1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

new towns

Discussion in 'Help / Support / Guides' started by Hallideadly, February 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    my build in the wild has been taken over by a town. I had allready made a large building, and a massive size estate when i came across a flag on a hill.. Now I am new to this game and did not realize that the flag was respresenting a new town that had not yet been started..
    I continued to enjoy my time in the wild when one day the mayor of this town approches me , telling me that my main building is in violation - an illegal build,( too close to a town).
    I was left with 2 choices. 1. - join the town. 2 - relocate to a new place in the wild. Well to me that did not seem like a difficult choice - i will not join a town that will roll over me, so i left.
    Now my estate, mansion, and so on is left for them to do with as they please, while i have only 2 home teleports left and no means to take all my goodies with me to my new location.
    To be honest - i feel griefed, but i understand now that technically i was in voilation.
    There needs to be a better way for new builders looking for a place in the wild to know that they are not too close to a town that has not yet started but is marked on the map...
    I do not want to be forced to join a town just to play on this server, but it seems it is that or donate real money.
    respectfully - Hallideadly

2. MrGhoster

MrGhoster

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    MrGhoster
  3. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    Well, I feel for you bro.

After we put that out, there's also something that I have to say. There's a reason why it's called ImDeity "Kingdoms". Most of the time, everyone will encourage you to join a town/kingdom, because bascially, that's what the server is about. Sure, we have an amazing community, and deh sexy beast staff, but if you're not the type of guy to love being in a town, ImDeity might not be the best. It's a fact that they (most of the time) try to force on new players to join towns, because that's the server's intention was. To get people to join towns and form nice communities.

I understand that you're new the game, but new players are suggested to read the wiki (above) to make sure they get all of the rules. The wiki will tell you everything. I know living in the wild is fun, but it isn't very practical in the server, considering you don't have grief protection, unlimited warps, those things. A town does, so that's why it's easier to go that path.

It was rude for a town to roll over you, but maybe the town was there before you? And you could've gotten your stuff back anyways, since towns should let you do that.

The reason why there isn't a way for those new builders looking for a safe place in wild to camp, well, it's because they still encourage you to join a town. Not many actively playing play in the wild, mostly because of different issues. Whats the reason for you not to join a town? Financial issues? Personal?

If you need any more help, feel free to inbox me.

-Aqua

LupusAlphaX likes this.
  4. Frenchy1

Frenchy1

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Frenchy1
    Hrm, problem here is, starting a town is a massive enterprise. It takes a lot of time and a lot of in-game money in order to accomplish such a feat.
    Generally (or almost always) builds in the wild are "relocatable". I am sure that if you ask nicely, the town that is asking you to withdraw your claims on that specific terrain would be more than glad to help you build the same place (in better ^.^) somewhere a bit further.

The reason why "wilf Builders" have almost no permissions, is because of the amount of them. There are hundreds of new players each week that make cobblestone squares everywhere around the map. I believe that we can agree that a town mayor (who underwent massive work to get his town going) would not be pleased if thousands of cobble structures were erected around his/her town. Therefore (sadly) the law when it comes to this is quite straightforward.

On a second note, you could try starting your own town! No need for donation :)
    Achieve the rank of Lord and mass up a moderate wealth of 50k and you will be the Lord of your own protected estate!

5. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    First things first. Did you build there before, or after the town was there?

6. LupusAlphaX

LupusAlphaX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    LupusAlphaX
    I believe he said he was there before the town was started, but it was close to a pre-laid out area, I think.

7. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    ya, unfortunately the town marker was on the map before i started building in the area.. no biggy though. the one fella said it correctly - it is a town based server. I moved on to a new location in the wild.

I appreciate all of you responding so quickly, caught me a bit by suprise, :).
    Skyhold via Venithar has made a generous offer that i am looking into..

Also - please do not misunderstand.. the town did not roll over me like i stated, it just felt that way.. Actually the town mayor was very nice and offered me an assistant position, liking my builds he says.
    It was not as bad as it sounds.. Really not a big issue - i simply moved. all good..

thanx again peeps - for you replys

8. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    If the town was building but not officially created, and you were building at least 100 blocks away (it's a good distance. With no claimed plots you only get about 10 block protection from your builds) then the town had no right to kick you out. They may have been building first, but did not have the official protection. Having a town does not give priority in all things.

9. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Let's stop it right here. A town's boundary does not mean they get a claim on the lands around them, it means they get a claim on the lands there, if there is not already a legitimate claim made.

If you made your construction before the town's boundary reached there, you are in the full right to demand the de-claiming of your building and 10 blocks around it.

Here is what to do:
    1. Contact the mayor
    2. Explain him the situation
    3. Explain him what has been said here and that you are in your full right
    4. If he doesn't accept: File a ticket
    5. We will look into it, check it's legitimacy and take action based upon.
    6. You get your structure back.
    Edit:

Seeing as you already seem to be arranging differently, fair deuce.

Good luck in your stay on Imdeity Kingdoms and have fun :)!

- Thread closed, problem resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.