1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

New Recipe Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by smcallah, February 11, 2015.

1. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    I have removed "Bucket of Egg" from the list. Thanks, Barry.

I'm in favor of removing the armor recipes. About the eggs, except for rabbit's, I don't see much use for them; I believe they would end up as some collectible item - something I'd like to have, personally, but doesn't seem to be as interesting to most people.

We still have to wait and see what's Deity's decision on them. If added, they will either be sold at /go shop or have a recipe.

2. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    Okay, sounds good

colcol13 likes this.
  3. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    I don't know what the recipe plugin is capable of, but granite steps would be awesome.

4. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    It can't make new blocks, only what already exists in vanilla minecraft.

5. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    Okay, sad day. <3

6. Viaire

Viaire

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Viaire
    [​IMG]
    =
    [​IMG]

Last edited: June 13, 2016
  7. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    Hmm... Intriguing... I like it!

colcol13 and Viaire like this.
  8. asdfjkll2

asdfjkll2

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    asdfjkll2
    Yes please! I would love to see this implemented, it could be a great way for the really rich to spend tons of money into buying beacons and stimulate the economy with all of that investment. It would also make it easier for me to dig large tunnels quickly without wasting time moving beacons all over the place, heh.

9. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    I'd love to have something like that, but the plugin cannot create items enchanted beyond Vanilla limits.

10. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    Okay, I spent some time farming pumpkins and started really wanting a baby pumpkin head. Then I looked online and found this picture, which is pretty darn cool.
    [​IMG]

This led me on an adventure to come up with crafting recipes for nearly every MHF head.

Starting with the baby pumpkin.
    [​IMG]

If you can't give player heads via the crafting recipe like this, maybe we can get them in the deity shop instead? (be cheaper that way tbh) If this kind of thing catches on, we can get more specific deco blocks by using http://heads.freshcoal.com/maincollectionlist.php too.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ADDED: Just for Porter; Slime and Wolf (Also MHF heads)

SlimeHead.png WolfHead.png

Last edited: June 2, 2016
    ImDeity, Driver_X, squeezal and 5 others like this.
  11. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    Just going to say it. I LOVE this idea.

There, I said it.

colcol13 likes this.
  12. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    I like the idea and I'd love to do it, but I'm afraid the heads wouldn't be used that much.

You said "maybe we can get them in the deity shop" and, as you know, we currently 6 MHF heads in there, being sold very cheap and still I rarely see them being used (3 players in the last couple of weeks). The most popular one seems to be the cake, which some people like to use as their head - not so much as decoration.

This could be some kind of paradox though, where no more nice heads are added due to the lack of player's interest, resulting in less interest, so I think it is worth a try - at the same time it could need some push.

I actually want to add that and I've taken some baby steps towards it by giving a recipe to each mob head and also by adding a little feature to some specific items, which could be applied to decorative heads and maybe expanded by them - that's in the case this one thing is liked or at least noticed.

Summarizing this confuse post: I'm for it, but I believe just throwing the recipes there wouldn't be enough to attract more users.

Also, it would require some deeper digging to find usable heads because freshcoal.com and minecraft-heads.com heads have a technical problem that doesn't allow them to be given through the recipes plugin, but the specific decoration blocks suggestion is possible and would probably get a lot more love than the simple MHF heads.

BarryX15 likes this.
  13. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    The idea of adding more heads itself has my support, but some MHF heads are already sold by Deity Shop - should these be removed from the shop and added to recipes, or should more heads be added to DeityShop? Which option is easier to maintain?

Slight change to Cow head recipe suggestion - use raw steaks.
    Slight change to Pig head recipe suggestion - use raw porkchops.
    Slight change to Wolf head recipe suggestion - use raw mutton (bones would make sense but we use them for skeleton heads, and wolves hunt sheep so its sort of disguise).

