1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

No Gold? I don't get it.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by TheRealForte, June 24, 2012.

?

Do you think my ideas should be done instead of this massive Ban?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    57.4%
  3. I have an idea! (Post your idea in the comment section below)

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angryjukebox

angryjukebox

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Angryjukebox
    What about being able to transfer gold to someone elses vault? This cold be a good thing for towns that have had an assistant take the mayors gold by accident while using a town storage chest, or, say you were loaning someone dei but you only had gold in the vault? Since it can't physically be taken out there could be no "illegal" gold trading, because you can regulate it all through the portal page.

Just a thought, but could prove useful.

2. strydier

strydier

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strydier
    Sweet Baby Jesus. This is the kind of post I like reading. I really like your idea of spending dei to get a temporary speed boost or fancy titles.

The problem with pennybags isnt that the gold price is a fixed amount. It was meant to jump start the economy and then have shops level the playing field. When the server first reset selling gold was the only way to make dei besides voting. If we hadnt put the market on hold people would have filled in the supply/demand gaps for other items and stopped focusing on just getting gold. Once put on hold the entire economy was based on getting gold, selling it, trading the excess or hoarding it. Now we have this mess.

Anyway, once the new spawn is complete and we have shops selling a variety of items the hoarding of gold will slowly drop to levels equal to prereset. As gold ingots become a fraction of most players income I see Van and Deity removing or adapting this so it doesnt pose any problems to those who wish to build with gold blocks. For now this is what we need to keep veteran players from being tempted to dupe and getting banned.

I will say again I am partially to blame for the hold on the market. I made a design and plan so large that Deity questioned why it needed to be so big. I argued that I did it this way so it would have room to expand and tie in nicely with the merchant class perks.

Yall just be patient. The new spawn will be live in a couple of weeks and everything will be added in the following days and weeks after.

Cathal, Sephronia, Moiriana and 3 others like this.
  3. DrewDragon

DrewDragon

In-Game Name:
    DrewDragon120
    I agree withTheRealForte, what happens if someone wants a clock or powered rail? Also down in the mines, what block would gold benreplaced with? Stone? Boring!

4. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    Gold is still there, but when you mine it it immodestly goes into the DeityVault.

5. DrewDragon

DrewDragon

In-Game Name:
    DrewDragon120
    What is immodestly?

6. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    Stupid auto correct :p
    I meant immediately

7. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Amazingly enough if you had read van's post about it, they will be available soon in the server shop.

vanZeben and strydier like this.
  8. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    In my case, it's because I don't go to the main spawn often enough to sell them - it's out of my way because that's been the only reason I've needed to go to the main spawn since the map reset. I've got a bunch because I couldn't be bothered going out of my way to sell them very often, so as they were stacking up I had planned to use them in my great construction.

C0nfuseki likes this.
  9. DrewDragon

DrewDragon

In-Game Name:
    DrewDragon120
    Oh. LOL

mbonachea likes this.
  10. Blazecreeper

Blazecreeper

In-Game Name:
    BlazeCreeper
    All this is crazy. I don't want my gold stuck on a digital online site! I want to use it! Come on guys, do we really want to have this useful stuff stuck? I want Minecraft to have it's freaking gold back! :mad:

11. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    OMG!!!!1!!! How about we rage moar and offer absolutely nothing usefull to the discussion bceause it makes us think we look cool and helps in no way whatsoever!

12. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    And we want you to READ THE FREAKING POST

13. Blazecreeper

Blazecreeper

In-Game Name:
    BlazeCreeper
    I have read the post. I want gold.

14. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Well guess what, unless you're going to post something constructive that might be considered helpful, don't post here again.

15. Novamike

Novamike

In-Game Name:
    Novamichael
    That is a very cocky attitude Vershye, there has been enough constructuve criticism in this thread that you could respond too but you choose to start a flame war...

I myself have posted some constructive feedback and suggestions and strydier is the only one that replied to it, positively i might add. My general impression of this thread is that people can't wait to jump on a post that hasnt been properly formulated and start flaming on that person. When someone brings constructive criticism to the table, you choose to neglect it because it points out things that are wrong with the server.

