1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

New map after 1.8

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by CookieKiller, July 17, 2011.

1. Columbosaurus

Columbosaurus

In-Game Name:
    Columbosaurus
    Lol rov! Anyway, I think we should have a server reset! everything gone and start a fresh! but keep mcmmo. but this wud be a shame coz of peoples work, so! we set up a new world and live in this. then with the old world people take their stuff, then those towny files get deleted and keep that world as like a "art" world or somthing. even if we do get a new world i would like money to be reset but people keep their invent and chest stuffs

Many thanks, :D

2. Laurie1000

Laurie1000

In-Game Name:
    Laurie1000
    The reasons for the possible map reset would be: (In my opinion)

* We have too many abandoned or 'ghost' towns that it litters the map.

* All of the map is explored and you can't walk anywhere (most of the time) without seeing a small house or a cobble tower etc, etc.

* It would be fun to have a new map, new places to explore, more space to build (without having to destroy wilderness houses made by people who were on the server ages ago)

I mean, it would be hard to get over losing all your buildings and that at first but it is possible ImDeity can paste the towns (etc) into the new map.

Just wanted to put in my view lol,

Laurie

EDIT: I just wanted to say keep all our money and MCMMO ;) lol

3. kebapmanager

kebapmanager

In-Game Name:
    kebapmanager
    i think we should keep our stuffs (the thing about transfering chest i was talking before) and mcmmo and money should ne reseted. Also transfering a town with cuboid is almoust inpossible and it would toooke ageeees fot deity to do tht.Only thing i came up to and its fair to give some amount of money and materials to the owners of towns so they can start it again. Also it would be cool to give an amount of money per resident (50 dei) .

4. MoistPeppers

MoistPeppers

In-Game Name:
    MoistPeppers
    well in total the map restart is a good idea :) its true that we all want to see a clean map, but do not lose our towns.
    idea: what if the mayor of the towns that want to be kept donate a little extra to the deity server? that way you get your town, we have a new map in general, and we help keep our server up and running :D

5. MassacredMuffin

MassacredMuffin

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MassacredMuffin
    Here's the story:

Deity plans on resetting the map after Minecraft is out of Beta (November time). I'm not sure if iConomy or MCmmo will be reset, but I hope not. There will be NO map reset after 1.8, so stop panicking about it. It will be a good couple of months before it does.

6. IGoCrystal

IGoCrystal

In-Game Name:
    IGoCrystal
    Here is what I think should happen. After the game is out of Beta, Deity/admins should create a new map that has the same dimensions (or maybe a bit bigger) as the old map. The old map would still be there, functioning alive and well, as if nothing happened. This new map could be accessed much like the mining world- you can teleport to it, bring tools in it, all your money/MCMMO stats remain, etc. Deity/admins would then lock the old world so they can't create any more towns, but existing towns can still stay. People will slowly start moving over to the second map, and being able to keep items/money/stats, that way they don't have to start over completely. I think that would be what would anger people the least. ;)

7. kebapmanager

kebapmanager

In-Game Name:
    kebapmanager
    i agree with up :D :D :D

8. somecallmetimt

somecallmetimt

In-Game Name:
    somecallmetimt
    I think a map reset would be fine.
    It would be nice to get your money back you have spent making a town and buying plots so you didn't need to save up for that again.
    I have spent a lot of time clearing land and building things on this map but that for me is whats fun about the game.
    I don't spend a lot of time just standing around looking at what I have built.
    So a reset would be fine, keeping the stats we hare earned would be very nice though

9. lollyman

lollyman

In-Game Name:
    maxmm
    i think we dont need a new one at all coz every ones worked so hard on what weve got :D :D :D

10. kayned

kayned

In-Game Name:
    Kayned
    I think we need to get rid of the map entirely, and start anew. It may seem bad, but think of all the great wonders of villages! Trust me, the best thing for ImDeity: Kingdoms would be a restart. Well at least that is the circumstances in my eyes.

11. Reid

Reid

In-Game Name:
    Reidisabeast
    I'd be fine with expanding the boundaries of the map or copying and pasting old towns onto a new map.

12. Sethyboy0

Sethyboy0

In-Game Name:
    Sethyboy0
    Expanding the boundaries is one thing but that would cause the large map folder to get even larger.

