1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Pets & Farm animals

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Brytton, November 12, 2013.

1. Djprincessnikki

Djprincessnikki

I don't really know how I feel about this... I definitely think we should be able to have mobs. I understand that we can't have too many because of lag reasons but I feel like we could be taxed based upon how many we have. Nobody should be able to go to 100 but these numbers everyone is suggesting seem way too small. Personally, I was leaning towards more of 20 or 25. I think we should either create a new class for agriculture, farming, and breeding or allow all classes to use it. Sheep, cows, and pigs are a normal part of Minecraft therefore everyone should be able to use them and their commands. Then again... I despise the fact the the value would go down and less and less people would be in need because they would already have their own mobs. I am also wandering a bit about how the butcher command works? Thanks for reading.

melvin484 likes this.
  2. Gillster

Gillster

In-Game Name:
    Gillster
    I think that it is completely necessary for people to be able to keep their mobs. Mobs and fences and gates were created so that people could keep them and use them to their advantage. People can chop up cows for meat. People can shear sheep for wool. And what is the point of dying a sheep if it's just gonna despawn?! Although it could keep it from lagging out, I do believe that we could keep it under control.

3. QueenMJ

QueenMJ

Although I can't say I completely understand how allowing everyone to have 10 or even 20 mobs would effect the server, I do know that more should be available. And as some have said, if what is being suggested is too little for one person to have, then perhaps it would be better if it were limited to just one class, so as not to overwhelm the server. Then the people who have access to these mobs would have a good amount, but it would not put unnecessary on the server.

4. yair144

yair144

Neat idea. It could be nice if pets had special things, like "beauty contests" or something. (Maybe dress-able pet zombies?)