If people are only going to be ridiculed or neglected, why not just close the thread and keep some moderation on this forum. Strydier allready said that new spawn would be out soon, now we just need an official statement from Van to tell us about the long term plans for the gold vault and everyone would be on their merry way.

16. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Considering that wasn't directed at you Nova I suggest you pay attention to what your commenting on before you do it. If you would have actually read my post you would notice the part directly above my response showing who it is regarding.

So before you just randomly assume that my post is directed at the whole thread, maybe you should read a little closer next time. Also, it's usually good practice to know what you're talking about before you start accusing mods of things because, if you had taken the time to read it correctly, you will see that all 3 of my responses are either directly following the person they are directed at, or specifically quote that person in my response.

So, if you don't mind, kindly take your worthless accusations somewhere else until you can properly comprehend forum posts.

17. Novamike

Novamike

In-Game Name:
    Novamichael
    I never reply on off-topic discussions because the only result is flaming, I will make a small exception before getting back on topic.

I am well read and have a high level of education so I fully comprehend the means to communicate with other people even if English is not my native language. In everyday live moderators take part in meetings and public debates to moderate the discussion. They remain unbiased and rational in order to guide the discussion along a fruitful and constructive path. If the discussion gets off-topic the moderator brings the participants back to the topic at hand. Occasionally a moderator has to step in to enforce set guidelines or to correct errors in objective facts. The last thing a moderator should do is cause chaos in the discussion or mix in their own subjective opinions. For my job I make use of forums where I discuss professional topics and keep up with industry standards and have only experienced the moderators to act as mentioned above. These same forums do not get trolled, there might be a correlation but as a man of science I can't say that is fact only that it is plausible.

Now to get back to the topic of this discussion: the gold vault.

We were promised to have a shop with gold items 24 hours after the implementation on the vault, but this is not yet in the game. There is also no mentioning of this forum, neither is an expected eta for when it is ready. I would like to know the plans concerning this shop as well as the items sold.

There has been no mention on how to fix the economy. Chest shops and quests alone are not going to fix the damage that has been done by an unregulated money influx. A first step to establish a rigid economy would be to have server side shops that base the prices of their wares on a stochastic model of the entire population and the entire wealth. By using bootstrap methods you can obtain a lot of statistical data on your economy, for starters: determine the median, mean and average derivation values of the stochastic distribution. With this base set of variables you can create a relatively simple algorithm to keep the economy in check and still have random chances in there = fun for investing!

Gold is not causing massive inflation, voting is. By doing some rough and conservative calculations this is easy to prove. I have seen staff mention more than once that there are 6k unique users every day. Let’s say only 25% of those people vote for the server and that 50% of those people have the minecraft quarterly subscription. This would lead to a daily influx of dei at:

6000 x 0.25 x 0.5 x 400 + 6000 x 0.25 x 0.5 x 200 = 450 000 dei per day

That is the equivalent of 18 000 gold ingots per day!

This leads me to conclude that the current gold-based economy is totally flawed and is not a viable solution to a player driven economy. No one is to blame for this because running an economy is a lot harder than it looks like from the surface. This is the reason why large triple A MMO’s have multiple economists on staff to handle this aspect of a community game. I would like to know what the future plans are for the economy on this server and I hope that the staff will share these ideas/plans with us.

- Cheers

P.S. I would rather not see replies to the first part of my post. Instead I hope people will share their views on the goldvault, the economy and the solutions they have to offer

stewiepro777 likes this.
  18. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Well, let me put it this way: If everyone who replied to a thread was on topic and actually posted something useful in it, certain replies wouldn't be necessary. And calling someone out is not the same as flaming. You don't want people to respond to the first part of the above post Nova? Shouldn't have posted it, then. You claim to be intelligent, but you seem to forget that this is a forum for everyone to see at any time and respond to. Short of actually deleting useless responses, telling people to be useful is the best thing that can be done. Just because it is done in a way you don't like doesn't mean that it is flaming.

