1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

No more resets?

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by BarryX15, February 13, 2016.

1. doraatheexplorer

doraatheexplorer

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    doraatheexplorer
    I don't know if this has been covered, but maybe we should look at how many of those that called for resets in the past that's actually still actively playing? It seems like to me that most of them have long gone, because they were bored of the game, not the map. And that they thought everyone starting all over again would fix that. But what really killed my fun, and my towns Wraught and Crystalguard was in fact the last two resets. It made the majority of the active players drift off to other games, because they had to start over again, from scratch.

Now we can argue that the resets were badly needed, because of lack of updates and such. But if we had been allowed to bring with us some of our building materials and/or money that could've made a huge difference. We could have made the old towns available on a creative/no edit server, so people could still visit old build and maybe even rebuild them on the new servermap. Or made the map available for download. Instead we just ended up with no money, nothing to build with, no town and no townies to have fun with.

I'm sure a lot of people felt a little bit discouraged about starting over yet again when another reset might or might not be in the future. And it would leave them stranded with nothing again.
    I cannot speak for anyone else. But as it is now, I have more fun in creative than on main because I know that my build will be there as long as the server is up and running.

tOPIV, heinz_gruber and BarryX15 like this.
  2. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Thats my Dora! 100% agree, hindsight is a wonderful thing, lets hope we dont repeat past mistakes from this point onwards xD

EDIT: 1.9 is imminent so i hope we done have to have a reset for it.

Last edited: February 29, 2016
    doraatheexplorer likes this.
  3. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    If 1.9 introduces new features, we could always just harvest the new features from /mine and terraform the existing map.

4. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    1.9 is simply a Combat Update. I can see nothing in it which would require a server reset, as most block changes are in the End.

Many thanks,
    Seph

heinz_gruber, BarryX15 and asdfjkll2 like this.
  5. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    I'll be honest, I like resets, though I do like them spaced out. It gives me a chance to build something big, work on a town, then learn from my mistakes the first time and do it bigger and more organized the second time. Anecdotally, the FTB server was a lot like this. The Caldera crew and I would build a new town every time it was reset, (and name it after me for some strange reason) then the server would go down or the pack would need an update and a new one would start. We'd do the fun building/ exploring/ community thing again and then we'd all just sort of disappear until the next time. I like that the server is like FTB, but bigger, longer, and more protected.

MasahiroRina and BarryX15 like this.
  6. itscold

itscold

In-Game Name:
    itscold
    what about adding 3 continents which would be the 2011, 2012 and 2014 pre reseted maps just for exploration, no building

Last edited: March 1, 2016
  7. ___Genesis___

___Genesis___

In-Game Name:
    ___Genesis___
    The only way to bring back old players is to give us the old old spawn and then declare no more resets... then they would invest time and energy in the server

heinz_gruber likes this.
  8. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    I don't know what you base that on, does our current spawn deter players? What would old players have against the new spawn I wonder?

But I will always vote for no reset, if people like resets then slap me with a fish and call me Susan.

I miss the slot machines of old though, they were cool xD

___Genesis___ likes this.
  9. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Hi Susan! :D

10. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor