1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Preventing Lost Stuff From /Mine

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Tychonyx, January 31, 2015.

1. Tychonyx

Tychonyx

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tychonyx
    It has come to my attention that one can lose their inventory in /mine when attempting to reconnect to the main world while the main server is restarting. I understand that this is because there is no direct connect to the mining world due to players using this to duplicate items. Which is why I do not wish for the direct connect to be reinstated. Rather, I would like to be notified while I am mining when a main server reset begins and ends so that I do not attempt to return to /main and lose my inventory.

Something along the lines of "The Main Server is being reset for approximately 5-10 minutes as a part of regular maintenance. Please refrain from using the /main connect for risk of losing your inventory."

followed by, "The main server has completed its restart. It is now safe to use /main."

One other thing I feel that i should mention about these messages is that they should be made in a different color than green/red. When i am mining, the message "this is the imdeity mining world, use /main to reconnect to the main server" pops up about every 5 minutes and tends to clog my screen to the point that i no longer notice it. To allow players to see the difference between this server restart message and the mining world message, I would request that the restart message be made in either yellow or blue colors so that it is much more visible compared to the green/red one.

Thanks for reading.
    Tycho

Last edited: February 1, 2015
  2. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    That message is green though.

Qazz likes this.
  3. Tychonyx

Tychonyx

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tychonyx
    Yes, I'm sorry I tried to change it when I went back and edited my post but I didn't see that I wrote red at the beginning there. Changing it now