Also "as a man of intelligence" you claim that mods all act as you are interpreting Vershye's responses. You, my dear friend, claim that mods should be around to get topics back on track when they start to stray, and then immediately criticize one when he does. However, I do not see you criticize anyone else who made very similar posts. Ergo, from deductive reasoning, this would appear to be a grudge match, which easily leads into a flame war. You also do not seem to trust that Deity has carefully chosen his moderators. Your attempt to draw Vershye into a flame war (let's face it, you were the one who kept bringing it up in an attempt to put Verhsye on the defensive. And you did underestimate his intelligence by assuming he would do so) has failed. And then you have the gall to try to end that part of the conversation with your little "P.S." Don't worry, I will get around to contributing to the topic in what little way I can, as this whole affair has not affected me in the slightest, but first, as a forum moderator elsewhere who has dealt with many a troll/punk/child/ and ignorant poster, let me just say that if you don't like something that was done/said, especially by a mod, the proper procedure is to report the post with a message as to what you think is wrong with it. As a rule of thumb, reports that are about a moderator can not be closed by that moderator. Another moderator might, but if the report is really an issue, it goes higher up. In the meantime, I suggest you read up on the role of a moderator and how exactly they can and will go about doing that. You want professionalism? You can make the maturity level suggestion in this very part of the forums.

Back "on topic" for my two liner:
    I had a spark of an idea yesterday, but figured it would be more effort than it was worth to post. The thought was that the amount of gold that goes into the vault is recorded (which may already be done so) and people cannot purchase/trade for gold related items unless they have at least an equivalent amount placed into their vault. This prevents people from "getting" gold they did not "earn," it limits the gold trade a lot more than what already has once the shops open back up (assuming gold blocks can be purchased/traded for). I realize the backlash this suggestion might have, as some people much prefer to not do mining and would just like to buy their products. However, you can still hire people to do your mining and buying/trading for you, so it shouldn't be too much of a burden.

I apologize if this has already been put somewhere else in this thread. I haven't kept up with it because it does not concern me and I recognized a good chunk of this thread would be about people complaining. And my, we all do love to complain, don't we?

KiddieWish likes this.
  19. strydier

strydier

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strydier
    Dude. Your unique user number is way too high. You can often see the unique user count pop up as a server message in chat. Its roughly around 3000 a day. Also most people either haven't figured out how to vote or are ignoring the message. I'd say we have close to 350-360k a dei in voting. You can actually see how many people have voted for this period on minestatus. Its at 14,600 at roughly the halfway point so far. On the other hand I can say most of us that have been playing a while have different breakdowns. myself is probably one of the highest outside of a mayor with a good supply of gold. Here it is:

Voting: 200-400
    Lords Salary: 180 per hour on since im an assistant in a town. Mayors are higher i believe. Usually get paid 4-6 times a day so I make 720-1080 a day.
    Selling Gold: 1250 I usually do this every day but sometimes forget. I have vast quantities of wood, wool, stone, gold, tools etc. Currently all I do is stockpile.

So for me I add roughly 2730 dei to the server each day. I havent done much but build new spawn for four months. Taking in to account that I sometimes forget to sell gold or vote Ill subtract 25%. So now I add 65,500 dei per month. After four months of not selling anything Ive brought in 262,000k Dei myself in that period of time. Only a fraction of which came from voting.

The problem is much bigger than one particular thing such as voting.

Anyway before I get totally of track my point is this: All this Dei would be coming into the server daily regardless of whether or not the player shops were enabled. The only difference is it would be switching hands faster and to those that provide needed materials. The only way to fix this is to add more server money sinks... which Deity and Van have been doing. You can change your donor tag for 500 a pop. You can transfer money to the pvp world to buy land. Town taxes take 30-60k in dei. Towns cost 50k to start, plots are 500 a pop.

So in summary the only way to fix this is to enable player taxes. Most of you dont want to hear that but conisdering I still have 150k in personal funds that I have not added to my town I have a lot more to lose than almost all of you. (Dont bring town funds into this. Mine has 350k and that isnt personal money.)

20. coolwobbuffet2

coolwobbuffet2

In-Game Name:
    coolwobbuffet
    Heres an idea in the mineing world you can collect gold and craft it into whatever but if there is any gold INGOTS in the main world they are put into the vault you cant sell gold ore so if its refined in the main world it get put in the vault. if a gold block is crafted into ingots it is put into the vault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.