1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

New Map= Re-boost the Economy

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by The_Yogs, December 30, 2011.

1. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Hi everyone, I'm liking the work imdeity has been doing, but I have some suggestions. MAYBE just MAYBE someone will look at them.

1. Open the nether to bring the new items and make pvp more fun with potions. You could just allow the nether in pvp world. (This adds more items to the economy).
    2. Bring more diversification into the economy. For example, bring back the cake method. We don't need hackers to get gold and become rich, please.
    3. Introduce more items into the economy (virtual shop) like fish, ink sacks, bread, and other things people have to work hard/legit for.
    4. If possible, open a central bank (at a new spawn location?). This resembles real-life and is nice because you could charge ppl to open their doors for a vault. This idea comes from my frustration walking to my house that is so far away from my /t spawn.
    5. Listen to people's ideas. Mods have been quite egotistic!

By the way, like this if you agree with my ideas and comment with your own.
    Good work ImDeity and vanZaben. Would like to see vvenya online more often though.

---Yogs

HookeyRox likes this.
  2. GoldenCreeper98

GoldenCreeper98

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    GoldenCreeper98
    1. Never gonna happen. 2. What are you talking about? You can still make cakes for dei. 3. You don't have to work hard for those things. 4. Join a town then. 5. Don't insult the mods. They are very good at what they do, and if you have a decent idea, they will listen. vv gave up, I think.

3. MGBroadcast

MGBroadcast

In-Game Name:
    MGBroadcast
    1) Nether isn't necessary as the items can easily be added to /shop
    2) If "hackers" can hack gold then they surely can hack cake so thats not a real valid point.
    3)By virtual shop i assume you mean /shop, fish and bread have no use to be as they arnt rare at all and easy to get. And ink sacks are there (BlackDye)
    4) Just have a plot in a town, no need to be charged for something you can practicably do for free
    5) People do listen

Engine_Flames likes this.
  4. Engine_Flames

Engine_Flames

In-Game Name:
    Engine_Flames
    1: I agree with MGBroadcast on this one
    2: Yeah i see what you mean with x-ray cheaters.
    3: That idea can be refined, but it's already been suggested in many forms
    4: What MGBroadcast said..

5. strez2

strez2

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strez2
    well imdeity kindom has a whole bunch of plugins to stop xray cheaters (thats why ores become invisible after a while) which is probably the reason they brought in the option to sell gold to the shop just recently. Cakes were way to easy 750 dei before tax and all you had to do was have a wheat and sugar farm + 20mins of cake grinding and you were done for the day.
    I recon with the mining world reseting regularly and the anti xray, they should broaden the shop list to include the sale of all ores priced according to ore frequency. Put the MINE back into minecrafting.

The_Yogs likes this.
  6. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    To MGBroadcast:
    My friend, I hope you do not major in economics :p
    You have to place yourself in ImDeity's shoes. He wants people to work hard on the server. Making people kill mobs in the nether, spending time to gather resources, crafting annoying cakes, and introducing classes are what he wants.
    1-You cannot just add nether stuff into the shop...that takes the purpose out of the whole 1.0 update.
    2-The hacks I'm referring to are "detectors." Cakes are one of the few items that have to be made legit. Hence ImDeity's decision to center the economy on making cakes.
    3-It is true they have no use. You are right. But, the virtual shop is not a player-to-player economy and ImDeity can add whatever he wants. Fish and bread, again, are items people need to work hard to get.
    4-Again, it is nice to diversify the server/add new stuff to keep people attracted. I have the task of viewing ImDeity's competitor servers and am insistent of new features. It was ImDeity's decision to introduce ranks to compete with other servers that had them. And a central bank is a sick idea. Did you not read my reasoning.
    5- Some* people do listen.

To GoldenCreeper: ??? Come on, dude.

--Yogs

HookeyRox likes this.
  7. jeremysee

jeremysee

In-Game Name:
    jeremysee
    I have a separate idea:
    Let things stay the way it is and laugh at the economy crashing with lack of cakes an lower gold prices.
    Sounds good?

IGoCrystal, HookeyRox and The_Yogs like this.
  8. HookeyRox

HookeyRox

In-Game Name:
    HookeyRox
    I gave up reading at Engine_Flames post :p.

9. HookeyRox

HookeyRox

In-Game Name:
    HookeyRox
    I likie what jeremy see said though lol

10. MGBroadcast

MGBroadcast

In-Game Name:
    MGBroadcast
    Lol no I don't not major in economics I'm only 15 :p
    1) Not entirely true, but then again you cant just add the nether as it it creates lag, there would be more "death spam" and would also make items lose value (glowstone, netherrack, soulsand etc). /shop is an option but you could also add these items to mcmmo drops. oh and pigman drop gold so the value of gold would drop to.
    2) The server has anti-xray which masks the ores. Al tho I don't know why cakes were removed.
    3) Yes true /shop is somewhat a different economy, but it would still effect the player to player economy as players can just buy from shop
    4) Yes it can be added but the question is, is it necessary?
    5)Yes some do

11. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    They should add nether, or at least the blaze rods. To be fair, on imdeitys post a whole new world, he did say after rest, ALL 1.0 items would be added.......

The_Yogs likes this.