1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

New map after 1.8

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by CookieKiller, July 17, 2011.

1. Nikes On My Feet

Nikes On My Feet

2. BLOB

BLOB

In-Game Name:
    Anderxale
    I am for resetting the map but losing all the stuff is kind of sad. Maybe make a storage building we can buy rooms in (like the mall) that will get blocked and taken to the new server and we can retrieve our items from it for 2 weeks. After the two weeks is up it will get demolished and unclaimed items can be auctioned or given away as prizes.

Maybe that is too much work for staff, I don't know.

I was on another server that wiped for 1.8 upgrade and they temporarily let you teleport between the 1.7 and the 1.8 map for 2 weeks to let you get your stuff. Again, I don't know how possible that is here because of the high player count. Maybe make the teleport cost a lot (like 50 dei or more) to keep people only getting what they need.

Meh, some solutions but I am totally for a map wipe :D

Oh! One other server had the worker class fix holes and raze random buildings in the wild by posting signs for 1 week to allow someone to respond with don't "destroy my building" and then demolishing. They actually made a requirement of so many of these "reclaims" for upgrading to the next level of "craftsman".

3. SimplePane

SimplePane

In-Game Name:
    SimplePane
    this has not been confirmed yet >.> i hope there isnt a new map but they dont even know if there will be one i say they as in admins

4. Tweaked83

Tweaked83

In-Game Name:
    Tweaked83
    yeah if theres a new map and my projects arent saved id probally book it, wasting 2 months and hundreds of hours of digging for nothing would be a total put off. Besides while minecraft trying to be rpg style with the new stupid food system the main core of the game is to build so why would the majority of us want a reset after putting so much effort into the game, and as for the comment of new people catching up I had one of the larger structures on this server built within 1 week of joining this server.

5. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Removed your 10th post. This is a good way to get your post count up.

6. mrnantel

mrnantel

In-Game Name:
    Mrnantel
    Ohhh Minecraft god... I hope the towns are saved! I don't really care how, as long as they are saved! :cry: