1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Programming service

Discussion in 'Trade' started by btarb24, August 1, 2013.

1. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Alrighty

2. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Someone else had suggested the alert when a mob got close to you thing as well. Im still debating on adding it. If i did add it then i'd likely make it so that it only alerts you if your player hasn't moved for a least 1 minute. This way it's not going to help you while you're playing.. rather it's just an alert for when you have to step away from the game for a minute.. for instance to look at the forum, etc. I also might make it so that it beeps when the mob strikes you the first time rather than when they're getting close. This way it's less like cheating and more like a last ditch effort to return to the game before you die. We'll see.

3. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    Maybe make it have a alert when you are attacked by a mob but not a player.

melvin484 likes this.
  4. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    I don't think im going to add the alert for proximity whatsoever. Adding one for when you get struck seems ok though.. it'd basically the same thing as turning up your volume so you can hear the game sound when a mob or player hits you. I'll also look at adding a damage log so you can see how much damage eat hit did. I'm not too sure if i'll be able to get the damage dealt to another player or not.. especially things like bleeding. We'll see.

ngennaro likes this.
  5. ZuperCreeper

ZuperCreeper

In-Game Name:
    ZuperCreeper
    How much would a mod that adds color options for the redstone lamp cost? Not the lamp itself, but also the light it produce would be coloured.

6. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Sorry, i'm not interested in doing one like that. I only have intentions of making mods that better the imdeity experience. Modifying visuals aren't really my thing.

7. ZuperCreeper

ZuperCreeper

In-Game Name:
    ZuperCreeper
    No problem, I was not even sure it would be possible! lol

8. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    It's definitely possible. The person would just need to tweak the openGL that generates the glow and then just change the texture image of the lamp. One thing to note is that only people that install the mod will be able to see the new effect. Everyone else would see them as they are by default.

9. ZuperCreeper

ZuperCreeper

In-Game Name:
    ZuperCreeper
    Yea yea yea! I knew that already.

10. xMachiavellix

xMachiavellix

• Diamond
    Can you do a mod that changes the colours of specific chats, maybe make townchat stand out a little, as a mayor town chat is highly important and it doesn't stand out, maybe even build that into n0blify as only assistants will need that mod

btarb24 likes this.
  11. Xplosions

Xplosions

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Xplosions
    To go along with your chat mod, how about a mod that allows you to create chat tabs? This ability would allow you to choose which chat types go to which tab. This would allow users to move certain chat types (like system messages, PVP chat, etc) to a tab so that it is only visible if you open that tab.

Was just a feature from an MMO that I play that I enjoyed, cause then I am able to filter which chats I saw and which ones I didnt.

btarb24 likes this.
  12. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye

xMachiavellix likes this.
  13. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Lol, i think what vershye is trying to say is that I have discontinued Noblify (and refunded everyone). It was replaced by a larger mod called ImDeity ModPack and that this new modpack will soon have the feature you've requested :)

I do enjoy tabs. I'll consider this idea. The only reason i'm not jumping all over it (since i really do i like it a lot) is that i want to try to not modify too many core minecraft features. Replacing the entire chat gui with one that has tabs will increase the probability that other mods that utilize the chat will not function correctly any longer and be incompatible with the modpack.

14. xMachiavellix

xMachiavellix

• Diamond
    can you make an enchantment mod whereby i choose a level of enchantment that i want and it'll cycle through enchants until it hits said level

thejacoborg likes this.
  15. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    I'm not sure if i followed that correctly. My understanding is you want to be able to have the table keep opening itself until you get a specific enchantment available? If so then na, enchantments are intended to be random, so altering that would be cheating a bit. If i misunderstood then feel free to elaborate :)

16. xMachiavellix

xMachiavellix

• Diamond
    Not a specific enchantment, more like this.

I am aware that at level 27 you have a higher percentage chance of getting protection 4 than you do at level 30, statistically of course, on a book.
    So, theoretically I should always enchant at level 27 if I want prot 4, but at times I can sit for ages clicking until I get to 27 and 9 times out of 10 i'll accidentally press too many times and go past a level 27. So would it be possible to make a mod that say I type in level 27, it cycles through (as if you had taken the item out of the table and put it back in) the enchanting table and stops at a level 27 enchantment, it'd also help those who have not reached level 30 find the perfect enchanting level

thejacoborg likes this.
  17. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    This is probably me being nooby, but what exactly are you clicking? Are you continually opening and closing the table interface? I didn't realize the exp requirements changed if you did that.

18. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    You're just picking the item up and putting it back in the table. Each time you do that the enchants on the right change and usually the levels of the enchants change as well.

19. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    This idea is intended for help with chat moderation and stuff: For whoever has the mod if/when it is built:
    Every time something in a given filter (Maybe add it so you can add words to the filter?) is said by someone in chat, it automatically highlights it and saves a screenshot of it.

thejacoborg likes this.
  20. rangerzfire

rangerzfire

In-Game Name:
    rangerzfire
    You should make a spell check mod that auto corrects unless you backspace and type the word again. You could also make it so if you press the P button then it will bring up a dictionary where you can search and add words so you don't have to back space every time you say lol or XD. It would help with spelling quickly and is a good tool for bad spellers like me or if you ever need to look something up in a dictionary quickly.