1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Posting photo's within posts

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Xplosions, April 18, 2015.

1. Xplosions

Xplosions

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Xplosions
    Ok, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if its a computer issue, so I figured I'd ask here and see if I can get some help with this.

My problem is that when I make a post and click the "add photo" button, I place the link from Imgur into the line where it asks for the link, but when I click the "finish" button (or whatever it is) the image shows up with a "broken photo" image instead of posting the actual image. What am I doing wrong or is this something that may not be properly set up on my new computer? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

2. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    Are you posting the pictures url or the link to the actual location?

3. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Some image hosting websites have a confusing link system. You can get a direct link for the image or a link for 'a page' with that image on, the first one will work with forums image posting, the latter won't.

For imgur the links are not that different from each other:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/diijO5C <- Link to a page with a photo
    http://i.imgur.com/diijO5C.jpg <- Direct link, photo only

If you have the 'page with a photo' link, and not the direct image link, right click the image you want to repost and select to open it in a new tab. If the new tab shows the image only, and nothing else, then you can copy and use that URL.

Michael_Jordan likes this.
  4. Xplosions

Xplosions

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Xplosions
    Awesome! Thanks, I was using the Link to the page, I changed it to the direct link to the photo and now they are working :) Thats awesome, and easy...thanks for helping me, now I can actually post screenshots instead of just links to the pages..lol.