We have about a dozen or two of people still active on main, so 3 players means that almost one quarter of the server population uses it :)

Hallideadly likes this.
  14. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    Any way to go into more detail into the problem? My understanding is that to get the head of the skin you are wearing you use a different command than you would to get an MHF or another user's head. However, I thought that MHF and regular users heads used the same command. I also thought we have some heads in the deity store/recipes because you are only able to obtain hostile mob heads in survival, when charged creepers kill those mobs.

Deity store is a little sparse, to be honest. It sells 6 amounts of glowstone, a banner, and 9 decorative heads, counting the faces. I've used a lot of the MHF_Chest head recently to decorate my house, but not so much of the others. If we added heads that look good in bulk, like the arrows, pumpkin, and melon, I think we'd get a more consistent flow of users. Also, since buying deco heads from the Deity store (99.99 dei) is cheaper than making them using recipes (220 for base head), I would prefer them to wind up there, honestly. However, since we're also talking about collector's items, I think having recipes to make the full set would be fun. I also just discovered that any item in a frame will display it's name if you're close enough. (not a noob, I swear)

What if Deity store became a curated decorative head store that also sells glowstone and Deity merch? Just a thought.

15. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Nope. The command is the same.
    The way it works is that the Recipes plugin has a special 'tag' that, when read by the it, is replaced with the name of the player who is crafting the recipe. So, basically, instead of doing something like "/give_skull Owner:'Player name' ", the recipe to get your own head goes "/give_skull Owner:'Whoever is crafting this' ".
    Except for the mob heads that are available in Creative (Skeleton, Zombie, Creeper, Wither and Steve skulls), all other skulls are obtained through the same "/give skull Owner:'###' " command. The MHF heads work in the same way. Spawning them is like getting the skull of a player named "MHF_Chest", for example. What's special about them is that these MHF accounts are kept by Mojang, what guarantees that their skins will never change.

The problem with freshcoal.com is that they use a trick to allow them to obtain a head with a specific texture (say, a Nutella jar) even if the 'owner' changes their skin later.

A member of FreshCoal's team posted this on Reddit:
    For Creative builders who can use Command Blocks, there is no problem in using those, but for the Recipes plugin, the fact that there's no real owner name for their heads means they can't be spawned in the same way all other heads are.

About /go shop, it used to have a bigger variety of items, Netherrack, Quartz, Prismarine, Black Dye, Slimeballs and most other unobtainable items were sold there before the Recipes plugin was added. The idea with that was to estimulate the economy, having players buying and selling crafting materials to each other, instead of paying the server. So if these heads were added, I think it would be more interesting to have recipes for them, instead of using /go shop.

Last edited by a moderator: June 3, 2016
  16. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    Oh, well minecraft hasn't supported getting skins from sites other than Mojang for a while, so I didn't even consider that to be an option. I thought it was just a list of user skins.

17. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    Can we add something like multiple effect potions? So we take an instat healing poton and combine it with a regen potion. I believe this is possible with our plugins.

colcol13 and Driver_X like this.
  18. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    The only thing we're able to change about the recipes and items are the recipes to make them, their names and the lore about them.
    We can't make them do something that isn't already in vanilla Minecraft.

19. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Although the plugin doesn't allow us to make new blocks and, for some reason, limits tool enchants to vanilla Minecraft levels, it is actually very open when it comes to potions.

It is possible to stack up multiple effects in a single potion, modify effects potency and duration beyond vanilla levels (and beyond reason) and it is also possible to make potions for any status effects in Minecraft, be it a potion, beacon or even special effects, like withering, absorption and nausea (as mentioned before in that thread about Nausea Potions).

It is possible to do that but I don't think it helps much. The only change is that, instead of carrying 2 potions, you will carry just one and I believe Potions need a very drastic push to maybe get some attention from people in this server.

I just thought of very high duration potions maybe, say, one hour potions, so that players might use them in a more passive way instead of having to carry bottles with you, e.g. drink a speed potion every time you log in so you have the effect for as long as you play. Is that interesting or maybe too over powered?

tOPIV and SharpyArcher like this.
  20. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    putting potions together in the crafting grid to stack their duration might not be overpowered. You still have to spend the resources on them. It might be overpowered with regeneration though...

tOPIV likes this.