1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

OpenSimulator

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by MasahiroRina, December 16, 2016.

1. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    Hello friends, how are you today? I was wondering if anyone here likes to play on any opensim servers and if so, where?

I usually prefer to run my own server, but I don't have a dedicated one at the moment, so I'm kinda wondering if there's somewhere else I can play for a while. (Feeling the need for dancing as I build things)

Additional information:
    Opensimulator is a framework for 3D worlds that can be accessed with a viewer, similar to Minecraft. It is separately developed from SecondLife, although it shares many compatibilities with the proprietary framework. Things can be built within the "sim" by importing 3d files from Blender, Maya, Wings3D and many others, or by using basic shapes like Torus, Sphere, Cube, and more. Animations and sound files can be uploaded and shared with other users, and due to this many sims have an age restriction. However, there are many sims that frown on adult material being uploaded and maintain their spaces as "family-friendly". In fact, there is an entire network of sims designed for schoolkids, and only those kids and monitors are allowed to interact on it. Some schools, including Stanford, have course material available inside their own sim. Viewers for VR systems are in development. A view-only viewer called Lumiya is available already for smartphones. Hmm... what else... well, I guess I can answer more questions as they come up.

Last edited: December 16, 2016
    JWCuber likes this.