this.
  11. eriqmerc

eriqmerc

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    eriqmerc
    Well said, my friend.

12. zRations

zRations

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    zRations
    I do agree with you that cursing should not be a bankable offense as people will ge mad and say some things but racism should not be brought into the game. Racism is a global ban worthy according to mcbans so I have no prolem giving tempans to it.

13. aRuHZoNa

aRuHZoNa

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    aRuHZoNa
    I didn't mean I don't agree with it, I meant I don't like that people are cursing and being racist over a minecraft game. I fully believe they should be banned/temp banned for cursing/racism. Lol

14. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    Minecraft is a virtual reality where people go to escape the evils of the world. If you allow people to use foul language, then this game would be like real life, which is what people are trying to escape.
    I do agree that people DO need to calm down while in the PvP server, the people that are using racial/homophobic slurs are the same ones that overreact while on there.

15. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    I'll be very clear. You may be banned for arguments that go beyond arguing about what happened in PVP.

You can and will be banned for cursing excessively on the PVP server.

And you will definitely be global banned for racism and homophobic slurs.

16. chblyth

chblyth

In-Game Name:
    chblyth
    I agree, personally, I think factions were a bad idea, so many people get bad attitudes toward everyone, PvP arena get deserted, the main server (the best one I've seen) has been deserted, the well know server is now shadows because of the faction server, I say rid us of this pity world, stick to the original main server, get more moderators (look at my thread applic.) and let's relive the good days! Trade is going downhill, the fun is being drained from the original server, server veterans are leaving, people from beta deserting the server because of boredom, we are losing former glory, former power, former happiness...

17. BlueDude265

BlueDude265

In-Game Name:
    BlueDude265
    It is a choice to play on the PvP server, if you don't want to immerse yourself in the hostility don't go there, the fact is: A lot of people like PvP if they can handle the hostility then let them play on it if they like, don't shut it down.

18. chblyth

chblyth

In-Game Name:
    chblyth
    I play it, all I'm saying is it is affecting the server horribly and wrongly

BlueDude265 likes this.
  19. BlueDude265

BlueDude265

In-Game Name:
    BlueDude265
    And you are very correct when you say that

20. strydier

strydier

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strydier
    Reminds me too much of Counterstrike. Hacks, crying noobs, glitches, hate, drama, puberty. Ill stay on the main world.

chblyth and Stiah like this.