1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

No Gold? I don't get it.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by TheRealForte, June 24, 2012.

?

Do you think my ideas should be done instead of this massive Ban?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    57.4%
  3. I have an idea! (Post your idea in the comment section below)

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    We still run into the problem of people hiding their wealth in gold blocks and not getting taxed on them.

2. Mr_Sterling

Mr_Sterling

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Mr_Sterling
    Since gold is used in crafting recipes, and people like to build with blocks, why not just remove it as the 25 Dei fixed price ImDeity commodity altogether?

Leave it in game and let the market demand set the price for gold... then...

Create a whole new craftable ore to populate the mining world with... call it Deitium or something and have that go into your vault instead, convertible to 25 Dei only.

I think that would be much simpler to mod the mining world than to create an elaborate gold item store?

It will also make the server even more unique and secure. Since the ore will have a custom item ID you can keep it a secret and even rotate the ID# monthly to even further protect against hacks.

Additionally, you could make a fun contest to name the block and/or design the texture for it.

Could a mod like this be done server-side without requiring a client mod for the new block/texture?

Moiriana likes this.
  3. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    A new ore would require a mod, as you sau... We all know why that can't happen.

4. Bilko

Bilko

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    bilko100
    I have an idea as to how people could build with gold blocks and not duplicate them and make money...

Send out an announcement that soon, only gold ore will be payable into a players vault. This will force all players to deposit their gold, as it would then be worthless if it wasn't in a vault. When this is done, allow players to withdraw gold from their vault, however as soon as that is done, it becomes worthless, as it cannot be deposited. This will allow people to build with the blocks, but won't allow duplicators to make money off the item.

Of course, people won't be happy that they are losing money when withdrawing gold, however if the cost is split evenly between town members for a project, the final cost per player would be very small. One way around this is to allow very small quantities of gold to be deposited each day when in ingot/block form. For instance 1 ingot a day. This will mean people don't lose their money and also means it would be near impossible to duplicate gold to make money, unless you log in everyday for 50 years.

Not sure what people think of that?

BarryX15, Lord__Xemnas and mbonachea like this.
  5. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    I already said that at another place on the forums. Actually we talked about the fact that noone can build with gold blocks anymore on the last staff meeting and this topic is already adressed. Currently the right people are working on it.

6. Bilko

Bilko

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    bilko100
    Yes, I understand the fact that no one can build with gold blocks, that was just my suggestion on how it could be solved.

7. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Another thing came on my mind. Gold vault is linked to website/portal account. Players without portal account have no chance to earn money by mining gold and every gold ore they pick up is lost. Is this fair?

8. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    It seems fair to me. If the server is good enough for them to play on, it is good enough for them to have a website account. If they are below a certain age and their parents have to set one up for them, then that is the parents' prerogative if the child can have it or not. Also safeguards against naughty children who shouldn't be playing without permission from their parents/guardians.

There are differences between servers and communities. There can be communities within servers, but a community based server shouldn't have to do anything to please non-community members. There is enough of the website visible without having an account for someone to decide whether this is a good place to settle down for a while or not.

9. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Well, people better start making portal accounts then. More and more stuff will be linked between the server and the portal as time goes on. If they don't want to create a portal account, then they miss out on joining towns, making money from gold, participating in auctions, and even having a class.

10. Mr_Sterling

Mr_Sterling

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Mr_Sterling
    The newbie quest should be moved to hub in my opinion and they shouldn't even be able to chat spam or go to /main until they open a portal imho

11. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    That many people don't vote. It's easy to see how many people vote by just checking minestatus at the same time every day and comparing the number of votes to the last. Also, since we have had votes reset, it's easy now to see how many votes there have been for a whole week.

Currently that is: 2606.

That is only, rounding up to account for this not being a full day yet, about 400 votes per day, not 1500 as your assumption was. The real numbers were available, no need to assume or make up stats. You could have checked minestatus when you posted this on June 30, and divided the number of votes by 30. If we were getting 1500 votes per day, no other server would ever be close.

So that's 80000 per day now, and only as much as 160000 in June, if everyone had the bonus. The bonus is gone now though.

Also, not everyone uses that money. A lot of the people use it to just get into the games, and are not actually using the money ever. Plus that money is spread out over 400 players a day. So it's not like someone is able to buy a town a day, or amass money quickly, unless someone is convincing everyone that voted to give them the money. So gold, as a form of labor for pay, is still necessary for people that actually want to make money at a decent rate.

There is also money being removed from the economy daily as well. Mayors buy plots for their towns, there is a 10% fee on auction sales, transfers of dei to PVP world, and every once in a while, a new town is started. Plus, server taxes will return as well when ImDeity sees it as necessary.

If there really is more money in the economy and it is broken, then a real problem I see is that prices that players charge each other are never adjusting. When I first started playing on ImDeity, diamonds when for 40+ each between players. So if there was really massive inflation from a broken economy prices for all items (not just diamonds) wouldn't be stuck at pretty much the same as they were before the map reset. But people seem happy with the prices of items as far as I see.

I think money is stagnant at this point, mostly because players don't trade enough, but that will change when we can implement player shops and auctions for all vendors.

When exactly was this "promised?" People throw around the word "promised" a lot when these things come up. I know that ImDeity never uses the word "promise" when he says something is going to happen. Because he knows priorities change for one reason or another.

And we should all be aware that those priorities will definitely change around August 1st, since Minecraft 1.3 is being released, and it will take time to get custom plugins updated and working with 1.3, as well as getting 1.3 stable and tweaked to run on the servers.

12. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Well a new ore is coming in 1.3... :)

jdog1766 likes this.
  13. iKcenrazc

iKcenrazc

In-Game Name:
    iKcenrazc
    I'll have to throw my two cents in for pro-gold. The gold taboo needs to be ended, and as a server we need to take the economy off of the gold standard. We can then earn our Dei by voting or selling ALL wares to server vendors (even gold, but for a lower amount of dei).

The issue of hiding taxable gold is silly because many loyal denizens of this server aren't even taxed (HOORAY FOR THE WILDS!) but still like to have gold blocks around for decoration and such. A new ore would be swell, but a platinum statue is just not quite the same as a golden one.

14. MuttiMatti

MuttiMatti

• BANNED
    In-Game Name:
    MuttiMatti
    People could not build with emerald blocks if thats currency? Well it's ugly anyway.

What about price of it, it's 25 more rare than diamond ore.

15. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Town taxes have nothing to do with future taxes on the amount of money people have.

Town member taxes are paid directly to the town, not the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.