With the power of multiple worlds however, 1.8 doesn't seem like a problem. Even in the /go mine world, a week is still plenty of time to explore the new features (many of which seem like they'd be more of a one use thing like a dungeon). The mine world would have to be expanded quite a bit, but it's a less destructive option than resetting the main world.

Still, a main world reset to freshen things up wouldn't be TOO bad. A reset of money might be okay, but stats should be kept the same to reward old and dedicated players.

13. hackrin

hackrin

In-Game Name:
    cocoa60
    OR you can have alot of the imdeity moderators and temp-moderators (Temp moderators so we can do this) Just go and copy all the town's in imdeity, Find a spot in the new map, And then bam! Good as new! New mine's, Tree's , Etc... Only one prob, You cant really copy and paste to bedrock ,So maybe you will have to do that and then just make it look natural beside's a floating box 10 blocks above the ground :l
    :3

14. X920MikeyB

X920MikeyB

In-Game Name:
    X920MikeyB
    As chunks and parts of maps can be regenerated aswell as the current map being expanded I really would hate having a world reset. I think the worlds good how it is... Creating other sub-worlds however could be... Entertaining.

15. MassacredMuffin

MassacredMuffin

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MassacredMuffin
    Agreed Mikey.

16. yozer247

yozer247

In-Game Name:
    yozer247
    I Think it is a good idea to reset the map after 1.8, it gives a fresh new start because lately there hasn't been that much excitement of exploring the world and such. I vote we should keep our mcmmo stats because they are hard but wipe everything else. I have taken into account that people will lose there buildings and such that they have spent time working on so a good idea is to use MCedit to copy the schematics of the buildings and then put them on the map (This means you dont have to completely rebuild the capitol). The town issue is concerning because of the massive community's we have made but the players could simply remake the towns and the members of that town could decide weather or not to go back to that town.

17. TheSawyer24

TheSawyer24

In-Game Name:
    TheSawyer24
    yes you are right :D

18. DidDover

DidDover

• Classic Operator
    In-Game Name:
    diddover
    Hmmmmm...A map reset would be cool, new things to explore, starting from scratch, building new and more improved towns, etc.
    Only, all the time that has been put in towns like Avalon, Gaia, Stalingrad, Dracore, and much much more... Those people who worked days, weeks, months on something will certainly not like it to see there work vanish in less than a second.
    So my idea is to start up a poll, where everyone can vote for what they want:

- A new map, which means; a new map will be created where everyone get's enough time to 'move' there stuff from the old map to the 'new map', and when everyone is done doing that, the old map will be deleted and the 'new map' will become the main map.

- A new map, which means; the current map will be deleted and a new map will be made, instantly.

- Nothing, which means; the current map will stay, no reset, no new map, everything will stay like it is right now.

19. FirstSnowLeopard

FirstSnowLeopard

In-Game Name:
    FirstSnowLeopard
    i just stumbled over this thread going through the forum... i am quite shocked that there should be a total new map. We are just a hand full of ppl that made our town (Centralia) with "with much work" (not recruiting any others), a lot of planning, discussing and with a lot of sweat. We got a lot of nice and even surprised feedback in what amount of short time we got to build a fairly nice town with a lot of things that look like: "the bigger, the better" (Hey, the most of us are guys, so...) :p
    So let me put it this way: I am totally not against NEW itself but I really would appreciate it, if our work would not be torn down in seconds. Perhaps there could be some kind of making sure which towns are still "running" and which totally aren't. The "old" ones or the ones that nobody wants to take to a new map, should, the others "just come along". ;) If it is technically possible, I am totally voting for this solution! Greetingz, FirstSnowleopard

20. wesbog

wesbog

In-Game Name:
    wesbog
    i believe we shouldnt do a map reset. why?? even though the copy pasting of towns may seem a good idea, it would look very unnatural to the rest of the world around. for example gaia has a lot of water and ships. imagine that water turning into a small pool somewhere on a dry piece of land, whith ships who look completely out of space.
    also, i wont like it either too see all my minerals dissapear, for ive done enough to get them. if wed start up from scratch, what would be left of imdeity kingdoms. it would basicly be a new server with some cool mods, but everything done before would turn irrelevant to the new world. the dungeons and new map generator will be entertaining enough on mining world, or perhaps just a new dimension, especcialy for that